• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREAKING: Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen dies of cancer at age 65

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
On phone so only source. Tweet for TLDR purposes:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/15/microsoft-co-founder-paul-allen-dies-of-cancer-at-age-65.html

Microsofts response per tweet:

A personal remark from Jody Allen, Paul's sister:
"While most knew Paul Allen as a technologist and philanthropist, for us he was a much-loved brother and uncle, and an exceptional friend. Paul's family and friends were blessed to experience his wit, warmth, his generosity and deep concern," she said in a statement. "For all the demands on his schedule, there was always time for family and friends. At this time of loss and grief for us – and so many others – we are profoundly grateful for the care and concern he demonstrated every day."
Much more at the link. A legend among legends. RIP.

EDIT: Allen was optimistic about his treatment at the beginning of his month:

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Added Microsofts statement by tweet in OP. Also added Paul's comment regarding this from the beginning of October.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
rip dude, good work

tumblr_nbic6abLIF1tepew7o4_400.gif

rbanke

Like others I didn't even know he was sick, RIP.

Thank you for breaking into my normally scheduled broadcast.

cryptoadam

Banned
RIP and a true trail blazer.

But I have to ask is it ok to exonorate him? I have kept up so i don't know if he is a white supremacist, racist, or homophobe?

Gander

Banned
Reminder it's important to be a good person because no matter how much you accumulate you can't take it with you. Your good deeds will speak on for you though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom