• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 |OT| Vault Hunter, Welcome Back To The Borderlands

joe_zazen

.damn i wish i didn't burn out replaying 1&2, but i am going to need a refractory year before playing 3. Glad to hear ppl like it.

Duallusion

Ability to fast travel to vehicle/certain points from anywhere alone makes BL2 a relic of the past, never mind all the other (QoL) improvements across the board :messenger_smiling_hearts: .

Map could use some work tho'... It's a bit sluggish (menus in general) and you can't switch between missions while checking it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Gearbox has never been known for their technical expertise, and from the sounds of it, this game continues that tradition. Doubt they’ll patch or fix it, either. Gearbox gives zero fucks 😂

Gediminas

Banned
I definitely recommend Performance over resolution for those on a PS4 Pro or XB1X. I'm three hours in and the game feels great. Gunplay is vastly improved over Borderlands 2.
i am playing on Pro, resolution is just unplayable, lag straight away, resolution is much better, but that's because i am playing with Xim4? not sure, but it is really bad on resolution, 20fps bad.

Have there been any videos released analyzing console framerates? Not sure which system I wanna pick this up on..

I'm playing on X1X and its totally fine. If you want a locked 60 FPS then get it on PC but if you aren't over sensitive than X or Pro should be fine. I'd suggest playing on performance mode over resolution mode personally.

Time to start this up I think I'm gonna go with the mecha chick for the burst dmg, I'm still knee deep in Gears 5 tho and have only done the prologue in Astral Chain. :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

Hopefully the PC version is decent.

Well then you got Epic..no cloud saves..no achievements.

Cloud saves got implemented a while back ago last update but still no cheevos.

chaseroni

I'm playing on X1X and its totally fine. If you want a locked 60 FPS then get it on PC but if you aren't over sensitive than X or Pro should be fine. I'd suggest playing on performance mode over resolution mode personally.

I'd love to grab it on X1X as long as the framerate is decent. I have a freesync TV so dips down to 47 fps are fine but anything lower and it doesn't get synced

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to grab it on X1X as long as the framerate is decent. I have a freesync TV so dips down to 47 fps are fine but anything lower and it doesn't get synced
Considering how meh the game looks (nearly identical to BL2) I don't get why this doesn't run on 60fps.

Caffeine

pc version i got some wierd stutters going on every few mins and the game is using my whole upload speed while playing.

Tygeezy

Its kind of lame how they don't allow 120 hz 1440p or 1080p as an option for consoles. At 60 hz your range is 48-60 hz. Your tv is capable of 48-120 hz which then allows low framerate compensation.

bronk

Banned
What the fuck man? I start Borderlands 3 it stays stuck on first screen and it shuts off my system. It's done it twice now. PS4 pro here. This has never happened to me before with any game.

What the fuck man? I start Borderlands 3 it stays stuck on first screen and it shuts off my system. It's done it twice now. PS4 pro here. This has never happened to me before with any game.

I had a hard crash on my X1X last night when I tried to use the social menu to join my friend. It completely shut down the console. I haven't tried to join him again due to work but hard crashes always scare the shit out of me! Hopefully they get these issues patched out quickly.

Tygeezy

Xbox 1 X DOES support 1440p @ 120hz!!!
I dont think it allows freesync to operate above 60 hz though I remember reading. It effectively leaves a range of 49-59 fps. Once you bump into the ceiling or floor it either tears or is forced to use vsync. In the case of the floor if you go below it with LFC it will double the refreshrate, so 47 fps is synced at 94 hz.

chaseroni

I dont think it allows freesync to operate above 60 hz though I remember reading. It effectively leaves a range of 49-59 fps. Once you bump into the ceiling or floor it either tears or is forced to use vsync. In the case of the floor if you go below it with LFC it will double the refreshrate, so 47 fps is synced at 94 hz.

But wouldn't the game itself need to go over 60fps in the first place? I don't know of any Xbox titles that can..

whyman

Damn this game runs bad on PC. Cant get rid of the stutters. Also framerate is bad even on lower settings with a 1060. Too bad, game seems fun.

Game looks great but runs like shit. 1080 ti here. Lowered everything to medium to see if it could keep a steady frame rate above 100. Nope.

To be honest i'm kind of bored already. I don't care about the story and the gameplay isn't all that hot. Maybe Zane just isn't cool to play?

change controls. there are two variants.

"Classic". Thank you

But then i lose the ping command.

mikemandey

Can anyone screenshot the inventory UI? Also, how many weapons equippable?

4 weapons after upgrade

4SIkyHB.jpg

Reactions: Fuz

Mass Shift

That golden chest in the Sanctuary III finaly made me sign up at vip.borderlands and I spent half an hour amassing 20k+ points (most of which I got from https://mentalmars.com/game-news/become-a-borderlands-vip) only to realise we can't buy gold keys for B3 yet. :messenger_crying:

If a regular trash-tier Jakob handgun is so much fun to use, I can only imagine how much fun some of the legendaries are gonna be. :messenger_smirking:
I
it's the stats, and sometimes BL2 would give me a trash weapon with phenomenal stats and multipliers.

But I agree, BL3's guns are FUN to use.

Top Bottom