• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Box art for Mario Party: Star Rush comes from a previous Nintendo product...

maxcriden

spaghettios_can_mario_party_star_rush_box_art_2.jpg

http://nintendonews.com/news/3ds/spaghettios-mario-party-star-rush-box-art/
http://gonintendo.com/stories/259569-random-time-mario-party-star-rush-boxart-comes-from-a-spaghet

Peach's agent confirmed she did not agree to the SpaghettiOs® appearance being used for future games. The Princess's lawyer, Purple Yoshi, noted they will pursue an out of court settlement with ND Cube, which they "expect to be completed prior to the game's release date."* Our representatives reached out to Mario and Luigi, but we could not get a clear comment beyond "Yip-ee" and "Wah, hah-hoo!" and whenever we tried to ask further, giant text informing us "Shine Get" appeared and impeded our progress. When we tried to approach a Red Toad (unsure if this was the Toad on the cover, because Toads are notoriously difficult to tell apart), Mario appeared from nowhere, bopped off the Toad's head, and as he let out a chirpy "AWH NOO," we figured it best to leave it alone.

*translated from Yoshi-ese by our esteemed Interpreter Friendly Floyd

(Speaking of which, what are you favorite video game food products?)

Jeffrey

Is that the official box art and not placeholder? The checkered background looks like you have some layers hidden in photoshop.

DrArchon

Considering the "background" of the boxart, I'm going to assume this isn't final. If it is then that's utterly shameful, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Not to mention there are subtle differences with it aside from Toad's vest color. These are likely stock renders from Nintendo (they have a TON, I'm sure) and they threw them together in a typical fashion per their style guide.

That and this is still RP boxart, so it might not be final.

Also:

When we tried to approach a Red Toad (unsure if this was the Toad on the cover, because Toads are notoriously difficult to tell apart), Mario appeared from nowhere, bopped off the Toad's head, and as he let out a chirpy "AWH NOO," we figured it best to leave it alone.

*translated from Yoshi-ese by our esteemed Interpreter Friendly Floyd

(Speaking of which, what are you favorite video game food products?)

Fake reporter is racist confirmed!

Chittagong

Gold Member
I don't understand why new Mario box arts always look like they are on a transparent Photoshop layer. Layers > Flatten image goddammit

Geg

Is that the official box art and not placeholder? The checkered background looks like you have some layers hidden in photoshop.

Most recent Mario games have that for some reason. 3D World does and I think Captain Toad does too

DarkKyo

I'm a bit exhausted by the current Mario art style. We've been looking at the same style of character render for yeeeaaaarss now and it's become so bleh and vanilla. The thing is I can't see it ever evolving again. It's not even the best style(my vote goes to Super Mario World era art) so it's unfortunate we have to look at this rendition of Mario for years to come. For how popular and successful Mario is, their marketing art sure is bland.

Say what you want about Sonic games but at least he goes through different art styles and concept revamps quite often.

maxcriden

Not to mention there are subtle differences with it aside from Toad's vest color. These are likely stock renders from Nintendo (they have a TON, I'm sure) and they threw them together in a typical fashion per their style guide.

That and this is still RP boxart, so it might not be final.

Fake reporter is racist confirmed!

Honestly, I don't think this reporter is racist.

Mona_prologue_WarioWare_Touched.png

http://www.mariowiki.com/Reporter_Ken

It's just hard for him because he can't see colors well.

Honestly, I don't think this reporter is racist.

Mona_prologue_WarioWare_Touched.png

http://www.mariowiki.com/Reporter_Ken

It's just hard for him because he can't see colors well.

I also realized it was a translation. So... Purple Yoshis are racist? Or at least that one is. I mean, Toads are easy enough to tell apart form their vests, the pattern of their dots, the tonal changes in their voices, the game they happen to be appearing in in place of a more deserving character that everyone would rather use...

maxcriden

I also realized it was a translation. So... Purple Yoshis are racist? Or at least that one is. I mean, Toads are easy enough to tell apart form their vests, the pattern of their dots, the tonal changes in their voices, the game they happen to be appearing in in place of a more deserving character that everyone would rather use...

You got me to legit LOL at work :)

I don't think Purple Yoshi in this case is racist. I mean as a lawyer it would be in his best interest to seek all possible plaintiffs. Presumably identifying Toads is a bit more complicated than the criteria you mentioned, simply because there are so many Toads with the same vest, same dot pattern, same voices, and that appear in games in which they so richly deserve to be in. :p

You got me to legit LOL at work :)

I don't think Purple Yoshi in this case is racist. I mean as a lawyer it would be in his best interest to seek all possible plaintiffs. Presumably identifying Toads is a bit more complicated than the criteria you mentioned, simply because there are so many Toads with the same vest, same dot pattern, same voices, and that appear in games in which they so richly deserve to be in. :p

Toads don't deserve to be playable in just about anything. They're a mistake. Nothing but trash.

Mario Party continuing to prove it's one of the laziest series in gaming. (I guess the last one was fairly different to be fair. It was just plain garbage though.)

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I noticed.

That render of Peach is old and has been used elsewhere before, not just with that spaghetti.

Top Bottom