• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 |OT| Vault Hunter, Welcome Back To The Borderlands

mikemandey

So I found that sometimes green weapons in this game work better and more reliable than the higher rarity ones, depending on your build and play style.

My Zane is currently lvl 20 and still using this one as my main weapon.

High damage. Check.
Large magazine size. Check.
Decent fire rate. Check.
Decent reload time. Check
Easy to aim for mid range. Check

5wXzVf3.jpg

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
So I found that sometimes green weapons in this game work better and more reliable than the higher rarity ones, depending on your build and play style.

High damage. Check.
Decent fire rate. Check.

5wXzVf3.jpg
I noticed that too. I’ve got more reliable uncommons than useless rares and epics

It’s not like they’re dropping for me anyways🤷🏻‍♂️

High damage. Check.
Decent fire rate. Check.

5wXzVf3.jpg
I noticed that non elemental weapons are more reliable.

MastAndo

The game is so much fun, but I'm kind of stuck in optimization hell right now. I'm constantly trying to adjust settings to get rid of the stuttering since it's really distracting - even more so when I'm looking for it. I got it to a point where my benchmark is pushing 100 fps (I'm on a 60 Hz TV), but it still drops below 60 during gameplay/combat far more than I would like. DX12 is surprisingly a 20+ fps improvement, but the game takes an eternity to load, so that's a no go.

I'm going to try and just leave it as is, and deal with it, since I'm having a lot of fun with it otherwise.

INC

Lvl 30 Zane, best advice,
hyperion shotgun with explosive reload, its basically endless grenades
Hyperion smg with turret reload, for harassing enemies
Jacobs revolver and AR, high damage

The damage output is insane, got most purple or legendary
Purple shield with cround barrier

Combine with zanes alt shield and drone, theres not much u cant handle single handed

This game is 10x better with 4 of u tho, much harder encounters

Iorv3th

Well played a few hours and what is going on with this game? It's so much worse than BL1 or BL2. The framerate is absolutely shit and im playing on a pro with performance mode. The enemies are non existant. Guns all feel terrible. It's like the engine isn't optomized or something and it makes the game feel bad. I played a lot of the first 2 games and even pre sequel but this feels so bad compared to those games. The pace is super slow as well. I can't believe how few enemies or worthwhile areas there are at the beginning area I have played so far.

Have no idea how this game reviewed so well. There are some serious glaring flaws. Menus? Forget about it, it takes an hour to load them up and the framerate drops super low to use them.

It feels like a fan made game in the unity engine.

Last edited:
True, I forgot about that.
Not really, It uses 10 eridium for ammo. So you would need to farm that instead of looping the maps and opening chests ... that is faster to earn "inf money"
All of this doesn't mean much really, its an end of game gimmick weapon.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Have no idea how this game reviewed so well. There are some serious glaring flaws. Menus? Forget about it, it takes an hour to load them up and the framerate drops super low to use them.

It reviewed well because games media is bullshit and can't be trusted. They haven't been trust worthy for 15+ years now. Look at the NBA 2K20 reviews too.

Romulus

Seems like Gearbox knew this was true, they purposely kept the game out of certain reviewers hands, like DF.

sixamp

im enjoying the game but wow does the PC version run like crap. i get 120-140 fps generally with everything on high but once i scope i lose 40-50 frames and it gets all laggy. even walking sometimes will cause massing fps drops with nothing going on

MastAndo

im enjoying the game but wow does the PC version run like crap. i get 120-140 fps generally with everything on high but once i scope i lose 40-50 frames and it gets all laggy. even walking sometimes will cause massing fps drops with nothing going on
Yeah, there's no definitive rhyme or reason to it. While stuff like ADS makes it happen, it happens at random times as well. That, on top of the fact that those who did have early review copies don't seem to mention any significant performance issues, even those who didn't care for it, like PC Gamer.

I had read reviewers were playing an earlier build, and I wonder if this issue is related to Denovo in the final retail version. It wouldn't be the first time...

cryogenic7

High damage. Check.
Decent fire rate. Check.

