• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameplay Reveal Trailer | Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III

Draugoth

Gold Member

A dark new chapter begins in Modern Warfare III 🔥
💪 Blockbuster campaign featuring new Open Combat Missions
🗺️ Iconic Multiplayer maps
🧟 The largest Call of Duty Zombies map ever

F3vvCavXsAIUXDu

F3vyOEBW0AAzY9s

Last edited:
"If you could picture a screenplay page where action would ordinarily be written, the typical version would be 'See X as we approach X, and X are moving toward X,'" Bloom said. "Now, I had at the very beginning in a bracket for every action that says, 'if/when.' That's an exciting development for us."

Bloom said the game includes branching dialogue trees that vary and react to player decisions, or even indecision. Discovering new areas in the game will trigger speech that you may miss the first time around. Sometimes, character lines will vary depending on whether the player is standing still, in a firefight or performing any kind of action. Bloom said the cast recorded lines in loud and soft tones, depending on how the player approaches situations.

"They're not just saying the same lines quietly or with a projected voice. There are things that would sound better in stealth, maybe would be more curt," Bloom said.

Sledgehammer and IW catching up to 2012 Treyarch...

Svejk

Had to put it on mute as soon as the song lyrics started. I thought the gaming industry has passed that let's revamp old songs and make them sound edgey trend. Guess I was wrong.

Chronicle

Not to sound too negative, but this just shows that you will do similar things in the game, with cod style graphics and gameplay, without the suspenseful music.

Saber

Gold Member
Doesn't look like gameplay at all to me, though what was showed isn't that terrible.

What kills me is that buying table. I hate those...

kevm3

Looks great. Considering MW2 might arguably be my favorite Call of Duty, I'm up for what is essentially an 'expansion' if they fill it full of content, vs them going off the rails and making some weird gameplay decisions. Adding about 10 more maps, more guns, and zombies is good

Kilau

Refresh my memory, a tier skip is when you pay for content in a season pass and then skip it without actually having to play?

The visuals as always look great and it just upsets me that they give me this uninspired shit instead of making a game with closer similarities to World War 2 (especially the Pacific Theater or even North Africa and Italy), The Korean War, The Vietnam War, The Gulf War, The Iraq War, The War in Afghanistan literally anything with a slight basis in reality, something actually interesting.

At least MW 2019 featured Benghazi Libya and the Raid on Osama Bin Laden. MW2 2022 and this look like fucking shit story wise.

Killer8

Having not played any of the nu-Modern Warfare CODs, were these games a reboot? A remake? Why are half of the story beats and characters just lifted directly from MW2 and 3 (the OGs)?

I remember playing the exact set piece from this trailer in MW2:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Dark aether zombies sounds great, but I'm not to sure about the format, open world+extraction? Kinda sounds like a worse version of outbreak. It sounds like they took DMZ, made it pve only and filled it with zombies...minimal effort; hope it turns out better than it sounds.

Top Bottom