• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

British stealth drone to undergo first test flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
Or for capitalism?

Western intervention in non-western countries largely revolves around trying to maintain hegemony over particular areas for the purposes of protecting various resources and goals that are beneficial to capitalism, i.e. oil etc. For example, do you really think the West hates Iran because of bad words about Israel? No, it hates Iran because Iran is an independent power that, if it succeeds in establishing itself as a serious anti-western power in the region, messes up the smooth relations with the ruling classes that the West currently has in the Middle East. This used to be much more explicit during the Cold War when we overthrew Mossadegh in favor of our crony the Shah; these days it's all covered up with the veneer of "fighting terrorism!!!"

When it becomes openly obvious that the West doesn't care about democracy in the Middle East, our leaders openly support dictators for the sake of "regional stability", hence support for Mubarak or the Saudis or the rulers of Bahrain, etc. All for the purpose of maintaining the flow of our capitalist economy.

Hystzen

Wonder how manged fund this either way damn looks like something a evil genius built

I honestly expect Iron Man or James Bond be in next pictures trying stop it

PJV3

So in six months there will be an announcement that we're scrapping the project, and we'll be buying something similar from the US? I never got over HOTOL being scrapped.

That thing looks bad ASS. Holy hell.

lion.jpg

Rule Britannia.

tanarisuvac.JPG

commedieu

Banned
Do you find putting body armor on soldiers to be similarly weird?

Body armor isn't a weapon though. Drones as they are now, have a high civilian casualty rate. Especially with double taps. Reform is on the way I'm sure, but I value life. So yes, 1 pilots life vs the target + collateral damage. Tis weird.

maybe if everyone had drones then we'd be getting somewhere.

heck, wars could just be a physical video game.

Thats what this is all going to turn into. We will save our soldiers lives, but kill so many others. The escalation is going to be beautiful. I just wanna get into building them so I can make some money. If ya cant beat em, join em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom