• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second: another livestream today (New trailer debut)

L~A

Q8: Any plans to make other characters into figures? A8: No plans yet. We want to though. #b2nd

Qwhatever: Will there be swappable plates for the game?
Awhatever: No... no. =( No plans right now... sigh. SORRY. OTL #b2nd

We do have plans for themes though. PLS BE EXCITED. #b2nd

Q100: What about connections to related media spinoffs?
A100: You can play the sequel without any of that. R's journal existed, but... #b2nd

Q1001: What about the previous characters? Ringabel etc?
A1001: Well, it'd be easy to just say, but we'd rather you play it and see. #b2nd

Yay, themes :D

L~A

Towns will be back, dungeons from the 1st game will be in: look and play completely differently. Dungeons in the demo are demo-only. #b2nd

About abroad release and abroad support:

THANKYOU #b2nd

Will there be multiple voices in the Japanese release? Like English etc?
A: 2nd will have JP only, for now. But if a new version comes out-

who knows. Right now there's no plans for that. As of right now, Bravely Second will have Japanese voices only. International ver? well...

Of course, they wouldn't have said anything about a western release...

Trailer: YouTube

L~A

As for release overseas: It's not been decided yet. They're so happy about the overseas reception though. They wanna release 2nd out west.

Will there be a Magnolia mufufu event (sexy questionss)

"uh...... welllllll....... you guys really liked the bravo bikini huh." #b2nd

About AR stuff. Will there be AR movies?
Probably. Be excited. #b2nd

There will be an event viewer. Will there be a way to view the "Teach Me Agnes!" bits? Yes and yes. #b2nd

In party chat, the characters don't move anymore! =(
Only because of the demo. Also Nemesis stuff is back. No paid DLC sans SP drink. #b2nd

Once again, thanks for the tweets, RyougaSaotome :D

L~A

Why is the western release not decided yet? Didn't the game sell more outside of Japan? :|

I think it's more a case of "sorry, we're not allowed to say anything".

They might be waiting for a "For the Trilogy" edition, too.

Zornica

Banned
Why is the western release not decided yet? Didn't the game sell more outside of Japan? :|

they probably haven't decided yet whether they should localize it this time or once again let Nintendo handle that stuff like last time.
At least that's my guess.

L~A

SP recharges in sleep mode AND while you play now, so you'll never need to buy drinks. (why have them lol) #b2nd

There will be no music player in-game. Please buy the OST. ='(
#b2nd

Time to enter battle in the demo seems a bit long.

A: it'll get shorter. They don't know how much, but yeah. #b2nd

Q: Will there be guest party members?
A: nah... prob not. #B2nd

Q: Is there a fast option for battle?
A: Yeah, it's in the demo too if you haven't noticed. Same as FTS. #b2nd

Specific question: I keep using the system to get more villagers everyday, but assistant producer Takahashi still hasn't come yet. Why? =(

A: Er, it's just sort of random. Hahaha. We don't really choose who. #b2nd

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
If they will localize them, in 2015 I would buy FF Explorer, Theatritm DQ and of course BD 2nd. Good job SE, don't miss the train with late localizations

Dat Agnes minifigure
746432bf05.jpg

L~A

Q: Is the demo story a parallel world? TELL ME ASANO SAN\
A: The demo story is the demo story. lol. #b2nd

Q: Is there meaning behind changing the font for the title? A: mmm, there will be a subtitle by the way. hahahahahahahahaha. #b2nd

We still have a bunch more voice talent to reveal. Today was just a tiny bit, and we're not done recording yet! #b2nd

Q: Are Agnes' lips soft?
A: Uh... it'd be nice if they were? hard lips are weird.

#b2nd

Question time has ended! My hands hurt! Next reveal: the B2nd Collector's Pack. Looks hot. #B2nd

Hard lips... lolwut?

L~A

Yeah, that figure is great. Nintendo, use it for the CE this time around :p

The browser game is getting updated. Really wish this was playable on mobile though. #b2nd

BD characters playable in the browser game plus a bunch of new ones. Big ole' update. #b2nd

"We'd be happy if you played. But if you're the type who doesn't want to but wants to know the story, this art/novel book is for you!" #b2nd

Mini-Soundtrack. H-Res DATA. "We have no idea how to explain this. I guess it has 3 times as much data??" #b2nd

"Ryo makes things in a Hi-Res environment, so we figured it'd be cool if you guys could listen at that quality too." #b2nd

also

Banned
Retailers aren't going to be happy about that huge box. Seems to me they are overestimating the series' popularity...
EDIT:It's exclusive to SE's store.

L~A

Bravely Second theme atJump Festa ;___;

Magnolia rubber strap. It's a rubber strap. Awkward zoom. #b2nd

Wow, the box for the Collector's Pack is huge compared to the first game's.

U's Journal will be in the Collector's Pack. Similar style to D's Journal. It's not done yet. #b2nd

"We'd be super happy if you preordered the collector's pack. It's not cheap, but we really poured our hearts into it." #b2nd

Next week at Jump Festa we'll be there. It's gonna be the TGS demo there. #B2nd

Bravely Second theme for free at Jump Festa. DAMMIT. #b2nd

Asano "I really have nothing left to say. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the demo. It's a huge relief for us. We're gonna keep pushing- To make the final product great. Please preorder early before it runs out <3 <3" "We'll be doing another stream next week during Jump Festa. Oh god. I meet with Ryo every week, and our hair is getting ridiculous" And that's that! Thanks for tuning in everyone! <3 #b2nd

L~A

Ok, here's all the tweets from RyougaSaotome (once again, thanks a lot!).

They're pretty happy with how much info and B2nd stuff they could release this week. 5,980 yen. "Coming out in Winter... just barely" #b2nd

Oh, Bravely Second info in this week's GanGan. New jobs and new Asterisk users! Will buy. #B2nd

New job "Cat User." Lol. #B2nd

Officially announcing the voice cast in the new trailer. Getting our first in-game look at Emperor Oblivion and his little fairy. #B2nd

Oh hey, Tiz's voice at the end of the trailer. "I'm home, Agnes." #B2nd

"Man, there was something.. something at the end there huh."
"yeah..."
"cool..."
"Mmhmmm."
#B2nd

"Well yeah, of course he's in it"
Asano referring to Tiz. #B2nd

Talking about creating the demo and how they went about pulling it together, original content etc. They wanted folks to be able to- #B2nd

Play it a whole bunch, even though it's technically just a demo. #B2nd

Question 1: what gets carried over from the demo?
A: by completing certain goals within the demo, you'll get items in the real game. #b2nd

If you've played the demo, you'll know what Asano and co. are referring too. #b2nd

Looks like you can carry over 20 street pass peeps into the full game, giving you an early heads up on rebuilding the moon city. #b2nd

They're talking about how in the last game, people fixed the town super early, so they're adding a bunch more to the town stuff. #b2nd

If you have a clear save file from the last game, they wanna give you something when you start the sequel, they just don't know what. #b2nd

Q2: Quests in the demo are all "go fetch this etc." Quests will NOT be like that in the real game. This quest style is demo-only #B2nd

Q3: will there be updated demos?
A3: yes there will be. Not 6 demos like last time, but there will be more demos. #b2nd

Q4: Asking about who will handle the novel in the collector's pack. A4: it'll be a new author. Not the same as the others. #b2nd

Will U's Journal be available as a separate item for purchase or is it CE only?
They kinda wanna sell it separately too but not sure. #b2nd

Q5: About the special code for Magnolia's outfit. Is it only available via the CE?
A5: It's totally doable to make it available later #b2nd

Either way the code for the figure and the code for the CE won't be for the same item. You can buy both and get separate stuff. #b2nd

Q6: Asking about OST release. Q6: Well, yeah. It'll happen. Oh, and the T-shirt I'm wearing (Asano), will be available for purchase. #b2nd

Q7: What about the Edea in the background? WILL SHE GO ON SALE AGAIN? A7: We had her made for comiket, so no. She won't be back! #b2nd

Q8: Any plans to make other characters into figures? A8: No plans yet. We want to though. #b2nd

Qwhatever: Will there be swappable plates for the game?
Awhatever: No... no. =( No plans right now... sigh. SORRY. OTL #b2nd

We do have plans for themes though. PLS BE EXCITED. #b2nd

Q100: What about connections to related media spinoffs?
A100: You can play the sequel without any of that. R's journal existed, but... #b2nd

Q1001: What about the previous characters? Ringabel etc?
A1001: Well, it'd be easy to just say, but we'd rather you play it and see. #b2nd

Towns will be back, dungeons from the 1st game will be in: look and play completely differently. Dungeons in the demo are demo-only. #b2nd

About abroad release and abroad support:

THANKYOU #b2nd

Will there be multiple voices in the Japanese release? Like English etc?
A: 2nd will have JP only, for now. But if a new version comes out-

who knows. Right now there's no plans for that. As of right now, Bravely Second will have Japanese voices only. International ver? well...

As for release overseas: It's not been decided yet. They're so happy about the overseas reception though. They wanna release 2nd out west.

Will there be a Magnolia mufufu event (sexy questionss)

"uh...... welllllll....... you guys really liked the bravo bikini huh." #b2nd

About AR stuff. Will there be AR movies?
Probably. Be excited. #b2nd

There will be an event viewer. Will there be a way to view the "Teach Me Agnes!" bits? Yes and yes. #b2nd

In party chat, the characters don't move anymore! =(
Only because of the demo. Also Nemesis stuff is back. No paid DLC sans SP drink. #b2nd

SP recharges in sleep mode AND while you play now, so you'll never need to buy drinks. (why have them lol) #b2nd

There will be no music player in-game. Please buy the OST. ='(
#b2nd

Time to enter battle in the demo seems a bit long.

A: it'll get shorter. They don't know how much, but yeah. #b2nd

Q: Will there be guest party members?
A: nah... prob not. #B2nd

Q: Is there a fast option for battle?
A: Yeah, it's in the demo too if you haven't noticed. Same as FTS. #b2nd

Specific question: I keep using the system to get more villagers everyday, but assistant producer Takahashi still hasn't come yet. Why? =(

A: Er, it's just sort of random. Hahaha. We don't really choose who. #b2nd

Q: Is the demo story a parallel world? TELL ME ASANO SAN\
A: The demo story is the demo story. lol. #b2nd

Q: Is there meaning behind changing the font for the title? A: mmm, there will be a subtitle by the way. hahahahahahahahaha. #b2nd

We still have a bunch more voice talent to reveal. Today was just a tiny bit, and we're not done recording yet! #b2nd

Q: Are Agnes' lips soft?
A: Uh... it'd be nice if they were? hard lips are weird.

#b2nd

Question time has ended! My hands hurt! Next reveal: the B2nd Collector's Pack. Looks hot. #B2nd

The browser game is getting updated. Really wish this was playable on mobile though. #b2nd

BD characters playable in the browser game plus a bunch of new ones. Big ole' update. #b2nd

"We'd be happy if you played. But if you're the type who doesn't want to but wants to know the story, this art/novel book is for you!" #b2nd

Mini-Soundtrack. H-Res DATA. "We have no idea how to explain this. I guess it has 3 times as much data??" #b2nd

"Ryo makes things in a Hi-Res environment, so we figured it'd be cool if you guys could listen at that quality too." #b2nd

Magnolia rubber strap. It's a rubber strap. Awkward zoom. #b2nd

Wow, the box for the Collector's Pack is huge compared to the first game's.

U's Journal will be in the Collector's Pack. Similar style to D's Journal. It's not done yet. #b2nd

"We'd be super happy if you preordered the collector's pack. It's not cheap, but we really poured our hearts into it." #b2nd

Next week at Jump Festa we'll be there. It's gonna be the TGS demo there. #B2nd

Bravely Second theme for free at Jump Festa. DAMMIT. #b2nd

Asano "I really have nothing left to say. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the demo. It's a huge relief for us. We're gonna keep pushing- To make the final product great. Please preorder early before it runs out <3 <3" "We'll be doing another stream next week during Jump Festa. Oh god. I meet with Ryo every week, and our hair is getting ridiculous" And that's that! Thanks for tuning in everyone! <3 #b2nd

Gonna try to tidy things a bit and put that in the OP.

Given the sales of the first game in the west, localization should be a no-brainer. But who knows with this company.

Square Enix : we don't localize, but we'd like to.

Glad to see even a small mention of wanting to release it overseas.

That they addressed it at all is positive, never mind that they were really happy with how the first game was received.

Asano said they want to do it. Just that nothing's been decided, even though they're working toward that.

Top Bottom