• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Opens the ThunderDome

ManaByte

With the debut of WWE ThunderDome, WWE will take residency at Amway Center in Orlando and virtually bring fans into the arena via live video on massive LED boards, in conjunction with The Famous Group and its proprietary technology, for every Monday Night Raw, Friday Night SmackDown and WWE pay-per-view event. Starting tonight, fans can register for their virtual seat to be part of upcoming shows via www.WWEThunderDome.com or at WWE’s Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages.

giphy.gif

I hope it's better than Raw Underground lol

I do wish WWE would do a Lucha Underground style show with insane storylines and an authority figure who's got a hard on for bloody ultraviolence.

They are heading in that direction with Rey losing an eyeball and Randy Orton punting old mens heads off, but it just looks so corny and dumb. I wish they would fully embrace it and get away from the TV PG restrictions.

ManaByte

Kevin Dunn, WWE’s executive vice president of television production, additionally told Sports Illustrated that the ThunderDome will not have a flat video wall like the NBA. Instead, the arena will have 1,000 LED boards with rows and rows of fans to simulate the WWE experience.

“We’re flying drones in the arena, we are putting a roof inside the Amway Center, and we’ll be able to project content onto the roof,” he added. “So when a big star like Drew McIntyre comes down to the ring, the whole arena will turn into his content with lasers, pyro, smoke, projections on the top of the building and on the floor. It will be a big, beautiful entrance, better than WrestleMania.”

Top Bottom