• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breitbart blames McMaster for Trump ‘error’ in reacting to Naval collision

Zolo

http://thehill.com/media/347318-bre...or-trump-error-in-reacting-to-naval-collision

Breitbart published a story on Monday accusing National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster of not briefing President Trump on a Naval collision near Singapore, raising new speculation that the conservative site is going opponents of Steve Bannon, the former White House strategist who has now returned to the website.

The report said McMaster, along with his Chief of Staff Ret. Gen. John Kelly had originally "kept the president in the dark on the incident" involving the USS McCain, which it says caused the president to respond "that's too bad," when asked about the matter.

Trump's initial, curt response raised eyebrows and received criticism, however the president later issued more detailed remarks on Twitter.

The report marks the second time in less than a day that the publication has taken aim at McMaster.

Breitbart published a report on Sunday labeling McMaster as soft on Islamic extremism.

How the fuck does that excuse him from saying "That's too bad" as the first remark? He doesn't even looked concerned (not that we expect him to)

Lunar15

Ah, so it's just going to be brietbart taking on anyone in the white house that bannon didn't agree with.

Well, good luck: McMaster is pretty damn well respected across the aisle.

Wilsongt

And it begins.

Trying to attack the 🌍🕎🐔 ((((globalist cucks))))🐔🕎🌍 surrounded Trump.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Anyone saying Bannon would be supporting Trump and his administration after getting the boot was foolish to think that. Bannon is in it for himself and will go after anyone he considers a threat to his desires and this is several people still in the White House like McMaster and Kushner. He might not attack Trump directly, though I suspect that is coming soon enough, but they will most certainly go after everyone around him they don't care for.

Lunar15

Anyone saying Bannon would be supporting Trump and his administration after getting the boot was foolish to think that. Bannon is in it for himself and will go after anyone he considers a threat to his desires and this is several people still in the White House like McMaster and Kushner. He might not attack Trump directly, though I suspect that is coming soon enough, but they will most certainly go after everyone around him they don't care for.

Bannon still wants trump to do the things he always wanted trump to do. He just wants to get rid of the people that kept him from doing that. He's going to war "for" Trump.

Oppo

So this will be Bannon's MO going forward

yes

Ah, so it's just going to be brietbart taking on anyone in the white house that bannon didn't agree with.

also yes

And it begins.

Trying to attack the ������ ((((globalist cucks))))������ surrounded Trump.

emoji game on point

Hopefully Trump can heel from this.

alright GAF has this well in hand

Lunar15 said:
He's going to war "for" Trump.
I think it's hilarious that this supposedly smart media mogul fell on his face with his very first statement; no one knew how to parse it. oooo, scary.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Trump's initial, curt response raised eyebrows and received criticism, however the president later issued more detailed remarks on Twitter.
We're now at the point where a 140 character tweet is considered a more detailed response from the president.

studyguy

One would think a president could at least think on their toes when hit with "A ship has collided and 10 sailors are missing" without a briefing and still come back with a better answer. Considering the guy is on twitter 24/7 surprised he didn't hear about it if he hadn't been briefed since it was on social media well before his answer.

I wonder if someone will have Bannon killed.

If this presidency has done anything for me, aside from giving me an unending sense of dread and despair, it's completely blast away the idea of some all powerful Illuminati pulling the strings.

One would think a president could at least think on their toes when hit with "A ship has collided and 10 sailors are missing" without a briefing and still come back with a better answer. Considering the guy is on twitter 24/7 surprised he didn't hear about it if he hadn't been briefed since it was on social media well before his answer.

Trump is a sociopath. He doesn't seem to have emotion outside of blind anger.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Bannon still wants trump to do the things he always wanted trump to do. He just wants to get rid of the people that kept him from doing that. He's going to war "for" Trump.

Yeah and the involves going to war with Trump. Its a stupid thing to keep saying if he is going to go to war for the man but that entails going after several people around him.

megalowho

I'm really not sure it's productive to just signal boost whatever bullshit Bretibart puts out there. Hasn't it been determined their readership is down anyway? Without a democratic president and congress to rail against they're not as influential as they once were, and yet my Twitter timeline is full of people pointing fingers at this particular article.

_Ryo_

I guess this proves that poll suggested most Trump supporters will never, EVER turn on him has a lot of merit. Trump could be a cannibal eating the corpse of their wife and children, and theyd set the the table for him.

Breibart going to war for Trump is essentially state-run media propoganda.

I'm really not sure it's productive to just signal boost whatever bullshit Bretibart puts out there. Hasn't it been determined their readership is down anyway? Without a democratic president and congress to rail against they're not as influential as they once were, and yet my Twitter timeline is full of people pointing fingers at this particular article.

It's important to know that the POTUS-approved "news" outlet is saying.

Not joking.

Amalthea

Banned
Yeah, he should have informed Trump better so he could have properly "practised" showing human empathy and emotions.

Lunar15

I guess this proves that poll suggested most Trump supporters will never, EVER turn on him has a lot of merit. Trump could be a cannibal eating the corpse of their wife and children, and theyd set the the table for him.

Breibart going to war for Trump is essentially state-run media propoganda.

I've said this time and time again, Trump will never sour in the eyes of the base that elected him in the primaries. For the people that voted for him in the main election despite not voting for him the primaries, they will absolutely vote for him against any democratic candidate unless, somehow, they ideologically shift left between now and then.

megalowho

It's important to know that the POTUS-approved "news" outlet is saying.

Not joking.
I disagree, I don't go to Breitbart for news don't need to read propaganda. Unless there's something truly dangerous or a breaking story, it's just noise for those in the bubble. We're doing their work making it a bigger deal than it is.

🌍🕎🐔

I just wanted to say that this is amazing :lol

Emoji bigotry is the future y'all!
Breitbart admits that Baby-in-Chief needs his hand held through everything.
You would think that most world leaders could come up with an acceptable response to a possible tragedy without being fully briefed on the details but go ahead and keep demonstrating that there's no bottom floor in your standards Trumpets.

Ithil

They're so pathetically transparent with their boogeymen and people they want to sow dislike of.
Who keeps claiming Bannon is clever?

Clever when surrounded by idiots maybe.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
This is not an excuse that works for an adult who has reached mental maturity.

Why even post Breitbart bullshit? Is the cheap laugh really worth supporting their misinformation?

It's not funny when the president is saying everyone but Breitbart is fake news. People believe him and they'll believe this. We unfortunately can't ignore what they report even if it isn't true.

On tonight's episode of Scandal: Will Olivia Pope be able to sooth tensions between the presidents national security advisor and a raging calamity bannon in time for the president to enjoy a much needed September vacation? Tune in to find out!

Noema

He uses Twitter to lead, not to read.

The Daily's episode today had a really good look into this and it already seems to be playing out: Bannon is going to go after any person remaining in the White House whom he didn't agree with, or didn't allow for Trump to fit his agenda. He wants to get Trump back into pre-presidency Trump.

III-V

I would imagine it was really pressure from McMaster that pushed Bannon out although he wants to use Ivanka as his smoke screen.

I would imagine it was really pressure from McMaster that pushed Bannon out although he wants to use Ivanka as his smoke screen.

I think it was nearly everybody in the admin aside from Trump himself, Stephen Miller, and maybe whoever is the interim comms director.

"The aisle" doesn't get their news from Breitbart. But the people who elect them do.

Top Bottom