• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broken Sword: The Director's Cut - The Official Thread (Wii & DS)

Sloane

Banned
Apenheul said:
I couldn't imagine finding some stuff in a downscaled version.
Ever played the GBA version? Now, that was downscaled. :lol

Haven't had the time to play the iPhone version yet but I don't think such a function would be necassary. The only time I ever had trouble finding a hotspot in a Broken Sword game was on that island, Ketch's Landing? The puzzle with the feather and the cat...

International version should be available now, too, by the way. German, Italian, Spanish etc.

v1c

I couldnt pass up the ipod version since I played this back in the day but never finished it...seems like a great port so far. I love the music and voice acting...butttt im 10% into it...and am I really suppose to decipher this code out off the top of my head, trial and error style?.....

StuBurns

Banned
Bought the iPhone version yesterday, it's installed and ready, not fired it up yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait.

Xkiko

Been waiting for the pc version, but just recently got an iphone and thinking picking it up for it. Any iphone impressions? Might end up picking both versions since it's my favourite adventure game.

DOBERMAN INC said:
Downloading off steam right now, I think I own just about every version of BC1 they have released. I think it's time to remake 2.

I'm pretty sure Charles Cecil said on Eurogamers Podcast that they are already at work on BS2, I'd expect to see it next year sometime. Maybe the end of this year if we're lucky.

randomlyrossy said:
I'm pretty sure Charles Cecil said on Eurogamers Podcast that they are already at work on BS2, I'd expect to see it next year sometime. Maybe the end of this year if we're lucky.

That's good news, Really love the first game but I've played through it so many times after all these years.
That being said I'm going to start it again when my download is done.

Xkiko said:
Been waiting for the pc version, but just recently got an iphone and thinking picking it up for it. Any iphone impressions? Might end up picking both versions since it's my favourite adventure game.

I'd say the screen is a tad too small and it makes the interface a little bit more clunky than it should be. Aside from that it's just as good as the other versions and it has the voice acting too.

Just finished the PC version (10 hours in the last day :lol ) and loved it. I hadn't played it since it originally came out, when I was 6, and as a result I don't think I ever finished it. I seem to remember getting stuck at the fucking goat (surprise surprise?)

It was a lot funnier than I remembered, but also told a really intruiging muder mystery which is a difficult balance to get right. It felt like a true adventure.

My favourite thing is probably the way that the puzzles weren't ridiculously hard. A bit of logic always made the solution pretty obvious and there wasn't a reliance on dozens of items and combinations. The Monkey Island franchise is my favourite adventure game series, but my biggest complaint is that LucasArts tend to do too much with items in their games, often leading to me getting stuck. I only got stumped a few times in this game.

randomlyrossy said:
Hmm. This leaves me a dilemma! I have 2 and 3 on Steam, and was going to jump into them this week and next, but now maybe I'll wait for this. I really liked the Nico sections they added in this game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, weird. Impulse and D2D still has it at 9.99.

But that's cool. I was wondering if I needed to buy it now or if I could wait for Christmas and hope they sell it for like 1 dollar. :lol

Ledsen

Does the PC version of this also have that problem where the music is complete crap quality compared to the original?

Ledsen said:
Does the PC version of this also have that problem where the music is complete crap quality compared to the original?

Apparently so, at least according to Chris Tilton in the Steam thread. He wasn't pleased about it to say the least.

Shiggy

Just got this yesterday for iPhone (it's free)...is it normal that the game still talks about the "Wii Remote" despite being on a completely different platform?

Will the successor see a Wii release?

Shiggy said:
Just got this yesterday for iPhone (it's free)...is it normal that the game still talks about the "Wii Remote" despite being on a completely different platform?

Will the successor see a Wii release?

Don't recall it referring to the Wii Remote when I've played it, you've probably just stumbled upon a little leftover text.

And no the second game will not be getting a Wii release. At least not in the forseeable future and it doesn't look like it will ever happen as the Directors Cut didn't do as well on Wii and DS as hoped.

Top Bottom