• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bucking Trump, These Cities, States and Companies Commit to Paris Accord

marrec

Banned
I hope they do so they keep digging their own graves.

They won't dig their own graves. We cannot rely on the GOP or their voters to value consistency or logic, they've proven time and again that what they value is control and money. Their positions will constantly and unpredictably shift in order to achieve these goals.

Dyle

TIL there's a Milwaukie, OR, pop. 20,000. I hope that we'll see many more small cities like this join in too and follow the lead of the big cities, it will really help solidify the movement and ensure that action is taken nationwide.

Bollocks

What are the chances that Trump retaliates by "oh you're using clean energy and not coal?, well that puts you in a higher tax bracket."

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What are the chances that Trump retaliates by "oh you're using clean energy and not coal?, well that puts you in a higher tax bracket."

Offering tax incentives for not using clean energy is so stupid that I could certainly see the current administration doing it.

McBryBry

Good on Mayor Krewson. Really glad St Louis voted her in. I live on the other side of the river in the Metro East so I couldn't, but we're very much a part of the city as the city itself.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim

Wasn't he already trying to threaten states into using coal for "national security" purposes?

TIL there's a Milwaukie, OR, pop. 20,000. I hope that we'll see many more small cities like this join in too and follow the lead of the big cities, it will really help solidify the movement and ensure that action is taken nationwide.

Suburb of Portland. Phone still wants to confuse it with Milwaukee.

Xando

The unnamed group — which, so far, includes 30 mayors, three governors, more than 80 university presidents and more than 100 businesses — is negotiating with the United Nations to have its submission accepted alongside contributions to the Paris climate deal by other nations.
Do democrats only rule 3 states or what happened here?

Zaph

B1nFVxs.png

BriGuy

Watch us actually improve the environment despite that orange fuck and then have him swoop in and claim the credit for it. I guess that's still preferable to the (likely) alternative though.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I knew Inslee and Brown would be mentioned specifically. They seem to relish in racing to be the first to give Hair Fuhrer a big "Fuck off!"

taybul

Ctrl + F "WV", 0 results. Not surprising I guess.

Wonder if it's possible for states to secede and form a new nation in this day and age. Trump and his base can have "America First" and the rest can be "America Best".

Kenai

Knew Bloomington would be on that list before long. Glad to see Gary there, expect to see Indianapolis soon.

Shitty state overall and I'm glad I'm leaving but there's people with their heads on straight here.

Do democrats only rule 3 states or what happened here?

It has been less than a day since the United States of Climate Alliance has been created, also it looks like other governors have said they will uphold the Paris agreement. In addition more mayors have been saying they will uphold the agreement too.

Mayor Sylvester Turner
City of Houston, TX

Hell yes! Oh this is deliciously exciting considering the oil companies based here. I predict a lot of them acting like they're in on it too but actually not doing much when you dig into their practices. (See: Exxon)

I gotta give Charlie Baker credit. He was of the first ones to announce commitment to the Paris Accord. Dude clearly is not afraid at all of any possible primary challenge from the right.

j-wood

This is fantastic but there is one thing that kinda sucks. If these cities and businesses really continue to invest in this sector, they our economy is going to see the boons and growth from that.

While that's a great thing, we all know Trump and republicans will not separate that data and link it properly, instead taking the stance of "see? I told you all pulling out of the accord was a good deal! Look at how much we're growing!"

RinsFury

Good to see. Get fucked Trump, you piece of shit. Imagine if all the major cities in this country could unite and rise up against this monster.

Top Bottom