• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie answers Halo 2 questions...

MrparisSM

Banned
Not sure if this is old news? Haven't seen it posted yet.

>Hands raised for Halo 2
>Bungie releases massive after-market QA
>15th Nov 2004
>
>Related Links Companies Bungie
>Titles Halo 2
>Link to This Article http://news.spong.com/x?art=7986
>Following the release of Halo 2 and the predictable complaints from the gaming community, which again has to discover that it's a videogame they just bought: not a piece of magic, Bungie has decided to go on the record to address some of the more frequently asked questions.
>
>A full transcript appears below:
>
>Everyone and their mom asks: When I play Halo 2 on 480p, my HUD is cut off on the left and right. What gives, you jerks?
>
>We found out that some HDTVs (and we know it happens with a variety of different TVs) cut off some elements of the HUD when displayed in 480p and that the problem can be exacerbated in Widescreen mode. We also know that there are TONS of diferent TV makes and models out there and this problem does not happen on many of them. The good news is that the test team is working on a potential fix for this problem and we hope to have more information very soon. You can help us out by sharing your specs for your television in the post pinned in New Mombasa forum, since it seems to be better and worse on different sets. We understand the problem has caused lots of irritation and frustration and we don't take that lightly. The problem can be fixed completely by switching to 480i and to be honest, it happens on one of my sets (but not the other!) and I don't really mind it. I still prefer playing in 480p, even with that fault. But like we said, the test team is working on a more permanent and happier solution. Please bear with us.
>
>
>Everyone else and their dad asks: I am suffering unusually long wait times while attempting to join a matchmade game. Why is this crap happening to ME? I am a good person.
>
>This is also being worked on and a potential fix is going through additional testing. The problem arose as we saw tens of thousands of users on Live. It really is a consequence of their being so many damn people on Live. This one we think we have figured out and we should be able to fix it soon. We are optimistic the process can be made a LOT faster. In the interim, please be patient, your game will start eventually. And, please keep in mind that if you're playing in a playlist that has less activity or more specific rules, i.e. 8 of you are waiting to get matched against another 8 person Clan, there will always be a little longer wait.
>
>
>Some dudes from a strange part of town ask: I keep getting "Dirty Disc" / "Failed to Load Map" errors and yet I give frequently to charity and floss daily. Why then is a cruel god mocking me?
>
>This is an old story, old as CDs, in fact. This issue occurs when your Xbox fails to load a multiplayer map. In most cases, if you reset your box, the map will load properly next time. If you find you get this error consistently, it's recommended that you clean your game disc using a soft, lint-free cloth and try again. Please give our support center a call if cleaning the disc doesn't eliminate the message. This issue is being investigated to see what we can do to make it a little better. And just so you know, we deliberately placed all the maps in an easy to access part of the DVD to try to allay that problem before it ever occurred.
>
>
>Seventeen furious dudes from Texas ask: Why in the name of sweet Holy Carl can't I just choose a Team Slayer game from OptiMatch?
>
>We are also still evaluating our existing playlists and gametypes within each playlist based on activity so far and all the feedback we've been receiving. We will have some initial adjustments soon, which are substantial and should make a lot of you happy (like the Team Slayer players). In the meantime, you should keep playing anyway, since part of the point is to open up new game modes to players, and more importantly, use the Party system to create parties and play any gametypes you like. That's what it's for! And, this isn't immediately obvious, but you can send a party invite to someone straight from the post game carnage report. If you want to group up with players you just played with, when the game is over, scroll through the post game carnage report, select the player and then you can send them a party invite. You DON'T have to be on someone's friends list to be in their party.
>
>
>Several angry audiophiles ask: Halo 2 does not send a signal to my subwoofer/LFE. What's up?
>
