• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bruce Willis will star in Death Wish reboot/revamp/remake

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

https://deadline.com/2016/03/death-...do-big-bad-wolves-charles-bronson-1201714438/

EXCLUSIVE: Paramount and MGM are setting Big Bad Wolves helmers Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado to direct Bruce Willis in Death Wish, the revamp of the Charles Bronson vigilante franchise that is adapted from the Brian Garfield novel. Production will begin by the summer, I hear. Paramount released the original 1974 hit in conjunction with the Dino De Laurentiis Company, and MGM ended up with those rights, which is why the studios are teamed. Roger Birnbaum is producing.

Maybe we'll get Death Wish IX after all...

The only thing here with a death wish is Willis's career.

From being a leading man with actual charisma to a piece of wood that can barely emote let alone act.

Snaku

Banned
NNXporD.gif

Weird thing to say, but...

I don't know if Bruce is going to even be able to live up to Kevin Bacon's take on that role, much less Bronson's.

(this will probably have more in common with Taken than anything Death Wish)

Then again, who even gives that much of a fuck about Death Wish

Alrus

The deathwish series is the one featuring rather graphic rape scenes right? Pretty weird they'd want to reboot that.

Dabanton

TBH I'm surprised it's taken this long for this to be rebooted it's the 'perfect' kind of movie for this age.

I want it to be as outrageously OTT as the original.

Making a movie about, and let's be honest here, a mass shooter going against the law, seems a bad idea to me right now.

Korigama

Eh, never liked the original in the first place, so it would be hard to picture them making it any worse.
Yep that's why I can never watch them and I love Revenge movies.
Quite. And even with being familiar with him in a later role as a villain in The Fly, I never would've pictured something like that as being how Jeff Goldblum got his start.

yup, Death Sentence is pretty ace.

Willis can still pull it off, but he needs a good director to, well, direct him. He was capital 'A' Amazing in Looper. But that was some time ago. Hopefully somebody switches his decaf to regular on set and bosses him around like he needs to.

Shame we never got that Liam Neeson / Joe Carnahan version of this. I think people would be a bit more excited about that.

G-Fex

I didn't say Death Wish was bad, just that people don't really give a fuck about 'em. They don't.

The first one's decent.

Three is a pretty enjoyable piece of shit in classic Cannon fashion.

Take it from me, I produced 'em.

Well maybe not the entire franchise, it should be just left alone but if they want to make a stupid bad new movie that will be 3.74 binned in 12 months time, then whatever.

also, foreign hotshots directing their first big studio film, last time MGM did that we got the deeply compromised Robocop 2014.

so keep your expectations in check. Also, The Brave One, with Jodie Foster, was a pretty good sorta-remake of Death Wish. Just sayin'.

I usually don't care for remakes, but this one might bring my username, PaulKersey, back to relevance! But probably not.

Love the series. Even the "dumb" ones.

Now just make a Mr. Majestyk!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
also, foreign hotshots directing their first big studio film, last time MGM did that we got the deeply compromised Robocop 2014.

The first Robocop was a Dutch director's first major international film.

kunonabi

I was mildly interested in the idea of a Death Wish remake when Stallone was attached to it but Willis isn't do anything for me.

It really should be a remake of death wish 3. The Giggler was the best/worst lead henchman ever.
"They killed the Giggler, man!"

maruchan

Death wish 3 is awesome I have that in Betamax , and makes it that much more awesome to watch .. Plus Alex winter gets killed by a fucking Bazakoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom