• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brave Frontier |OT| No puzzles, just dragons

New collaboration dungeon, based on a music game called Deemo, just opened up.
img_deemo_vortex_event.png
Ends on October 6.

Got the unit on my 2nd run (At the price of one gem)

Lan_97

Yep, so lesson learned. Never pull unless only the featured units are actually rate up, or if I simply don't care what I'm going to get. I'd also been ok with a Dia, Uda, Zelnite, Marudeth, Exhevel, Kajah, Luther, Signas, Alice, Dean, Lunaris, Melchio, Themis, Phee, Zellha, Douglas, luly, Dilma, logan, lorand, Reeze, leorone, or rickel (36 units in total... but out of 66 potential featured units with 11 pulls I guess is just crap odds for any of that all around... Right?).

I had similar results from my 6 pulls for Darv, no new units at all. Should have saved the pulls for the 6* rate up.

Phades

I was reading some crazy town stuff with folks youtubing ~250-500 gems worth of pulls and getting squat. In terms of perspective, if that is happening enough, then I never had a chance at all.

Shouta

I spent a lot on this batch too, didn't want to but treated my self after what happened this weekend.

I got my a Guardian Mariudeth. Guardian, Darvanshel, and a Breaker Matah.

I also got a 6 star lancia, 5 star Lodin, 5 Star Alice, 4 star Guardian Douglas, a few of those evil guys and a bunch other units. Definitely can start replacing my old units and taking advantage of these ridiculous skills some of them have.

Noirulus

I have a confession to make. I summoned Zelnite and Exvel in my first 2 summons during their rate ups.

Reading all the horror stories on r/bravefrontier makes me feel bad for everyone who wasn't able to summon the units they wanted :|

Phades

You terk der summons!

I think the reaction is mostly due to the fact that a lot of those units really raise the bar opposed to provide a different utility. Combining that with the concept of preperation for content makes for a potentially toxic mix of expectation versus ability.

Xetherion

Hey guys, I've been grinding Story quests to get gems for these Rare Summon events and I recently made it to the Lomass Forest of Cordelica. In the 3rd level of the forest I faced the boss Undine with her Earth minions Titania and Zaza, and I got my ass handed to me. I took down her minions quickly, but Undine herself just had ridiculous defense/health. I barely had her down to 1/2 health before I ran out of Cures and High Cures from all her AOE spam. Is there a strategy to beating her? Or do I just grind until I have a stronger squad before I take her on again?

My squad I used:

Goth Kikuri - Leader
Half Blood Lira
God Blade Mifune
War Captain Mega
Healer Merith

I recently got a Light Blade Alyut from my latest pull so I could put him in place of Mega, but I don't think it would make a difference.

Phades

Hey guys, I've been grinding Story quests to get gems for these Rare Summon events and I recently made it to the Lomass Forest of Cordelica. In the 3rd level of the forest I faced the boss Undine with her Earth minions Titania and Zaza, and I got my ass handed to me. I took down her minions quickly, but Undine herself just had ridiculous defense/health. I barely had her down to 1/2 health before I ran out of Cures and High Cures from all her AOE spam. Is there a strategy to beating her? Or do I just grind until I have a stronger squad before I take her on again?

My squad I used:

Goth Kikuri - Leader
Half Blood Lira
God Blade Mifune
War Captain Mega
Healer Merith

I recently got a Light Blade Alyut from my latest pull so I could put him in place of Mega, but I don't think it would make a difference.

Actually, Alyut has a lot of advantages over mega without even trying to rationalize attack animations. Just in the raw numbers, Alyut is going to beat him out.

Mega HP ATK DEF REC
Lord 5,215 1,982 1,264 1,910
Alyut
Lord 6,182 1,755 1,920 1,811

Those are the 6* forms. Alyut has more HP and DEF meaning he is going to survive getting attacked better and keep dealing damage, while Mega could get tapped out easier due to the low HP and DEF he has. Mega also has too much rec and not enough hp, so a lot of healing is going to waste on him. Alyut is more balanced in this regard.

