• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal Legend added to Steam registry

So I probably should've asked this way back on page 1 before I got all excited, but does anyone know how reliable these Steam registry entries are? Are we talking dead certainty here? High likelyhood?

Means it is generally just a question of time, but there are games in the registry which have never appeared or have taken ages.

I'll double-dip to support Double-Fine like I did for Psychonauts, but this was admittedly a big let down for me at the time. Even knowing about the RTS elements beforehand battles just felt messy in a bad way, and I wound up vastly preferring those few areas were you just got to explore and fight through smaller areas in a smaller group or by yourself.

scitek

I bought this game a few years ago on black friday for about 3 dollars and Its still wrapped. Is it worth giving it a playthrough?

I've always found many of Double Fine's games worth playing more for the humor and writing than the gameplay. Not that the latter's bad, but the writing's often that good.

PaulloDEC

Looks like Steven Dengler, aka Dracogen, aka the Angel Investor for several of Double Fine's PC ports knows some things he isn't saying :)

Nrl.png

Link: https://twitter.com/Dracogen/status/297914878151249920

Thanks to jeremywc on the Double Fine forums for the tip-off.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I probably should've asked this way back on page 1 before I got all excited, but does anyone know how reliable these Steam registry entries are? Are we talking dead certainty here? High likelyhood?

The very few things in the registry that did not get released on Steam (for example FFVII PC which has been there for 4-5 years) are quite old and were clearly planned at one point for release, it just fell through. When something is added to the registry today, it is because someone plans to release it soon. They don't just add speculative entries.

SparkTR

Sweet, Giants Citizen Kabuto looks really cool, and it's on GOG.

Definitely check out Sacrifice as well, it's on Steam and gog. It pretty much perfected the kind of gameplay Brutal Legend was going for in its RTS section.

There was also the Battlezone (?) series, that allowed you to play any unit on the map while commanding large scale battles.

Haunted

The first time I played the "Bring it on Home" solo (without knowing what it'd do) might be one of my top 10 moments of the generation.

HoosTrax

That's cute. They changed the "Brutal Legend" title in the Steam registry to have the generic "ValveTestApp" title. Why bother? Cat's out of the bag.

They did the same thing with Iron Brigade too. Added it to registry with the actual game name way ahead of release.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I double dip for every Double Fine game. Let's get this released so that I can re-play it.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
About time it hit PC. It seems insane to me to make a strategy game and not release it on the only platform that actually appreciates the genre.

Great game, I had a blast with it. The game world is going to look absolutely phenomenal in high res with proper AA.

Definitely check out Sacrifice as well, it's on Steam and gog. It pretty much perfected the kind of gameplay Brutal Legend was going for in its RTS section.

There was also the Battlezone (?) series, that allowed you to play any unit on the map while commanding large scale battles.

Will check that one out too.

I want Brutal Legend 2 :(

I don't even like RTS games and sure BL had bits of pain in the assness but it was sheer awesome and I want more!

Great game!

Top Bottom