• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bully 2 news teased by GameInformer's Senior Associate Editor and Tom Henderson

GymWolf

Expectations for the remaster of bully before gta trilogy collection

4b43edbf12941b7227a2dbaf4c5ef9e6.jpg

Expectations after the gta trilogy collection

74728700-funny-standing-old-man-character-vector-illustration.jpg

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Theoretically a modern day bully virtually bullies someone kinda through zoom, Twitter etc. I hope there’s a sequel.

I can't imagine what direction a modern Bully title would go in, too many people are too easily upset.

Maybe best just to leave a sequel shelved.

GymWolf

Bully 2 protagonist is probably gonna be somethimg similar to indian flash thompson from the shitshow that are the new spiderman movies...

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'm gonna have to bite, because Gaf always acts like R* is the most woke developer on the planet and I'm not seeing it - what gives?

Disclaimer, I know that the lead talent is already gone and that future games will probably kinda suck as a result. But what's the with the turbo-woke accusations?

Was it just the feminist march mission in RDR2, is that it? All I can think is I missed something massive in GTA:O because I barely touched that dung heap.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I'm gonna have to bite, because Gaf always acts like R* is the most woke developer on the planet and I'm not seeing it - what gives?

Disclaimer, I know that the lead talent is already gone and that future games will probably kinda suck as a result. But what's the with the turbo-woke accusations?

Was it just the feminist march mission in RDR2, is that it? All I can think is I missed something massive in GTA:O because I barely touched that dung heap.

There is literally no big budget, mainstream media that doesn't cater to the woke crowd today.

Rockstar doesn't seem particularly woke to me but they also don't seem stupid.

I'm also not sure if wokeness has reached its peak yet. Take a look at who Naughty Dog just hired. A seemingly insane, racist person who went after Naughty Dog for not being woke enough in TLoU 2.

Woke power is strengthening, not fading.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Was that a very limited time offer? I just checked the MS Store on my Xbox and it's $15. That's not much of a "sale" for such an old game. Can pick up a physical copy on ebay for $11.
I just noticed it last night and it was $5 or so along with Rockstar Table Tennis. RDR1 was $10. I guess I didn't know the dates it was going on, but I posted about it last night too. North America Xbox store.

Yoboman

Before people get excited... we live in current year. Imagine the current year cultural injection.

Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Could be the best part about it. Bullies not just jocks but idiot wokelords and edgy q anon freaks alike

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Anyone?

Confused High Quality GIF

DustQueen

Banned
Dan is gone... I am not his biggest fan but i am afraid without him it ll be called something like "Bullied" n will be an erotic survival horror where we play as trangender non binary finding it's true love while hiding from the bullies in the locker room.

AV

It's not about woke. We live in the social gaming era, Rockstar doesn't care much about single player games. Those are small potatoes.
No interest in a GaaS title.

That's fine, but my question WAS about woke which like 6+ people in this thread have already accused R* of being. Happens every R* thread.

Then you ask what people are talking about and it's radio silence.

It's not about woke. We live in the social gaming era, Rockstar doesn't care much about single player games. Those are small potatoes.
No interest in a GaaS title.

What a ridiculous statement. Their last game was a predominantly single player game that was massive in scope and budget. In fact, basically every single game they've ever released has been focused purely on single player content.

"Rockstar doesn't care much about single player games"

Haha

That's fine, but my question WAS about woke which like 6+ people in this thread have already accused R* of being. Happens every R* thread.

Manufactured outrage as usual.

Rockstar is "woke"

Rockstar "doesn't care about single player games"

And yet the evidence to back such ridiculous statements either doesn't exist or is so flimsy it means nothing. If you listen to people here GTAVI is already doomed, despite not even being officially announced yet let alone having any sort of information to base an opinion on.

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Bully in 2021 doesn't work, even with trigger warnings they still would get canceled in the first trailer. The insults would be so retarded nobody would even understand them.
People protested the first Bully game the day it was announced. There will be nothing worse than last time. Idiots will yell, the game will come out, people will like it, no one will listen to the idiots.

Warablo

The only thing I know about Rockstar being woke was that there were rumors that GTA 6 would be way toned down and have some wokeness aspects to it.

dotnotbot

The only thing I know about Rockstar being woke was that there were rumors that GTA 6 would be way toned down and have some wokeness aspects to it.
There were also rumors about GTA Trilogy remasters having content changes for modern audiences and it turned out to be completely false.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
People protested the first Bully game the day it was announced. There will be nothing worse than last time. Idiots will yell, the game will come out, people will like it, no one will listen to the idiots.
It’s a completely different world today than it was back then. Snowflakes always win today.

bender

What time is it?

We are just in a different cultural climate. A lot of the satire in the old GTA games would garner a lot more scrutiny today than upon their initial releases. When GTA6 releases, it will be over a decade since the previous entry. The writing since the PS2 era has become more serious so it's probably time to retire a lot of the more sophomoric humor anyhow as it conflicts too much with the tone they are trying to set. GTA IV tried unsuccessfully to mix a serious narrative in a world full of dick and ball jokes and was a worse product because of it.

Droxcy

It's been in the rumor mill for years already they'd be insane not to profit from the franchise. Will it be some woke bullshit that is super watered down and easy to sell..I hope not but we've seen GTA Trilogy get approved and released in a shit state, anything bad or offensive removed and rated down for babies to enjoy.

Hopefully without the brother at the studio they didn't lose focus on what makes their games fun and classic.

Yoboman

It’s a completely different world today than it was back then. Snowflakes always win today.
It really isn't. I suggest you look up Jack Thompson

Every GTA and Bully were followed by controversy, attempted bans and censorship. If Rockstar can no longer handle the heat from that, then it says more about who they've become in 2022 than society

Last edited:

AV

We are just in a different cultural climate. A lot of the satire in the old GTA games would garner a lot more scrutiny today than upon their initial releases. When GTA6 releases, it will be over a decade since the previous entry. The writing since the PS2 era has become more serious so it's probably time to retire a lot of the more sophomoric humor anyhow as it conflicts too much with the tone they are trying to set. GTA IV tried unsuccessfully to mix a serious narrative in a world full of dick and ball jokes and was a worse product because of it.

I think the satire in the older games would certainly draw more attention due to the presence of social media and clickbait websites that didn't exist at the same level in the early 2000s, sure, though I'm not sure how valid the scrutiny would be. As for GTA V I can't even really remember anything notable outside of the obvious jabs at consumerism that are in all of these games.

It just feels like that's not what people are talking about when they say "wokestar" and that I missed some event or news story. There's nothing woke in GTA V - hell, the biggest controversy outside interactive torture was that it was misogynistic somehow - and we haven't seen GTA VI at all yet. My theory is still that people are mad at the suffragette in RDR2, at least until someone can tell me what else they're mad about.

AV

There were also rumors about GTA Trilogy remasters having content changes for modern audiences and it turned out to be completely false.

99% true, they removed one image of a confederate flag from a shirt, that's it. Considering they kept in everything else including the cross-dressing psycho killer, it was a real nothingburger that some people on this forum got incredibly whipped up into a frenzy about.

Top Bottom