5wXzVf3.jpg
Yep. You are making a mistake if you don't test out Green and above guns, as long as their item score is good. Legendary or purple just mean rare, they DON'T necessarily mean better.

cryogenic7

I'm sure they'll fix that. I'm not experiencing that issue on any of my PC's.

FMXVII

Level 16, and 3 Legs thus far.

I got a:

Big Boom Blaster (shield... I know, right?)

An EMP (grenade)

And a stupid pistol named either Endless or Unending or something... it spit out the entire clip in like under a second... not exactly infinite.

These were on Zane of all people, sadly. :(

Well played a few hours and what is going on with this game? It's so much worse than BL1 or BL2. The framerate is absolutely shit and im playing on a pro with performance mode. The enemies are non existant. Guns all feel terrible. It's like the engine isn't optomized or something and it makes the game feel bad. I played a lot of the first 2 games and even pre sequel but this feels so bad compared to those games. The pace is super slow as well. I can't believe how few enemies or worthwhile areas there are at the beginning area I have played so far.

So... Don’t buy Borderlands 3?!

So... Don’t buy Borderlands 3?!

Oh, screw that. I think the only reason there's so much negativity about the game is because all the people enjoying it are too busy playing it. It's been hard for me to put down. I'm playing on a standard PS4, and the game runs about as well as Borderlands 2 did on Xbox 360.

Yes, it's 30fps. Yes, it does dip below that. Yes, it's still loads of fun and well worth playing. The game has more detail than Borderlands 2 did, so you can't expect it to run as well as the handsome collection.

You can blame Gearbox for this if you want, but the reality is these consoles are just being asked to do too much right now. I'm also not going to look at the new Gears of War side by side with the new Borderlands, like I'm even close to understanding the similarities and differences between the calculations and system use being asked of two completely different games.

Mista

Banned
Not really, It uses 10 eridium for ammo. So you would need to farm that instead of looping the maps and opening chests ... that is faster to earn "inf money"
All of this doesn't mean much really, its an end of game gimmick weapon.
You’re absolutely right. I forgot that it needs 10E everytime

MMaRsu

Banned
You can blame Gearbox for this if you want, but the reality is these consoles are just being asked to do too much right now..

Ugh get outta here with this fucking bullshit. If you can't optimize your game for a closed system then you fucked up somewhere.

Blame this on consoles all you want, people with some modicum of technical knowhow will be able to tell you you are full of shit.

Gearbox is the ONLY ONE to blame for the horrible fps/framepacing issues. They are the only ones who can fix it, not Sony or Microsoft.

It's perfectly fine to enjoy the game, but to place the horrible performance on the consoles it runs on.. oh man 😂

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I had a grenade that forced enemies to drop money.

But now i got a legendary grenade.

Oof. I was finally making some money for my sdu's

This game 🥳😍🥳

Iorv3th

Oh, screw that. I think the only reason there's so much negativity about the game is because all the people enjoying it are too busy playing it. It's been hard for me to put down. I'm playing on a standard PS4, and the game runs about as well as Borderlands 2 did on Xbox 360.

Yes, it's 30fps. Yes, it does dip below that. Yes, it's still loads of fun and well worth playing. The game has more detail than Borderlands 2 did, so you can't expect it to run as well as the handsome collection.

You can blame Gearbox for this if you want, but the reality is these consoles are just being asked to do too much right now. I'm also not going to look at the new Gears of War side by side with the new Borderlands, like I'm even close to understanding the similarities and differences between the calculations and system use being asked of two completely different games.

What? I played BL2 on 360 originally and played through the game with every character. BL3 does not feel close to being the same performance wise. You might be enjoying the game but that is a completely dishonest comparison.

Granted I just got to the ship so maybe the 2nd world is going to perform better and have more stuff to do.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
Game is alot of fun huge Borderlands fan here. Gotta be honest though.... Menus including map and Shop Menus are pure shit. They tried too hard to make it look cool instead of functional.

Se_7_eN

Is anyone else having trouble hearing the radio? If I stand right beside it, I can barely hear it...

Loving Borderlands 3, best Borderlands since 1 IMO.

Top Bottom