• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Boxing Thread

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Great thread. Adding a plug for Teddy Atlas channel. Some people like him some hate him but the fact is Teddy knows boxing. He knows it upside down and inside out. Real talk here he talks about Olympic competitors and how they're robbed. Watch it in it's entirety to get a sense of what it means to be passionate about boxing and it's future.

video credit "THE FIGHT with Teddy Atlas", August 5 2021

Last edited:

Bullet Club

zyvAaaO.jpg

Woodley said he thought that was enough for a knockdown, and that he did enough to win the fight, calling for an immediate rematch.

"Of course I want a rematch," he said.

"I hit him, the ropes held him up, I landed more power shots, when he threw the shots they were hitting my glove."

carlosrox

Banned
Was there no dedicated thread for this fight?

lol there is no way Paul won that fucking fight. Dude was running the entire time, gassing out, and all but got knocked down. Woodley was barely winded.

No way that pussy Paul is gonna give him that rematch cuz everybody knows Woodley wouldn't fuck around at all the next time.

I do blame Woodley for not going for the finish when he had the chance but maybe he was just really scared of making a mistake and actually losing.

Either way, Jake Paul did not win anything in that fight.

Last edited:

mekes

Same old Tyron, but now boxing in a boxing ring like he is trying to win a UFC fight scoring points for octagon control. Scared to make the first move. Close the distance, defend yourself and try to score a counter punch and think you are winning the rounds. Paul is a poor boxer and mostly spent the fight hitting Woodleys gloves or missing, bar a couple of jabs. But I can see why they gave the W to Paul. It was just a rubbish fight.

I get why these things draw interest. You can watch 2 shit guys fight each other and as long as they go for it, it can be hugely entertaining. UFC found that out in TUF season 1. But this was not good. And in a way, the better Paul gets, and he is getting a bit better each time so props for that, but it just becomes more tiresome to watch. Especially fighting against Woodley who refuses to accelerate. I do think Woodley could have easily finished Paul if he had executed a vastly more aggressive fight plan.

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
funny and kind of strange to me. jake has all these casuals that he could promote/sell his fights to and he also promotes his fights to people that don't take him seriously and want to see him get knocked out for that smack talk he does to pro fighters.

Last edited:

Romulus

I was rooting for Tyron being an old head myself but people acting like Jake didn't do anything but jab are reaching. Dude landed arguably just as hard a power punch, not to mention more points.

SpiceRacz

I honestly expected Tito to last longer than he did. Silva at 46 still looks fucking sharp. He whooped JCC Jr too.

As for the Holyfield/Vitor fight, I think waving it off early was the right call. You gotta take extra precaution if you're gonna let a 58 year old step into the ring.

The top 2 fights ended in the first round. I guess that's what happens when one guy has to lose 40 LB in 4 weeks and another is nearly 60 y/o. Either way was a good show

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Never saw usyk fight he'd be the smaller guy so I guess it'll be speed vs power and he trains with lomachenko I think and never lost a fight definitely will be an interesting fight

McCheese

Joshua hasn't thrown much at all these first three rounds, hope he's just keeping it in the tank for the late rounds.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Frank Bruno would have beat AJ.

Not taking anything away from Usyk, he is a superb boxer I was happy and been a fan since he beat Bellew.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah i love that usyk won but he is not gonna be able to do any of that shit against another technician like fury...

Fury is gonna be smart and hang on usyk to drain his stamina like he did with wilder, if te size difference with joshua already looked big, imagine against a 6"9 guy...

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It was obvious the longer the fight went, FUry was holding steady and Wilder was gassing it. Wilder had his chance around the 5th round when Fury fell for the second time.

Wilder has bad cardio regen compared to Fury.

Top Bottom