• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers In Arms Trilogy available on GOG.com

Never heard of this site. I'll be sure to get these games though.
It's a great site! They sell DRM free games! Basically, you can buy and download each game installer separately and you can run it without any client, any online check, nothing!

Just like old CD/DVD installers! :D plus, you can make unlimited and legal backup of your own games installers!

They have also an optional, nice client called Galaxy! It's not required for playing games but it has nice things like cloud saves, achievements, etc... Oh and you can download your game installer from Galaxy too!

GOG is awesome, try it!

Futaleufu

Yep, GOG is a great store and ecosystem that brings its own flavour and advantages over other stores.

The BiA trilogy is also available in Steam.

Aintitcool

Banned
Damn I remember the huge hype for the last Brothers in Arms game how it was the most graphical intense WW2 game and gearbox was gonna deliver.

6/10 cause AI partners were horrible and enemies too.

bilderberg

RtH30 and Earned in Blood are classics. I remember being so hyped for Hell's Highway after their first gameplay reveal, then by the 3rd or so it just completely changed into something else.

stranno

I'm not a big fan of GOG. Historically, they have done the worst repacks ever seen in old PC games community.

But, well, at least they have improved their repacking skills a bit over time.

People is every time talking about the DRM in Steam/other games but gosh the outstading loads of crap GOG include in their games: Tons of shortcuts, license info (this is mandatory, of course, since most of their tools are open source), libraries, bat files. Why cant they keep it simple and remove all the Galaxy shit, at least from old games? IDK.

Last edited:
Tragic what happened to this franchise.

I was so excited to play Brothers in Arms on more powerful PS3/360 hardware because you could see the ambition of the PS2 titles... they were just held back by the technology of the time. More enemies, more intelligent squads, bigger maps (very important since many of the BiA maps are barely more than a corridor), and environmental destruction could've resulted in something really special.

And that was supposed to be Hell's Highway. Too bad it was nothing like that.

I hate the third game. They thought they were making the Saving Private Ryan of gaming but it was absolutely cringeworthy. I especially hated the CHECKPOINTS BEFORE UNSKIPPABLE CUTSCENES.

At least it had nice gore.

FranXico

I'm not a big fan of GOG. Historically, they have done the worst repacks ever seen in old PC games community.

But, well, at least they have improved their repacking skills a bit over time.

People is every time talking about the DRM in Steam/other games but gosh the outstading loads of crap GOG include in their games: Tons of shortcuts, license info (this is mandatory, of course, since most of their tools are open source), libraries, bat files. Why cant they keep it simple and remove all the Galaxy shit, at least from old games? IDK.
But they do keep it simple.
They use DOSBox to run ancient DOS games, and wrote their own wrapper for old DirectX versions.
The "Galaxy shit" only shows up in the game installation if you have Galaxy installed.
G.O.G. games can be launched without Galaxy. Can you do the same with Steam games?

stranno

But they do keep it simple.
They use DOSBox to run ancient DOS games, and wrote their own wrapper for old DirectX versions.
The "Galaxy shit" only shows up in the game installation if you have Galaxy installed.
G.O.G. games can be launched without Galaxy. Can you do the same with Steam games?
Well, yes, some Steam games dont have Steamstub or any kind of DRM at all, especially the old games (since, without the code, its hard to insert a DRM into the executable).

The Galaxy files are there even if you are not using the program, GOG games include far more crap files than any Steam release, using the same tools, wrappers and methods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom