• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bret Hart in Smackdown vs. Raw!!!

DMczaf

Online play and Bret Hart?

Its official, DMczaf is buying his first wrestling game at full price since No Mercy.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040817064302308.jpg

LOL

I like how pics of Bret in the Gamecube and PS2 WWE games always have him beating down HBK.

Penguin

I pretty much figured since he was in DoR, that he would be in SvR.

I mean generally speaking, whatever happens in the GCN wrestling game usually makes it into the Ps2 game later that year and usually better.

DMczaf

And Sony is pissing me off, I still havent received my beta! They delayed the shipment once already and it feels like they will send me another email saying its delayed again :\

Guzim

They need to take Sable out of the game since she got fired. And only four legends and one of them is Kane with a mask? Thank God Bret makes up for it.

EDIT: Now I can do Bret vs. Benoit vs. Kurt Angle :D:D:D

Penguin

Guzim said:
They need to take Sable out of the game since she got fired. And only four legends and one of them is Kane with a mask? Thank God Bret makes up for it.

EDIT: Now I can do Bret vs. Benoit vs. Kurt Angle :D:D:D

Well, I think IGN said there will be 6 more legends they will announce over the week.

Bret vs Angle vs Benoit vs Eddie Iron Man Match....

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yeah Bret and like 4 guys from each show. WHOOOPEEE. They better have increased the CAW slots to like 50. I love you Bret but the only way I'm getting this game now is if I can find enough really good Ring of Honor/TNA CAW's to make my own little league cuz that WWE roster is a freakin Joke.

Shinobi

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040817064303573.jpg

Leather jacket? Check.

Pink shades? Check.

The greatest motherfuckin' wrestler of all time finally in a WWE game (eat a dick Ric Flair)? Check.

Hopefully he put his shades on a kid in the crowd like the good ole' days. Unless he's a heel of course.

Knowing my luck I'll have to play through an entire season with Scotty 2 Hotty to unlock the Hitman...sigh.

Sucks that Austin and Goldberg aren't in the game...the Hitman mark in me would love to re-re-establish those fueds with their proper intros.

Then again, Austin could well be included as one of the legends (hell, they've got the option to use his logo as a centerpiece in the create a belt mode). There's hope for a Hart/Austin "I Quit II" match yet.

evil ways

Bret Hart being in is great, but having masked Kane in as a legend doesn't give me any hope of the legends roster being any good. I hope they don't start filling up Legend slots with Hillbilly Jim, Nikolai Volkoff, Duke The Dumpster, The Godwinns and The Godfather.

Sho Nuff

Banned

He must use super hardening gel, because his hair just pierced his sunglasses.

Just the typical amazing attention detail delivered by YUKE'S.

DCX

DCX
Sho Nuff said:

He must use super hardening gel, because his hair just pierced his sunglasses.

Just the typical amazing attention detail delivered by YUKE'S.
Perfection would be a let down for you...

DCX

What the hell happened to the roster? The early roster list had just about anyone under contract in it. Now it's a little over 40 guys and some legends.

Of course, this is IGN so who knows if their info is even correct.

Remember kids: you can't spell IGNORANT without I.G.N

evil ways

IGN updated with 3 more Legends, Roddy Piper, Jimmy Snuka and Brutus Beefcake. Still 4 more bringing the total to 11 Legends.

I'm cool with Piper and Snuka but would've rather have the Million Dollar Man instead of Beefcake. Here's hoping Dibiase is one of the remaining 3 since apparently Foley is in as well, as confirmed by UK PS2 Magazine.

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040818062123436.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040818062123749.jpg

wwe-smackdown-vs-raw-20040818062124358.jpg

Triumph

Banned
So, do the legends have their original music/entrances? Last year's offering of having them come down in the Wrestlemania III mini-rings was kind of lame.

LakeEarth

Most likely not, which sucks. They can't spend a little extra for a few old songs... it's half the fun of getting the old characters.

You know how much it sucked to not have the Million Dollar Man song in Here Comes The Pain? Plans of creating The Million Dollar Stable shattered...just shattered!

Fatalah

The Booty Man rocked! I loved him! He had an important role in Hogan's turning to the nWo!

By the way, this looks NOTHING like a PS2 game! The crispness of the wrestlers are amazing--the textures are lacking though. I mean, Bret looks like a feckin maneckin'!

And how the hell did Bret sign on to this game? The WWE screwed him over AND killed his brother.

The WWE should license out their likenesses to all developers yo.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
They should also have historical blunders of the WWE in the game. Like put in Giant Silva.

Also Yokozuna NEEDS to be confirmed as hall of famer.. same with the afformentioned Million Dollar Man. Also Macho Man and Jake the Snake would be pretty kick ass too.

Shinobi

WasabiKing said:
Austin can surely be re-created in CAW. His moves weren't complicated, and you know his ring attire will be there.

Yeah I know...but I want his video and music damnit! That glass smash that started his music (which I think started at Wrestlemania 13) is one of the great audio signatures ever.

Guileless said:
What is with all the Bret Hart fluffer boys around here?

Shut the fuck up...

BTW, Bret being in this game (along with Day of Reckoning) is probably due in part with his relationship with Vince McMahon being smoothed over the last year or so. He's since been talking with Shane the last few months while they work on a DVD of his matches. Vince would also like to induct Bret into the WWE hall of fame.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
By the way, this looks NOTHING like a PS2 game! The crispness of the wrestlers are amazing--the textures are lacking though. I mean, Bret looks like a feckin maneckin'!

And it only took chopping the roster in half to do it. Man those Yukes guys are miracle workers.......

Top Bottom