• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 for PC coming to Steam on March 13

Mista

Banned

The PC version of Borderlands 3, which first launched in September 2019 via the Epic Games Store, is coming to Steam on March 13, publisher 2K Games and developer Gearbox Software announced.

In addition to the standard edition, a Super Deluxe Edition of the game including the Season Pass and Deluxe bonus content will also be available. The Season Pass includes four campaign downloadable content packs featuring new stories, missions, and challenges, including the now available “Moxxi’s Heist of the Handsome Jackpot,” as well as the “Butt Stallion” weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod. The Deluxe bonus content includes “Retro Cosmetic Pack,” “Neon Cosmetic Pack,” “Gearbox Cosmetic Pack,” “Toy Box Weapons Pack,” and “Equippable XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods.”

Gematsu

johntown

Banned
Hype I guess?? lol

I will pick this up after Doom Eternal. I waited this long what is a few more weeks.

If people are still hyped for this, then I don't want to be a downer...but I really disliked this game as someone who blew hundreds of hours on the previous two.

I spend like 55 hours with Moze and couldn’t muster the energy to play through the other classes. Still waiting for my second wind as I played the first two for 1000+ hours

DESTROYA

Wow, it is crazy that they waited so long to bring it out on PC. It came out on consoles in what, September?

To me this comes across as you not realizing it was available on PC in Sept.
That is what I said, they didn't release it on PC in September.
This is why I answered saying it was a Epic store exclusive ( release on Epic was sept 2019 )My bad if I didn’t understand your question.

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
To me this comes across as you not realizing it was available on PC in Sept.

This is why I answered saying it was a Epic store exclusive ( release on Epic was sept 2019 )My bad if I didn’t understand your question.

I was making a joke

DESTROYA

tkrHidc.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
game is so dirt cheap on consoles..
that i will only get this with all dlc max 40 bucks

I was excited for the game until it reached Epic Store and even then I said I'll wait since it looks good but sadly me and my friends don't have time to replay to get to the harder difficulties and the fact that after many complaints they still stuck with that old ass replay to get to tvhm which some looter games have is pissing me off. I'll probably skip this one. Stop forcing me to replay games to get to harder difficulties, jesus fuck.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I might pick it up when it's like $20 or less. I really enjoy the gameplay of Borderlands, but I can't stand the setting, characters, and dialogue for the most part. It's just so stupidly obnoxious.

drganon

I might pick it up when it's like $20 or less. I really enjoy the gameplay of Borderlands, but I can't stand the setting, characters, and dialogue for the most part. It's just so stupidly obnoxious.
Same here. Unfortunately on your first playthrough you cant skip the intro cutscene or any cutscene after. I played the ps4 version so I had to suffer through the cringe. Hopefully there is some mod out there or something for the pc so you dont have to suffer like I did through the god awful story, characters and dialogue.

Holammer

Price for the Steam launch is 50% off. Grabbed the Super Deluxe Edition myself.
Game is unsurprisingly the Global Top Seller right now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Man these BANDITS are SHOOTING at ME? Can you believe this? What luck do I have in general with these bandits and OOOOOOOH A MIDGET BANDIT! He is trying to shoot me with a SHHHHHOOOOOOTGUN but it is far too heavy for this MIDGET BANDIT so he just flies back! H I L A R I O U S! It reminds of that time in Tijuana when I used to go to score DMT. Have I told you about DMT? I heard it was life changing in a podcast! Yeah I'm referencing a trendy thing. Ya youths love trendy shit don't you? LISTEN! I am not evil or anything but these guys just KEEP SHOOTING ME and I am forced to fight back haha. YA BASTARDS LIKE GUNS? Mine goes bbbbbbraaaap ratat tat motherfuckers! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

13985.jpg

Spukc

Man these BANDITS are SHOOTING at ME? Can you believe this? What luck do I have in general with these bandits and OOOOOOOH A MIDGET BANDIT! He is trying to shoot me with a SHHHHHOOOOOOTGUN but it is far too heavy for this MIDGET BANDIT so he just flies back! H I L A R I O U S! It reminds of that time in Tijuana when I used to go to score DMT. Have I told you about DMT? I heard it was life changing in a podcast! Yeah I'm referencing a trendy thing. Ya youths love trendy shit don't you? LISTEN! I am not evil or anything but these guys just KEEP SHOOTING ME and I am forced to fight back haha. YA BASTARDS LIKE GUNS? Mine goes bbbbbbraaaap ratat tat motherfuckers! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

13985.jpg
Dude fuck this game srsly.
I won't come back to this game until i can skip the cutscenes.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Dude fuck this game srsly.
I won't come back to this game until i can skip the cutscenes.
  • Dr Autohn: “The voice modulator may cause some pain over the next two or three, uh, decades.” Jack Double: “My --- eughhh, guhh… contract’ll be up by then! I gotta talk like Jack for the next thirty years?!” Dr Autohn: “Say something charming. I need to test the modulator’s range.” Jack Double: “Hi. I’m Jack. You’re… um… pretty.” Dr Autohn: “Atrocious! Work on your delivery during the shuttle ride.” Jack Double: “Uh, what now?” Dr Autohn: “Your presence has been requested on the moon.”

qJwZ3dJ.png

Spukc

• Dr Autohn: “The voice modulator may cause some pain over the next two or three, uh, decades.” Jack Double: “My --- eughhh, guhh… contract’ll be up by then! I gotta talk like Jack for the next thirty years?!” Dr Autohn: “Say something charming. I need to test the modulator’s range.” Jack Double: “Hi. I’m Jack. You’re… um… pretty.” Dr Autohn: “Atrocious! Work on your delivery during the shuttle ride.” Jack Double: “Uh, what now?” Dr Autohn: “Your presence has been requested on the moon.”

qJwZ3dJ.png
My experience with this game was basically a fucking shit podcast stuck on auto. There was always someone talking

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My experience with this game was basically a fucking shit podcast stuck on auto. There was always someone talking
It is annoying when you already hear voices in your head yes?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nice, I’m really glad I waited and didn’t buy the EGS version just to have it early. I’m also glad they’re not trying to charge us full price. I bought the base game for now. The first dlc looks awesome, the second dlc doesn’t interest me at all, and I don’t know anything about the other two so I’ll hold off on dlc for now.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

So I thought I'd put this here because some may not have been following the game or just left for a while ..