>Here is the skinny. In Halo 1 we sent all signal through the LFE as well. After we shipped we realized that 99% of commercial decoders "redirect" the Front-Left and Front-Right signals to the subwoofer. So in effect in Halo 1 we doubled up on our bass unintentionally.
>
>For Halo 2 we decided to do what commercial decoders are expecting and we use a 5 channel mix (four surround plus center) and count on the decoder to be set up properly to redirect the front speaker signal to the subwoofer. We intended on then utilizing the LFE at times (as we can send full 5.1 mixes through the audio chip) but time and disk space got in the way. You have not seen the last of the audio content for Halo 2 however...
>
>This is a long winded way of saying that if your decoder is set up properly your subwoofer should be jumping. Mine is. =)
>
>
>Logicdustbin asks: Once in a while, the voice chat switches from my head set to the TV speakers, and after a little bit, it goes back to the head set. I've played about 35 games, quickmatch, and this has happened about 6 times. This doesn't mess up my gaming......its just weird.
>
>Although it's possible there's a loose Live "puck" or headphone cable, what seems more likely is that some of the people you are playing against are simply using proximity chat which causes close proximity voices to come through TV. Those are usually bad guys sneaking up to your flag... In your player profile settings, you can choose to have voice output mixed (TV and Live headset), TV speakers only, Live headset only or disable it all together.
>
>
>UberJim asks: I have seen a level called Foundation in some online games, but I don't have that level in my list. What gives?
>
>It's a secret, unlockable level and it rules. More on that next week.
>
>
>The Prophet11 asks: I want to change my horizontal split screen to veritcal split on widescreen. How do I do that?
>
>Simply change the setting on your Xbox dashboard to widescreen, or back to normal to re-enable horizontal split screen.
>
>
>NintendoNo1 asks: I see textures popping on cutscenes. Is something wrong with my copy of the game?
>
>No, those textures popping in are part of the small price you pay for no loading times. Since they use the game-engine, we are loading geometry and textures from all over the game, different levels, scenarios and creatures, as well as dialog and music. We could have made it into video, and streamed it from the disk, but then there would have been loading times. We felt this was much better for the gameplay experience.
>
>
>Eamox asks: When playing on Beaver Creek, I try to go through the teleporter and I pop right back. What's causing that?
>
>Someone or something is blocking the teleporter exit. Keep trying 'til they move.
>
>
>Tungtza asks: Is it possible to board a boosting vehicle? And do you have any tips?
>
>Generally, no. Not only is it moving too fast to catch hold of or board, it's also likely to smash your bones into milk, since the game measures mass and speed when calculating impacts. A Banshee weighs a lot more than a couple of tons. My boarding tips are pretty straightforward. If I so much as hear a vehicle near me I press X just in case. Also, jumping on top of vehicles from height can catch the driver unawares, since they're likely to be looking straight ahead, not up. I also jump to avoid being splattered.
>
>
>Elite Operative asks: Will there be downloadable updates and maps? Will there be new Campaign stuff?
>
>Yes. We have not announced a schedule yet, but we will be making new downloadable multiplayer maps. They rock too. I've played a couple. There will likely never be downloadable Campaign content, however.
>
>
>Jones 122 asks: Will there be a Halo 3 and will it be for Xbox 2?
>
>Technically, MS hasn't even announced an Xbox 2. As for Halo 3, Bungie is in the process of discussing and planning its next projects. No decisions have been announced at this time. Man, I even annoyed myself with that response.
>
>
>Helio 113 asks: Frankie, are you bald because you can't grow hair, because you think you look cooler that way, or to aid you in swimming? I'll bet if the Bungie Pentathlon included a swimming event you'd own.
>
>I am bald because of some terrible act I committed in a former life, probably. I shave it down to the skin to frighten crows.
>
>
>Vidmaster Mike asks: Why did you guys place the DVD and the game disc on top of each other in the Collector's Edition? Couldn't this scratch the discs?
>
>Actually, if you look carefully,you'll see that they don't actually touch each other, thanks to a clever spindle device. But as always, we recommend careful handling and less eating snacks off the discs.
>
>And so it ends*

MrparisSM said:
>Some dudes from a strange part of town ask: I keep getting "Dirty Disc" / "Failed to Load Map" errors and yet I give frequently to charity and floss daily. Why then is a cruel god mocking me?
>
>This is an old story, old as CDs, in fact. This issue occurs when your Xbox fails to load a multiplayer map. In most cases, if you reset your box, the map will load properly next time. If you find you get this error consistently, it's recommended that you clean your game disc using a soft, lint-free cloth and try again. Please give our support center a call if cleaning the disc doesn't eliminate the message. This issue is being investigated to see what we can do to make it a little better. And just so you know, we deliberately placed all the maps in an easy to access part of the DVD to try to allay that problem before it ever occurred.

Wrong answer, Bungie! Good answer is: Your Xbox is equipped with a crappy Thomson DVD drive. If you had a Samsung or Philips drive in your Xbox, this wouldn't happen to you. MS will gladly replace it for you and glady screw you over in the process by charging you $100 to change a $40 piece of equipment. Thanks for buying a Xbox.

COCKLES

being watched
>Jones 122 asks: Will there be a Halo 3 and will it be for Xbox 2?
>
>Technically, MS hasn't even announced an Xbox 2. As for Halo 3, Bungie is in the process of discussing and planning its next projects. No decisions have been announced at this time. Man, I even annoyed myself with that response.

So it's not a 'no' ;)

Sysgen

NintendoNo1 asks: I see textures popping on cutscenes. Is something wrong with my copy of the game? > >No, those textures popping in are part of the small price you pay for no loading times. Since they use the game-engine, we are loading geometry and textures from all over the game, different levels, scenarios and creatures, as well as dialog and music. We could have made it into video, and streamed it from the disk, but then there would have been loading times. We felt this was much better for the gameplay experience.

Apparently most reviewers would rather have long loading times than some late draw. I'll take the late draw anyday.

Sysgen said:
Apparently most reviewers would rather have long loading times than some late draw. I'll take the late draw anyday.

same

the less loading time the better for me....it KEEPS me immersed when there is no loading. Thats something I loved about Metroid prime. No loading....i was so immersed whenever I played metroid, not only because of the enviroments and what not but also because of no loading screen that would take me out of the experience.

and yes, i have ADD

peace

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Loading times are the forgotten bane of video games, bungie did a good job keeping them out of halo 2.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Sysgen said:

Or perhaps they didn't even consider that and simply noted it as a glitch?

Regardless of whether the game had long load times or popping textures, both issues are problems that would be noted in a review. I would most certainly accept popping textures for less loading, though.

Halo 2 really benefits from no loading. Heck, even when it IS loading, the actual load screen is actually really damn cool.

Sysgen

Ghost said:
Loading times are the forgotten bane of video games, bungie did a good job keeping them out of halo 2.

Do people even realize that when you die, you pickup immeadiately. Good stuff.

Edit: We as consolers take things like this for granted. Kudos to any developer that has the gamer in mind.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hadn't read that. that's good news, especially about the wait times. (which aren't that absured anyway)

>The Prophet11 asks: I want to change my horizontal split screen to veritcal split on widescreen. How do I do that?
>
>Simply change the setting on your Xbox dashboard to widescreen, or back to normal to re-enable horizontal split screen.

That is so fucking annoying. Why can't they just let you choose in the options/settings menu... a lot of other splitscreen games have the option.

Ranger X

The answer about the bump mapping appearing in our face during cut-scene is the shittiest. Common, it won't screw the gameplay it's a cut-scene. We could have had 2-3 seconds loading for the bump mapping and nobody would have a complain. Bad design choice imo.

ATJaguarX

Banned
I wouldn't have minded the late draw if they mentioned it earlier. I was highly dissapointed in MS for releasing a game with such a "glitch". "How could MS release it's flag ship title with late draw not even found in $9.99 bargain bin games?". Now that I know it's there to save loading time, it doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Wyzdom said:
The answer about the bump mapping appearing in our face during cut-scene is the shittiest. Common, it won't screw the gameplay it's a cut-scene. We could have had 2-3 seconds loading for the bump mapping and nobody would have a complain. Bad design choice imo.

Having loading during the cutscenes would have not been a good choice. I question if you've even played the game.

Ranger X

PanopticBlue said:
Having loading during the cutscenes would have not been a good choice. I question if you've even played the game.

