• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boston Dynamics introduces 'Handle' Robot: carries crates, does sweet jumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
we are close

117e3a113eb10353982e63ea8862bba5.jpg

Imagine what would happen if Amazon bought out Boston Dynamics....

amazon-drone-crash.png

+

7196720-3x2-940x627.jpg

+

giphy__5_.gif

Google's looking to sell this company, Amazon would have a full on robot army in the making... which would be kinda frightening.

Xe4

Banned
Awesome, I love Boston Dynamics Videos. Not the same without robots eating shit, though, lol.

We are getting ever closer to the reality of slam dunk bots.

Imagine what would happen if Amazon bought out Boston Dynamics....

amazon-drone-crash.png

+

7196720-3x2-940x627.jpg

+

giphy__5_.gif

Google's looking to sell this company, Amazon would have a full on robot army in the making... which would be kinda frightening.

Fuckin' delivery robots running packages around cities like Mirror's Edge.

As cool as their robotics technology is, have they ever been actually applied anywhere? It seems like I have been seeing clips of their tech for years, but never anything in practical use.

As cool as their robotics technology is, have they ever been actually applied anywhere? It seems like I have been seeing clips of their tech for years, but never anything in practical use.

Well, right now Alphabet (Google wasn't good enough?) are looking to sell Boston Dynamics off to another company. So Boston Dynamics are "whoring" themselves out by showing what they can make. These robots are designed to appeal to companies like Amazon... or Microsoft... or some foreign company... little frightening really.

-Silver-

This actually looks like a robot that could replace half the people in McDonald's in a few years. The future is closer than I expected.

Wait I thought Google already sold them to someone else. But it says there was reports about it in May 2016 and nothing since. So I am hoping it didn't go through. I for one, want my alphabet overlords to keep the cool robot technology.

Wait I thought Google already sold them to someone else. But it says there was reports about it in May 2016. So I am hoping it didn't go through. I for once want my alphabet overlords to keep the cool robot technology.

Maybe you're right? but I thought they were still in the 'suiter' stage?

Korey

No. That's why Google's trying to sell them. No practical applications yet.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
A robot can now use virtual reality to perform actions in a recreated 3D environment of what it is seeing, to figure out the best way to carry out a task, then carry it out real.

Yep, robots can now use their imagination, intuition, to figure out solutions to problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom