• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston alt-right rally attracts 20 people, counter-protest estimated at 15,000

zelas

sgeXxJ8.jpg

Lol

Wait, was this an alt right protest? I saw images of the protesters and some were Blm and anti Monsanto among the 20.

Fake image?

bgbball31

Wait, was this an alt right protest? I saw images of the protesters and some were Blm and anti Monsanto among the 20.

Fake image?

AFAIK, not a single neo-nazi, KKK, white supremacist showed up at the rally. People just thought that they were going to be there and showed up to protest. I have no problem with 40k people showing up at just the thought of Nazi's being there. The 27 arrested not withstanding.

Joe

AFAIK, not a single neo-nazi, KKK, white supremacist showed up at the rally. People just thought that they were going to be there and showed up to protest. I have no problem with 40k people showing up at just the thought of Nazi's being there. The 27 arrested not withstanding.
Just remember that after Charlottesville, many alt-right white-nationalists have adamantly stated that they need to clean up their image. They know that just the sight of a single swastika automatically puts them in the losing position and hurts their appeal to "normies".

RS4-

Some photos here: http://imgur.com/a/ZNBBy

Favorites (right click, view new tab for larger):

Great rally against hate and ignorance. Not much to shoot but a bunch of Bostonians and visitors from all walks of life coming together to preach against hate and bigotry.

Proud of this city. #BostonStrong

lol the brady jersey. Surprised he isn't there himself with the ownership.

Fake image?
It was an alt-right protest, or "alt-light" I believe they call themselves.

The crackpot (seriously, he's nuts) Shiva Ayyadurai was there, and the BLM and anti-GMO signs were from him. He's running as a Republican for the MA Senate and got endorsed by Curt Schilling, so....

zfQv3rQ.jpg

So was this just an epic troll?

ATF487

JLLhBYL.jpg

Great rally against hate and ignorance. Not much to shoot but a bunch of Bostonians and visitors from all walks of life coming together to preach against hate and bigotry.

Proud of this city. #BostonStrong
Favorites (right click, view new tab for

KEYTAR BEAR RULES

I went to this, was nice to see such a big, positive response.

From today, from "free speech" side:
DHm8CWxVoAA8C4K.jpg
Funny thing about this guy (Shiva Ayyadurai) being at a "free speech" rally is he's primarily known for being extraordinarily litigious, suing Gawker, Techdirt, and others for (correctly) reporting that he didn't actually invent email. He was at this rally talking about how if people call you a nazi or a white supremacist, it's libel or slander and you can sue them.

Top Bottom