Aside from that, if you weren't already aware, the tuesday, wednesday, and thursday dungeons are the best opportunities for evolution materials. This allows you to avoid trying to do it forcibly through the quest missions. A fully leveled up and evolved team will waltz through Cordelica without breaking a sweat. The initial hurdle will really be getting your totems, but after you get the first one done, the rest come much easier. The only downside is that the cost goes up with the evolutions Alyut 12->16>26/Mega 5->8->12->22, so plan accordingly prior to evolution (cost maximum increases with summoner levels).

Should you also get Alyut up to his 6* form, you may not even need to bring merith anymore since he has a heal over time attached to his SBB, in addition to BB charge rate. Getting some of the more fragile units out of your rotation will reduce the amount of healing items you use turn to turn and should swing those fights for you much quicker.

Other stuff in general. That particular fight the enemies cause injury, so bring tonics. Guard with softer units like merith every round they aren't using their BB. Divine lights can be more useful than regular cures in a fight with a lot of AOE. Ares/holy flutes can be very useful at building/generating BC for BB use. If at all possible, lead the fight off with BB spam in the first round to try and eliminate the other 2 units. If mifune and mega die, it could also be more beneficial (item wise) to leave them dead if AOE spam is what is knocking you out and let the tougher units like kikuri wear undine out. Ares elixers could also be a good one to bring, since you don't have the luxury of a mono-element team and take advantage of ore/stones. Although, you will need access to gold drops to make them which is possible by upgrading the river to high enough levels.

That one is still more of a warmup for that series of maps, but with a couple of tries I'm sure you can get through it. The light and dark maps get harder a lot quicker IIRC in that map series.

Thanks.

Yeah, now that I think about it, with the current units I have, I can basically have some super nice things going on with my team comps.

So, now you get to agonize over which unit to focus on first and if the evolution materials drop for your choice. ^_^;

Shouta

Just getting the materials is kinda annoying but it shouldn't be hard. Tesla will be first, Mariudeth will be after him, I think. Then probably Douglas.

Selena, Tesla, and Elimo should keep me alive for like ages if I put them together. Or I can use Mariudeth with some combination of other units to kill stuff really fast.

Got an Anima Orobo and Anima Alma! My question is should I keep these guys and try to get the other monsters? Also, are these guys getting 6 star forms? If they aren't idk if I will keep them lol

Phades

Just getting the materials is kinda annoying but it shouldn't be hard. Tesla will be first, Mariudeth will be after him, I think. Then probably Douglas.

Selena, Tesla, and Elimo should keep me alive for like ages if I put them together. Or I can use Mariudeth with some combination of other units to kill stuff really fast.

At points in time when i was relatively caught up in what I was doing, I'd run the evo mats to store up and whoever best fit what I already had ended up being the one I trained up first. I generally have a hard time getting mats for the ones i try to do deliberately. I still need lots of holy pots.

Got an Anima Orobo and Anima Alma! My question is should I keep these guys and try to get the other monsters? Also, are these guys getting 6 star forms? If they aren't idk if I will keep them lol

All of the elemental heroes that got their level 4 dungeons released with this event have announced 6* forms in the JP version of the game. Oboro has an Ares leader skill, which is similar to other units like Felenus and Borbegia. So, if you wanted a unit that helped charge BB bars faster, he could be useful until you get something better. Although, Deemo has greater potential for BB filling with lots of units with high hit counts and good attack animations and is also currently released for capturing, so it is something to consider. Alma on the other hand, is more of an arena unit in that her BB charages up fairly quickly. Her leader skill is worse than units like Aem, Aisha, and others. The effect its self is also replicated with certain spheres like evil shard, and with some SBB skills that units like Alyut, Lily Matah, and Lodin possess.

Alma's dad is also going to be released, so if that sort of thing piques your interest to keep her around, it could be worthwhile. Although, if you are really starved for unit inventory space, you could get rid of them both and not be at a huge loss. I'd just expand my unit inventory personally, since I have no idea how viable their 6* forms will be. The sybil sisters (another capturable vortex unit set) is slated to get 6* forms, in addition to mifune's group and shida's group. Until they are out, it is really hard to say if it is really safe in getting rid of those more dated units.

Kreed

All of the elemental heroes that got their level 4 dungeons released with this event have announced 6* forms in the JP version of the game. Oboro has an Ares leader skill, which is similar to other units like Felenus and Borbegia. So, if you wanted a unit that helped charge BB bars faster, he could be useful until you get something better. Although, Deemo has greater potential for BB filling with lots of units with high hit counts and good attack animations and is also currently released for capturing, so it is something to consider.

I'm going to echo getting Deemo. Besides her 20 hit BB skill, from what I've been reading her Leader Skill is really useful for BB spam due to it working well against solo enemies.

HomesIice

Oh God, I need this.

I'm so happy to see these "freemium" games lower the Stamina/Energy recharge rate. Ten minutes, for a single point of Stamina/Energy, is excruciating.

Very. Especially at 10 minutes per energy...ridiculous.
There's also some other changes/buffs to other units etc. which made me really consider getting JP BF.

Xetherion

Actually, Alyut has a lot of advantages over mega without even trying to rationalize attack animations. Just in the raw numbers, Alyut is going to beat him out.

Mega HP ATK DEF REC
Lord 5,215 1,982 1,264 1,910
Alyut
Lord 6,182 1,755 1,920 1,811

Those are the 6* forms. Alyut has more HP and DEF meaning he is going to survive getting attacked better and keep dealing damage, while Mega could get tapped out easier due to the low HP and DEF he has. Mega also has too much rec and not enough hp, so a lot of healing is going to waste on him. Alyut is more balanced in this regard.

Aside from that, if you weren't already aware, the tuesday, wednesday, and thursday dungeons are the best opportunities for evolution materials. This allows you to avoid trying to do it forcibly through the quest missions. A fully leveled up and evolved team will waltz through Cordelica without breaking a sweat. The initial hurdle will really be getting your totems, but after you get the first one done, the rest come much easier. The only downside is that the cost goes up with the evolutions Alyut 12->16>26/Mega 5->8->12->22, so plan accordingly prior to evolution (cost maximum increases with summoner levels).

Should you also get Alyut up to his 6* form, you may not even need to bring merith anymore since he has a heal over time attached to his SBB, in addition to BB charge rate. Getting some of the more fragile units out of your rotation will reduce the amount of healing items you use turn to turn and should swing those fights for you much quicker.

Other stuff in general. That particular fight the enemies cause injury, so bring tonics. Guard with softer units like merith every round they aren't using their BB. Divine lights can be more useful than regular cures in a fight with a lot of AOE. Ares/holy flutes can be very useful at building/generating BC for BB use. If at all possible, lead the fight off with BB spam in the first round to try and eliminate the other 2 units. If mifune and mega die, it could also be more beneficial (item wise) to leave them dead if AOE spam is what is knocking you out and let the tougher units like kikuri wear undine out. Ares elixers could also be a good one to bring, since you don't have the luxury of a mono-element team and take advantage of ore/stones. Although, you will need access to gold drops to make them which is possible by upgrading the river to high enough levels.

That one is still more of a warmup for that series of maps, but with a couple of tries I'm sure you can get through it. The light and dark maps get harder a lot quicker IIRC in that map series.

Thanks for all the info. I know Alyut is better than Mega, just at his current 4* form I don't think he'd make a difference. Sounds like I definitely need to just level/evolve more.

Also your point on the Tonics reminded me I actually used a Fairy for that fight, not Merith, so the Tonics weren't necessary until she went down. I haven't gotten Divine Lights yet, but my next upgrade for Synthesis unlocks them so I will do that ASAP. Don't have Ares elixirs either.

I will just focus on leveling and evolving for now anyway, and go back later. Thanks again.

I'm going to echo getting Deemo. Besides her 20 hit BB skill, from what I've been reading her Leader Skill is really useful for BB spam due to it working well against solo enemies.

Yeah, the first time I played her dungeon she dropped for me and she was anima too! Very happy right now lol

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
All Deemo team should be pretty legit, right?

Got 4, don't want to gem for 5th.. so time to wait. Took me like 9 runs yesterday to pull 1.. then got 3 out of next 5 runs.

Wow Japan getting another baller event for this game. Dungeon for about 5 frogs, half cost vortex, week long evolution materials event, ability to spend 3 keys for bigger level up or sellable monster. Never seen a jewel king before now lol.

