• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 officially announced

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
1553800165-sans-titre.png

The classes:
A siren (specialized in melee)
Moze, The Bot Jock (a soldier who can summon a mecha)
Zane, The Operative (an assassin with many gadgets)
Flak, The Beastmaster (a robot able to appeal to various critters)

The Children of the Vault seems to be the baddies and the game take place (at least in part) on Planet Promethea (where the Atlas Corporation manufactured weapons from alien technology).

From the trailer on Youtube:
1553801587-1.png
1553801589-2.png
1553801590-3.png
1553801594-4.png
1553801596-5.png
1553801598-6.png
1553801640-7.png
1553801645-9.png

Last edited:

Zimmy68

I'm still buying day one, but...
I'm not seeing the generational leap that I expected. It looks like BL2 with better shading.

Also, did they announce the price for BL1?
I'd expect under $30 but this is the same d-bag that charged $60 for Bulletstorm.

-MD-

Hopefully it runs better than Borderlands 2 on PC.

Was replaying it last night and it is rough, even on a 1070ti 8700k

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Interesting how they introduced the characters from Tales into the mainline series. The game, graphically, looks incredibly lackluster. Looks like a late game PS3/360 to launch Xbox One/PS4 game.

CatCouch

Looks great. Pretty much everything I saw has me excited!

I think I'll play through all the Borderlands games this year while I wait. I never finished TPS and I never started Tales From the Borderlands.

Xenon

I got bored of the first one pretty quick. Never touched the second. This isnt selling me at all.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Anyone watch the steam, my god the lag issues were really annoying :messenger_pensive:

These things happen but overall IMO show was far too long but Borderlands 3 looks amazing

Dthomp

Over 1 billion guns? Looks over at my Destiny 2...like 200 guns....8 that are actually usable. Date please!

Holammer

Stream was a dumpster fire, but the game looks awesome and the antagonists have a certain Dragon Ball quality to them.
... now, which platform is it on for PC? Spit it out!

Mista

Banned
Day fucking ZERO! Even though the studio isn’t the same as many have left but I’m still optimistic!

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Ugh, oh shit... here we go with the bullshit...

Borderlands 1 is retail exclusive to gamestop...

Which means in the uk, you can guess which shite hole of a retail store that rhymes with “shame” will likely get it...

UgH...

Codes 208

Stream was a dumpster fire, but the game looks awesome and the antagonists have a certain Dragon Ball quality to them.
... now, which platform is it on for PC? Spit it out!
I can kind of see that, but then again the funimation cast may have something to do with that for me.

They kind of remind me of edgier androids 17 and 18

I actually stopped playing Borderlands 2 midway through because I got distracted with other games. By the time I came back to it, I was confused as to what the story was.. I should probably play through it at least once. I don't even own pre-sequel.

Codes 208

I actually stopped playing Borderlands 2 midway through because I got distracted with other games. By the time I came back to it, I was confused as to what the story was.. I should probably play through it at least once. I don't even own pre-sequel.
Pre-sequel, while not horrible, is mediocre and felt more like piggy-backing off the success of bl2.

Romulus

The gameplay in the trailer didn't do anything for me and I'm a huge fan of the series. I felt the characters and environments looked very uninspired. I have my doubts this will measure up to BL2, but hopefully it was just a bad trailer.

Oh and the presentation of the conference? Easily the worst I've ever seen in decades.

Cool that BL2 VR is getting all the DLC, playing that game in VR with the AIM controller is the definitive way by far, even solo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom