• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameplay Reveal Trailer | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

I never buy these games at full price so this campaign looks like fun to me. I'll be playing MW2 campaign soon when it's on sale and I've heard great things about it.

Diddy X

I played MW2019 and campaign was slow and boring so I pretty much ignored II and will do the same for this, original Cod 4 felt like such a better game.

jorgejjvr

I'll try the beta and judge from there but good design decisions already from a gameplay perspective

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Wasn’t this supposed to be DLC?
Yup, and now it's a full on release. They said they included all the MW2 maps as a "anniversary celebration". But it's hard to not feel like they also just did it because it was low hanging fruit for them, lol. I get there are "changes" made to multiplayer mechanics, but these changes are changes that take no time at all to implement, at least the ones they've talked about. I think I'm back on the "skip it" train with this one.

I forgot that they started doing that whole Blackcell thing now too. Even more off putting.

Last edited:

Neolombax

The lighting looks nice but I'm not a fan of the MW series moving towards stealth action, at least for the main campaign. This trailer didnt excite me the least. I'll be trying the open beta when that happens, and I'm curious to see how the zombie mode is, but not feeling this trailer at all.

Last edited:

twilo99

The changes to movement sound very good.. we will see if they actually deliver.

I was really hoping the ABK/MS bs would be done by now so I don't have to pay $70

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Having not played any of the nu-Modern Warfare CODs, were these games a reboot? A remake? Why are half of the story beats and characters just lifted directly from MW2 and 3 (the OGs)?

I remember playing the exact set piece from this trailer in MW2:

Kinda, but not
they were reimagined, same characters with new characters and a new story new decade.
but this one although also a reimagining looks like it's ripped a lot straight from MWII2009

salva

sam winchester yawn GIF

Salz01

It looks like I’ve played this a million times already. Why can’t they come up with something new. Also it doesn’t look like a war. It’s just tiny ops skirmishes. I rolled my eyes at the last one were you fight out of a jail. Miss the big set pieces, crazy shit of the older ones.

Salz01

Modern Doorfare 3.
🤣😂
This series needs destruction.... like blow down entire walls bldgs etc, like in Battlefield. But then people will argue it’s like battlefield then. CoD needs a serious revamp again. Even the campaign bit they showed this week almost put me to sleep. It’s seriously verdansk in campaign mode. Reselling the entire 2009 maps this year annoys me to no end. It’s like they’ve given up and just resell the same shot over again, and people still fucking buy it. Really going to try hard and pass this year. Or at the very least wait till a sale around Xmas. I’ve bought every single CoD each year since they first started it. I guess I’m a fucking moron.

I mean if u look at it I hate yearly release of sports game but when I look at this
16 maps for multiplayer at launch and 19 later
War mode
Campaign that looks solid
Zombies
For 70 bucks I think it's a solid deal

Top Bottom