Loading BEFORE a cut-scene. Where else is it supposed to be?

Guess you haven't played the game then. The pop-in happens throughout the cutscenes, even after a simple camera change in the same environment. Also, it wouldn't be 2-3 seconds like you suggest because during the cutscenes, it is busy loading the next level in the background.

Tellaerin

PanopticBlue said:
Guess you haven't played the game then. The pop-in happens throughout the cutscenes, even after a simple camera change in the same environment. Also, it wouldn't be 2-3 seconds like you suggest because during the cutscenes, it is busy loading the next level in the background.

The odd thing is, the pop-in's barely perceptible for me. Sometimes I'll catch it for maybe a half-second, but it's not nearly as pronounced as some people have made it out to be. And I get the impression I'm not the only one who's had that experience--it seems to be a lot more noticeable on some peoples' Xboxes than others. What I'm wondering is why. Maybe it has to do with the amount of stuff in the HD cache and seek times when loading the textures?

I think it's entirely dependent on your dvd drive. I have two Xboxes, one of them is a Thomson, the other a Samsung. The cutscenes are definitely worse on the Thomson. Also, it seems to be less a problem once you get further in the game anyway.

Ranger X

PanopticBlue said:

It pops during the cut-scene because the cut scene is also streaming. Still think they could have loaded the bump mapping before the cut-scene of buff it somehow in advance.
And even if the cost of that would be small black screen or whatever made loading time a little bit before or/and after the scene, i would choose that solution.
Loading is bad when there's too much imo. A couple of small loading time here and there doesn't hurt.
It all comes down to tastes and it was there choice to make it that way. If you ever play my games someday though, you'll have to suffer a couple of seconds of loading to get a top notch cut-scene in exchange. ;)

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
Tellaerin said:
The odd thing is, the pop-in's barely perceptible for me. Sometimes I'll catch it for maybe a half-second, but it's not nearly as pronounced as some people have made it out to be. And I get the impression I'm not the only one who's had that experience--it seems to be a lot more noticeable on some peoples' Xboxes than others. What I'm wondering is why. Maybe it has to do with the amount of stuff in the HD cache and seek times when loading the textures?

If you have it installed on your hard drive, it's almost completely imperceptible. So I'm guessing the quality of your xbox HD does affect this.

shpankey

not an idiot
AtomicShroom said:
Wrong answer, Bungie! Good answer is: Your Xbox is equipped with a crappy Thomson DVD drive. If you had a Samsung or Philips drive in your Xbox, this wouldn't happen to you. MS will gladly replace it for you and glady screw you over in the process by charging you $100 to change a $40 piece of equipment. Thanks for buying a Xbox.

actually, for most of us (including me) they repaired it for free, they went so far as to pay the --to and fro-- shipping costs and even had the fed-ex man come by my house to pick it up from me, on their own, all completely on their dime. so yes, i was very thankful for buying an xbox. most people i know that had bad xbox's had this done for them. we just called the 800 number and once they got the serial number they bent over backwards to get it fixed, for free. had the xbox back within a week.

on the other hand, i had to replace my daughters gamecube on my own dime when one day, it started givng me an error about 15 minutes into a game, for no apprent reason. after waiting awhile i could get it to play again for a bit then same error. called nintendo and got a big "fuck off". was not so happy about buying a gamecube then. :/ but alas my daughter wanted it so i bought her another one.

joaomgcd

shpankey said:
actually, for most of us (including me) they repaired it for free, they went so far as to pay the --to and fro-- shipping costs and even had the fed-ex man come by my house to pick it up from me, on their own, all completely on their dime. so yes, i was very thankful for buying an xbox. most people i know that had bad xbox's had this done for them. we just called the 800 number and once they got the serial number they bent over backwards to get it fixed, for free. had the xbox back within a week.

The same exact thing happened to me. Fed-ex guy and everything else, all for free. MS' service is actually good... at least it was for me. :)

truthfully, i only noticed the pop-in after people mentioned it, then i had to look and watch out for it.. and it still doesn't happen during every cutscene... and as for the possibility of team slayer playlists... WOOHOO!!!

and yes, foundation does rock... 4 Team CTF!?!? GO GO GO!!