1. Cross play with Epic is in at launch (at least that's what they said ) Cross play with consoles was mentioned in a FAQ and they answered not at this time. So hopefully they are still looking into it

2.They said skippable cutscenes was added with the last patch but since I've finished with the story and rather give a blowjob to Rosie O'donnell after the gym than go through it again I have not tested it . The cutscenes being a problem is a bit of a misnomer though as there is about 20 (?) mins or so of them in the game including the lengthy intro and ending with most being a few seconds long to introduce a character,planet or something . It's the forced dialogue where they lock you in a room or withhold a checkpoint or something to turn in/collect to actually advance . This is going to drive you NUTS! First playthrough ...annoying . Second playthrough and beyond ...you're gonna wanna stick a foot long Q tip in your ear

3. I hope you like talking to Lilith.

4.They put the fast travel entry point on the exact opposite side of where Lilith is

5. If you payed full price for this game you kinda got taken. I don't know if this is good or bad but this game has been on sale pretty much since release last Sept. (since before actually if you pre ordered) It's been 50% off since like late DEC. I'm not sure what's going on with that but hey cheap games are good.

Ichabod

Banned
Aw man, I've been waiting for the steam release but the new PoE season drops that same day plus I'm also juggling Division 2's expac/first season and Grim Dawn. Probably gonna wait for a steeper sale.

Holammer

Nice, I’m really glad I waited and didn’t buy the EGS version just to have it early. I’m also glad they’re not trying to charge us full price. I bought the base game for now. The first dlc looks awesome, the second dlc doesn’t interest me at all, and I don’t know anything about the other two so I’ll hold off on dlc for now.

IMO, lots of Borderlands DLC are absolutely brilliant, even legendary (from a narrative perspective), like:
The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Claptastic Voyage

I feel safe getting the season pass right away. They haven't failed me yet.

IMO, lots of Borderlands DLC are absolutely brilliant, even legendary (from a narrative perspective), like:
The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Claptastic Voyage

I feel safe getting the season pass right away. They haven't failed me yet.

As someone who completely agrees with you about those DLC campaigns, brace yourself for a massive disappointment when it comes to this game's writing. The person who wrote those campaigns has nothing to do with Borderlands 3. There's "not as good as it used to be" and then there's "actively makes me hate the campaign." Sadly, this is the latter. Not all of it is horrible, but the bad parts are unbelievably "how could they have even green lit this" bad. Maybe you'll feel otherwise, but lower your expectations, and I'd hold off on the season pass until you finish the campaign. Decide for yourself.

The gameplay is great, though. Better than ever.

Spukc

So I thought I'd put this here because some may not have been following the game or just left for a while ..

1. Cross play with Epic is in at launch (at least that's what they said ) Cross play with consoles was mentioned in a FAQ and they answered not at this time. So hopefully they are still looking into it

2.They said skippable cutscenes was added with the last patch but since I've finished with the story and rather give a blowjob to Rosie O'donnell after the gym than go through it again I have not tested it . The cutscenes being a problem is a bit of a misnomer though as there is about 20 (?) mins or so of them in the game including the lengthy intro and ending with most being a few seconds long to introduce a character,planet or something . It's the forced dialogue where they lock you in a room or withhold a checkpoint or something to turn in/collect to actually advance . This is going to drive you NUTS! First playthrough ...annoying . Second playthrough and beyond ...you're gonna wanna stick a foot long Q tip in your ear

3. I hope you like talking to Lilith.

4.They put the fast travel entry point on the exact opposite side of where Lilith is

5. If you payed full price for this game you kinda got taken. I don't know if this is good or bad but this game has been on sale pretty much since release last Sept. (since before actually if you pre ordered) It's been 50% off since like late DEC. I'm not sure what's going on with that but hey cheap games are good.

is this FOR REAL ? that means i could play the xbox one x version again that fucking story man

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

is this FOR REAL ? that means i could play the xbox one x version again that fucking story man
Yes. Like I said I haven't tested it myself but it was released with the Valentines event . I haven't seen anyone complaining that it doesn't work so ..I guess it does?

Spukc

Yes. Like I said I haven't tested it myself but it was released with the Valentines event . I haven't seen anyone complaining that it doesn't work so ..I guess it does?

found the source i really hope for the new people that you don't have to finish the game once for this to work. Yes it's that bad

Stuart360

Ignoring the whole EPIC scummery, and the fact that IMO the game blows, how anyone could buy a Gearbox game knowing its supporting sleazeball Pitchford, well all the power to ya.

Ignoring the whole EPIC scummery, and the fact that IMO the game blows, how anyone could buy a Gearbox game knowing its supporting sleazeball Pitchford, well all the power to ya.

I'm pretty sure he's not the only person working for Gearbox, and some people really enjoy Borderlands.

Top Bottom