Oh and half the time for your meter to refill. Not to mention new units and finally a honor point summon buff along with finally ability to draw 10 at a time.

Phades

Wow Japan getting another baller event for this game. Dungeon for about 5 frogs, half cost vortex, week long evolution materials event, ability to spend 3 keys for bigger level up or sellable monster. Never seen a jewel king before now lol.

Oh and half the time for your meter to refill. Not to mention new units and finally a honor point summon buff along with finally ability to draw 10 at a time.

Yeah, the JP version of the game just seems better in terms of QOL for everything excluding auto battle on the first instance you engage a map. The burst frog dungeon is just amazing.

Ugh. The game offered a free summon ticket and increased rate of the 6 latest units, and I wasted said ticket on another Michelle!

And now I realized I have too many fire and dark units.

With the Amazon bonus and an Amazon gift card I had I bought some gems for the first time in months.

That plus the remaining tickets and gems I already had lying around gave me about 30 pulls.

Noteable ones:

3x Zelnite
2x Matah
Azael
Lira
Falron
2x Ophelia
2x Darvanshel
Dia
Ahvel
2x Douglas

No complaints from me at all. And if it wasn't for the rapid inflation of upcoming units I'd be set for life.

Phades

With the Amazon bonus and an Amazon gift card I had I bought some gems for the first time in months.

That plus the remaining tickets and gems I already had lying around gave me about 30 pulls.

Noteable ones:

3x Zelnite
2x Matah
Azael
Lira
Falron
2x Ophelia
2x Darvanshel
Dia
Ahvel
2x Douglas

No complaints from me at all. And if it wasn't for the rapid inflation of upcoming units I'd be set for life.
Given from what I've read about the cardes trial, having multiples of the damage reducers spread across different teams is beneficial. Since one of the teams is bound to get killed off.

For whatever reason, folks are reporting more joy today than over the weekend combined. Probably just coincidence. But getting half of your pulls being notable/relevant at all seems like an accomplishment onto its self considering the super rates are still in effect. I think the only time I even remotely came close to that was around when elimo got featured after vishra's group was released and pulled a rashil, vishra, michele (oracle though, ended up replacing her later with a breaker...), and something else that was decent instead of elimo/amy/i forgot the 3rd one of the featured set.

Although, I started a JP game, so I dunno if i'll really bother/try on my global one anymore. Maybe just log in and parade once a day or whatever, since the energy recharge time is what it is. I had a better start in general, so it just depends on the other pulls I guess.

I want the JP Version too.
Are you able to install the jp together with the na Version?

Yes you can, they don't conflict or cross over with each other.

Xetherion

I got an Axe King Mariudeth with the free Summon ticket, my first 5* yay! Got enough gems for 1 more pull and got Iron Shield Darvan, which was good timing because I was just starting the Thunder dungeon in St. Lamia.

used my free ticket and 5 gems to pull: Dictator Lilly Matah and Dark Tunes Eric. Wanted Matah but really hope we get a level up event cause I could use it bad at this rate.

And more frogs... always more frogs.

edit: I have terrible luck with event characters. going on my 4th try for deemo...

chrono01

I managed to get my third Deemo this morning. So far I have an Anima, Lord, and Guardian type. I'm going for give, if just to make Metal runs faster.

I'm really debating whether I should use my Summon Ticket/Magic Gems during this event. From the posts I've been reading, the rates for the new Units are definitely better than when they were in their individual pools, although the increased rate(s) for the other Units do kind of worry me. :/

Slayven

Anyway to tell what Facebook account is tied to the game? I am thinking of switching from Amazon to play but don't know what account I used.

Shouta

Don't think there's a way but I could be wrong.

I just upgraded my Tesla to Oulu (6 stars) this morning. i just need to level him up and get his BB to SBB. Rip my poor powered up units though, lol. My 5 star Zeln and 6 star Elulu got sacrificed for Oulu, lol.

chrono01

I am speechless.

So I figured I'd try summoning, since so many are having luck. This is what I got.

Summon Ticket:

Thunder Beast Ahvel [Lord]

Nice start! However, I wanted a Zelnite...

Summon x 5 Magic Gems:

Bodyguard Darvanshel [Anima]

Wow, incredible. I have an SSB10 Guardian Oulu, but this is appreciated.

One more!

Summon x 5 Magic Gems:

Great Thief Zelnite [Anima]

...I have no words. No words at all.

I think I'm going to stop summoning now for the next year, since all of my luck is likely used up. The rates definitely seem increased, though. I used 50+ Magic Gems on the Zelnite Batch and only got two Azael. It might just be RNG, though.

Kreed

Anyway to tell what Facebook account is tied to the game? I am thinking of switching from Amazon to play but don't know what account I used.

Go to your Facebook and check your app settings to see what apps you've logged into with the account.

chrono01

Don't think there's a way but I could be wrong.

I just upgraded my Tesla to Oulu (6 stars) this morning. i just need to level him up and get his BB to SBB. Rip my poor powered up units though, lol. My 5 star Zeln and 6 star Elulu got sacrificed for Oulu, lol.
I wish you luck!

Farming Support BB is never fun, but the with increased Fusion Rate, it's definitely a great time to do it [if you get a Great/Super Success]. Nice to put those Brave Burst Frogs to use too, but obviously only when you reach BB8/9.

I mentioned that I may have too many fire and dark units at my disposal so...

All my fire units:
Holy Flame Vargas (G)
Beast King Zegar (B)
Pheonix Reborn (G)
Smith Lord Galant (B)
Great Thief Leon (B)
Drake Queen Aisha (A)
Swordswoman Seria (L)
Lotus Axe Michele (B)
War Demon Vishra (A)
Fire Step Ramna (G)
Dark Arts Dia (O)
War Rocket Cayena (G)

And all my dark units:
Death Magress (O)
Hellborn Dilias (L)
Red Shadow Oboro (B)
Necromancer Lemia (B)
Demon Blade Lico (G)
Sir Sancus Xenon (A)
God Blade Mifune (O)
Scythe Alice (G)
Duel-GX (B)
Migistra Lira (B)
Dark Blade Zephyr (L)

Not sure who to get rid of since some of these are limited units. Any ideas, for those who recognize some of these?

Got 2 Demos after 6 runs. A guardian and anima. Building Team Deemo as all anima.

Gonna sit on that free summon ticket until Elza batch comes out. Already got Zelnite (L), Matah (O) and Darvanshel (B),(G). Not the best typing, but I got them.

Spent so much gems on Zelnite Batch during the initial iincreased rates.

Phades

Playing the JP version feels weird. I mean, I capped my first totem on the 2nd day played. 1/2 energy event + permenant 1 energy every 3 minutes really pulls you through the early stuff fast.

HomesIice

Playing the JP version feels weird. I mean, I capped my first totem on the 2nd day played. 1/2 energy event + permenant 1 energy every 3 minutes really pulls you through the early stuff fast.

The burst frog/sphere frog thing is amazing <3
Though I've been pretty unlucky with my pulls so questing is going a tad slow :(

Xetherion

Does anyone know if the Rare Summon boost is still going? According to the times listed it should be over, but at the Rare Summon screen it still has the text about it going on...

Phades

The burst frog/sphere frog thing is amazing <3Though I've been pretty unlucky with my pulls so questing is going a tad slow :(

Seriously though. I think that was one of the first things that crossed through my head while i was trudging through the newbie areas in mistral wondering how hard a (normally) 15 energy vortex dungeon could be. Fufu crystals, frogs, etc. I had to pick my jaw up from the floor and then I did the imps....

I've gotten a dupe pull already, so I hit a bump in the road so to speak. I was hoping to replace leon in the group with it, but i'll just have to wait a little longer (nearly done with morgan now). I am finally filling out my friend list too, so stuff is going to get easier much quicker. Also remember, the first run through of a gem and regular metal dungeon yeild gems, so that can help speed you towards a new pull.

What was your first pull?
Does anyone know if the Rare Summon boost is still going? According to the times listed it should be over, but at the Rare Summon screen it still has the text about it going on...

If in doubt, exit out and restart the program. If it is still there, I'd assume it was still going on. I don't recall what the actual end date was supposed to be to be honest since all 6 were "featured" currently.

Phades

Typically it coincides with the release of new units or the release of 6* forms of existing units. Next up should be dia's group within the next week or so.

Top Bottom