• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III - Zombies mode detailed

Ogbert

I'm not sure about that, cw zombies is super hard as well solo starting out, or even in a group, unless you really really know what you're doing; it isn't until you reach lvl 55 to unlock the knife and use aetherium to buy a ton of upgrades where it becomes quite a bit easier, the knife alone allows you to one shot every zombie up to round 9.
Once you get the schematics to craft more powerful things, and use aetherium to start packed right away, and also make use of the special thing for solo players: it's a friendly dog that kills enemies and can even revive you, then I'm sure you'll be able to make a lot of progress eventually.
I’ve played a bit more, and I’m not sure levelling is going to make much of a difference.

I’m currently trying to complete a mission where I need to take down a convoy and get a stronghold key off them. It’s not the damage. Simply that I can’t drive and shoot them at the same time. Perhaps you can cheese it and block their route. It’s simply that the game is so clearly designed to be played as a squad.

This, in turn, makes it potentially frustrating as randoms are not going to know what mission you are on and what you need.

It’s a lot of fun but it’s more DMZ than it is zombies.

Ogbert

So, a tip for those starting out. You’ll have a bunch of missions where you need to kill zombies with particular mods.

To get those mods, no need to group up. Go in solo and clear out the nests (not the contracts, rather the buildings with five nest points you need to shoot).

The chest you get seems to be best way of getting mods. Store them and use for later runs. You can clear three or four and then evac.

Nice and relaxed, plus you can do the daily at the same time.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Trailer for the content being added for the season that starts soon, gametrailers trailer because treyarch video is age gated:

Top Bottom