• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brexit |OT| UK Referendum on EU Membership - 23 June 2016

Did you vote for the side that is going to win?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromwell

Banned
this
is
the
best

giphy.gif

We're going to leave
Cameron will go and be replaced by Johnson
UK swings further to the right in the lead up to next general election
UKIP gain even more

this is the darkest timeline

I can't believe its going to be the fucking Welsh that have done us in to this extent.

You fucking fog eyed cunts. The EU was POURING money into your fucking gullets. I wish a dragon did occupy the fucking land and torch it.

In fairness, as much as it annoys me, the population of Wales means a marginal remain vote wouldn't be enough to overturn this gap anyway.

Probably not, because UK wasn't 100% in the EU in the first place, and will likely rebuild all the essential trade deals before making their leave official, making things economically similar between the EU and UK.

If Germany or France left, the EU would be in way more danger.

The EU has already said they won't allow this kind of horse trading until after Britain is officially out. Because if other countries see they will be economically fine by leaving, it'll encourage others who are already on the fence.

Turnout in Glasgow was just 56%, that's quite low! Perhaps the Scots are not as passionate about the referendum as one might think?

edit - To be fair it's higher elsewhere in Scotland.
75% during the independence referendum two years ago.

We voted Yes - the rest of Scotland (except Dundee) didn't.

It's looking like it won't make any difference even if turnout was 100%. But Scottish Labour and Tories will likely try and paint that picture anyway.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I can't believe its going to be the fucking Welsh that have done us in to this extent.

You fucking fog eyed cunts. The EU was POURING money into your fucking gullets. I wish a dragon did occupy the fucking land and torch it.

See this is the kind of English I like to read. The use of such non conventional vocabulary, from an American perspective, is a sight to behold.

Probably not, because UK wasn't 100% in the EU in the first place, and will likely rebuild all the essential trade deals before making their leave official, making things economically similar between the EU and UK.

Yep, we always kept one foot out of the door.

That's not to say there couldn't be a domino effect though.

LJ11

hahaha

Fascinating times, I knew it would be close going in, not sure there's been an election with the same economic impact in my lifetime, history right here.

Ash735

Fucking hell England are going absolutely ham ham ham to leave anywhere that isn't London.
Welcome to the UK's view of the Government, they only ever focused on London, so this is the North's way of saying "Hey, screw you, 30 years of nothing, this is us repaying".

El Topo

Do you have any idea what e.g. Germans would think of the government if they made concessions like that to the UK? Political suicide.

tomtom94

Hillary Benn is spot on - the problem isn't Labour voters, it's the Tories trying to rely on them to make up for losing their own party.

Meadows

Banned
People. If we leave we will survive. This country has good fundamentals.

Will we be damaged? Yes. Will it kill us? No.

This isn't the end of the world.

Hazzuh

It's feels like something out a greek tragedy that Cameron of all people is the one who is going to make Scotland leave the union and destroy the City as a financial hub.

2MF

Honestly, as someone struggling with severe depression, this kind of thing (which could impact me greatly) could be it. I don't know even know what to do.

Don't listen to all the fear. Honestly no one has any idea what will happen. The one thing that seems certain is that nothing will change for a while - leaving the EU doesn't happen overnight, it will take years for things to settle.

If you need help, we're here for you!

Audioboxer

Welcome to the UK's view of the Government, they only ever focused on London, so this is the North's way of saying "Hey, screw you, 30 years of nothing, this is us repaying".

I can empathise with that. It's the same way Scotland feels about the Tories and London. Just a shame England feel their only chance to get back at London is to take the country out of the EU.

Baybars

Banned
If the UK is a dumpster fire, Turkey is the entire dump being on fire. They are in the middle of transitioning into a dictatorship and picking fights with Russia.

Dictatorship yeah. Picking fights with russia? not so much as putin bringing entire jets and missiles to the turkish border.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom