• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borders - 40% Off One Item Coupon. Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Overlooked the Borders Rewards email, coupon expires tomorrow. Not too shabby, figured I would treat myself to an early Christmas gift of an overpriced graphic novel or possibly Blu Ray set or something I normally wouldn't purchase at regular cost.

Give me some recommendations of items that have just come out or I may have just not heard of.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I thought you were posting a 40% off coupon. Fuck yoo.

KR3W

Banned
Borders is way too expensive. Even if you have a 40% off coupon, it would still be too overpriced.

neight

Banned
If you don't know what to spend your money on just give me the coupon please. I do know what I want to buy.

demon

KR3W said:
Borders is way too expensive. Even if you have a 40% off coupon, it would still be too overpriced.
So true. I remember going to borders a couple years ago with a 40 or 50% off coupon and ended up getting the Dawn of the Dead (original) DVD set with the three versions of the movie or whatever, and when I got home I checked online and realized I still could have gotten it for even less online. Borders sucks shit for music and movies.

KR3W said:

You sure about that? My wife and I used a 40% off coupon to get Planet Earth on blu-ray for $59 bucks...

demon

CajoleJuice said:
I just got Planet Earth on Blu-ray for like $40 a few weeks ago online.
emeril.jpg

Bam

Knew I wasn't crazy.

Ceres

Banned
demon said:
So true. I remember going to borders a couple years ago with a 40 or 50% off coupon and ended up getting the Dawn of the Dead (original) DVD set with the three versions of the movie or whatever, and when I got home I checked online and realized I still could have gotten it for even less online. Borders sucks shit for music and movies.

The problem is that the coupon is off the MSRP and not the regular Borders price. With a number of items, that makes it not that useful on DVDs/Blu-Rays but it's still a good value if you actually pick up a book.

Sanjuro

Didn't mean to be a dick, it's not like I'm in an exclusive club. If anyone wants it is on the front page of Slickdeals for the daily deals.

Border's prices aren't bad at all, I mean your always going to find something cheaper if you hunt but on an average they are decently prices.

Sanjuro

This is missing the point of the thread. I'm sure I can find several things cheaper else where, but if I pick up a book that is $30 at all of the local shops including Borders and use a 40% coupon, I win.

I have a new plaza near me. i would very much just like to go tomorrow morning. Get a burger or something and look around the store for some comic book. I was just looking for some suggestions.

Sanjuro

CajoleJuice said:
I know you like baseball

bjnhba.jpg

(I actually bought this with a 40% Borders coupon of my own)
That actually sounds pretty awesome. I've been looking for something along the same lines as this for some time now.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
That actually sounds pretty awesome. I've been looking for something along the same lines as this for some time now.
I'm reading through it now, it's so awesome. He goes through every decade of baseball history detailing the important stuff, and even some of the more interesting little tidbits. Then he ranks players at every position 1-100, and even goes in-depth about how he developed his win shares system (even though I'm sure he has refined it since then). It should be required reading for every baseball fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom