• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Britney Spears is free

ManaByte

Britney Spears is free. A Los Angeles judge on Friday ended the conservatorship that has controlled the pop singer’s life and money for nearly 14 years.

The decision capped a stunning odyssey that saw Spears publicly demand the end of the conservatorship, hire her own attorney, have her father removed from power and finally win the freedom to make her own medical, financial and personal decisions for the first time since 2008.

“As of today, the conservatorship of the person and estate of Britney Jean Spears is hereby terminated,” Judge Brenda Penny said.

Happy Britney Spears GIF

She's either well enough that she can manage her own life, or unwell enough that she can't be made to perform shows in Vegas. You can't have it both ways. I have to think she was being used.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Hopefully she will stop paying her hangers on family and get to enjoy her own life. Good luck to her.

Star-Lord

Thank God the judge had the sense to see that her father was manipulating his position to gain access to her money. I’m glad she’s free of that bully now, and can really focus on rebuilding her life.

Tams

It's insane what happened to her. Her father and his lawyers really fucked her over.

She's got some pretty nutty fans though.

Everyone's shitting on pops now but just saying there's a greater than zero chance she ends up broke and dead of a drug overdose within 18 months.

highrider

Banned
Everyone's shitting on pops now but just saying there's a greater than zero chance she ends up broke and dead of a drug overdose within 18 months.

Yeah, I think people forgot the whole shaved head Britney losing her shit. She made some pretty terrible life decisions, seems heavily medicated when I see her on tv. Hopefully she has surrounded herself with better people otherwise I see this ending badly.

Ionian

Yeah, I think people forgot the whole shaved head Britney losing her shit. She made some pretty terrible life decisions, seems heavily medicated when I see her on tv. Hopefully she has surrounded herself with better people otherwise I see this ending badly.

The expression from the other artists is brilliant. She hadn't a clue how to dance anymore.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Did you ever stop and think that the shit her family put her through, never being loving parents and letting her have a normal life, but pushing her to stardom from a little girl on, then a teenage sex symbol, etc., as well as the industry was the reason for that episode?

Almost as if it were encouraged that way they could get the lockdown and milk her assets as their own.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Did you ever stop and think that the shit her family put her through, never being loving parents and letting her have a normal life, but pushing her to stardom from a little girl on, then a teenage sex symbol, etc., as well as the industry was the reason for that episode?

Almost as if it were encouraged that way they could get the lockdown and milk her assets as their own.
I'm a few years younger than her, so I didn't really think about it at the time. But looking back it's crazy that when she was 16 years old the media across the world were constantly asking her if she was a virgin and if she's had a boob job. Regardless of the answers those are insane things to be asking someone that age, and especially doing so on a global platform.

*Nightwing

She should set her desires aside and capitalize on this movement and launch a re-recorded directors cut special best of album so she owns it like Taylor Swift.
mNtIuRz.jpg

followed by the freedom tour out of spite and keep all the money for herself publishing how rich she is becoming for all to see end enjoy her poetic vengeance

KrakenIPA

This news got me thinking: there had to be people who's lives were led down similar paths as her, right?
Artists or musicians whose image was sold at a young age, controlled in many aspects of their lives, their conservators' abnormal greed for profit causing turmoil for all involved.
The similar subjects that come to mind for me died very early, I'm happy Britney Spears found the other side, I hope she can put some demons to rest and live her damn life.

highrider

Banned

I guess that’s possible, I just don’t see her family being that smart or even capable of being that nefarious. I could see them just hitched to the gravy train and not wanting it to end, but intentionally institutionalizing your kid is like some next level evil stuff. I think it’s more likely she just has mental problems, exacerbated by her pop star life and family.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I guess that’s possible, I just don’t see her family being that smart or even capable of being that nefarious. I could see them just hitched to the gravy train and not wanting it to end, but intentionally institutionalizing your kid is like some next level evil stuff. I think it’s more likely she just has mental problems, exacerbated by her pop star life and family.
That is basically what I was getting at. Not this evil master plan from the get go, but being opportunistic evil mofos doing the things they did as they popped up at the time.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The spears name is getting some traction, the music and dancing will likely carry on.

Flatline

Banned
Britney is mentally unstable and the twitter morons that campaigned for her "freedom" will get her killed. Her father might have been a douchebag but at least he kept her under control, the good kind. Watch the same morons who wanted her release endlessly rumor monger as she spirals out of control now.

K' Dash

When you're over 30, with kids, a demanding job and back to college this behavior is a completely normal phenomenon.

the older I get the more I understand why she went nuts, lol.

Last edited:
i just watched the netflix documentary the other day. i had no idea what was happening with her. i knew something was going on with her but i didn't pay much attention and i didn't realise the extent of it.

hope she finds happiness and peace.

Top Bottom