I can see the Bungie company conference next week:

Bungie exec 1: OK guys, lets figure out what we're going to do now that Halo 2 wrapped.

Bungie designer 1: Well, I had this really cool idea about dino --

Microsoft offical bursts in through the window.

Microsoft rep: Don't even f-cking think about it. Halo 3. Now.

It does seem like they've backed off their "we'd like to try something outside of Halo for our next game" stance though.

shpankey

not an idiot
maybe it's because i have an hdtv and play in 480p, but the texture pop in thing is EXTREMELY evident when i'm playing. it actually does happen in every single cutscene, and happens in gameplay and is so noticeable it is distracting and annoying.

this may be because my tv's picture is an ISF calibrated picture and is therefore unbelievable crisp, clean and clear and i can see fine details like you wouldn't believe. so the texture thing is just BAM in your face!

dark10x

Wyzdom said:
Loading BEFORE a cut-scene. Where else is it supposed to be?

The problem with this is that Halo 2's cutscenes often switch between two completely different areas with different models and textures. They wanted to keep it like a movie and move between the areas with the music timing and everything.

Most games don't do this with their cutscenes. MGS2, for example (the master of the realtime cutscene), really doesn't shift scenes at all. The action always occurs in very specific areas.

Xenosaga used videos of realtime scenes when they needed to switch between areas. Other games simply have pauses between the cuts, which Bungie obviously didn't want to do.

They NEED to fix that HUD glitch (which actually relates the entire screen being zoomed in) in 480p. Not everyone uses fixed pixel displays for gaming...

thorns

Banned
pop-in happened to me maybe 2-3 times, barely noticable and for sure nothing to make a big deal about it at all.

shpankey

not an idiot
MrparisSM said:
>Several angry audiophiles ask: Halo 2 does not send a signal to my subwoofer/LFE. What's up?
>
>Here is the skinny. In Halo 1 we sent all signal through the LFE as well. After we shipped we realized that 99% of commercial decoders "redirect" the Front-Left and Front-Right signals to the subwoofer. So in effect in Halo 1 we doubled up on our bass unintentionally.
>
>For Halo 2 we decided to do what commercial decoders are expecting and we use a 5 channel mix (four surround plus center) and count on the decoder to be set up properly to redirect the front speaker signal to the subwoofer. We intended on then utilizing the LFE at times (as we can send full 5.1 mixes through the audio chip) but time and disk space got in the way. You have not seen the last of the audio content for Halo 2 however...
>
>This is a long winded way of saying that if your decoder is set up properly your subwoofer should be jumping. Mine is. =)

As far as I know, this is actually innacurate.

Here is an excertp from my JBL subwoofer FAQ:

Question: Which Powered subwoofer input is better? Speaker Level or Line Level?

Answer: In most cases, either signal input method will do the same job. A true line level signal is always better when being sent to an amplifier. When a speaker level signal is converted back to a line level only to be re-amplified again, the audio signal passes through more electronics than necessary. In this situation, the potential for signal degradation exists. However, with low frequencies, any noise amplified by speaker level conversion is not very audible. One would need to have a trained ear to notice a difference between line and speaker level connections. If possible, use line level inputs.

Now let me explain. The fashion that this Bungie employee is telling you to hook your sub up is with what JBL explains here as "Speaker Level". The way the Bungie employee is telling you to not have it hooked up is what JBL explains here as "Line Level" which is LFE.

Having the front-left/right signals redirected to the subwoofer is a way that is possible to setup your system but is in fact an inferior setup and is NOT recommended by any subwoofer company. It is technically inferior if your amp supports LFE (ie: Line Level) and Bungie suggesting you to do this is a bit rediculous. I wouldn't expect Marty would approve of this suggestion and I can not believe he even knows about it, lest he would have them retract it immediately.

GhaleonEB

thorns said:
pop-in happened to me maybe 2-3 times, barely noticable and for sure nothing to make a big deal about it at all.

The haters need something to gripe about. Between this, the ending and the 'short' campaign (it's huge dammit!) they've had a field day.

I'm fine with the pop up and support Bungie's quest to get rid of loading times altogether. One at the start and that's it? I'll take it.

I should note that it was Peter Moneluuxzereerexd at Lionhead who promised this for Fable, and just look at the load times in that game. They had a lot to do with why I returned it. Bungie delivered on Peter's promise - without boasting about it in advance. They just did it.

shpankey

not an idiot
I'm certainly no hater, to say the least. :lol but to say the pop-in happened 2-3 times in the game is just flat out lying. The pop-in happens at all times and never stops. I can see it by just walking a few steps away from dead bodies on the ground. I see it in every cutscene save not one.

Again, it may be because of my crystal clear and crisp HDTV that I see it, but it's there at all times and if you don't see it, your either blind or have a really shitty TV or both. It is a perpetual thing that is in constant "popping of the in". ;)

GhaleonEB

shpankey said:
I'm certainly no hater, to say the least. :lol but to say the pop-in happened 2-3 times in the game is just flat out lying. The pop-in happens at all times and never stops. I can see it by just walking a few steps away from dead bodies on the ground. I see it in every cutscene save not one.

Again, it may be because of my crystal clear and crisp HDTV that I see it, but it's there at all times and if you don't see it, your either blind or have a really shitty TV or both. It is a perpetual thing that is in constant "popping of the in". ;)

I saw it in about four cut-scenes and in a few early levels - and that's it. I'm not blind and my TV is pretty decent. And I have a whiny Thompson drive, to boot......

shpankey

not an idiot
so you don't see it when walking away from enemies accumulated on the ground? hell, i can see it happening in several stages even

Shompola

Banned
Yah I was kinda shocked in a good way when I saw the cut scenes for the first time myself. The pop ups are there but they are so minimal. And some cut scenes don't even have them. Actuallyt he pop in on dead bodies is more annoying if anything.

xexex

Banned
ones 122 asks: Will there be a Halo 3 and will it be for Xbox 2?
>

dun dun dun :)

GhaleonEB

shpankey said:
so you don't see it when walking away from enemies accumulated on the ground? hell, i can see it happening in several stages even

If by 'pop up' you mean bodies disappearing or appearing, no. If you mean you can see the LOD shift slightly, yup. You could see that on every character in Halo, too. It's so minor I never really notice it.

dark10x

shpankey said:

I doubt that it only occured a few times on his XBOX, but you should know that it does vary per system and per play. The pop-ups were worse when I first played the game, but upon watching the intro a second time (days later), the pop-ups were reduced significantly (I remember this due to the fact that, at one point, entire character models popped up...but when I saw it the second time, that didn't occur). I'd imagine that older XBOXes with issues might end up with more of these problems...

Argyle

shpankey said:
As far as I know, this is actually innacurate.

Here is an excertp from my JBL subwoofer FAQ:

Question: Which Powered subwoofer input is better? Speaker Level or Line Level?

Answer: In most cases, either signal input method will do the same job. A true line level signal is always better when being sent to an amplifier. When a speaker level signal is converted back to a line level only to be re-amplified again, the audio signal passes through more electronics than necessary. In this situation, the potential for signal degradation exists. However, with low frequencies, any noise amplified by speaker level conversion is not very audible. One would need to have a trained ear to notice a difference between line and speaker level connections. If possible, use line level inputs.

Now let me explain. The fashion that this Bungie employee is telling you to hook your sub up is with what JBL explains here as "Speaker Level". The way the Bungie employee is telling you to not have it hooked up is what JBL explains here as "Line Level" which is LFE.

Having the front-left/right signals redirected to the subwoofer is a way that is possible to setup your system but is in fact an inferior setup and is NOT recommended by any subwoofer company. It is technically inferior if your amp supports LFE (ie: Line Level) and Bungie suggesting you to do this is a bit rediculous. I wouldn't expect Marty would approve of this suggestion and I can not believe he even knows about it, lest he would have them retract it immediately.

No, this is not what they're saying, I don't think...although hooking them up to the L/R speaker level outputs and telling the receiver you have no subwoofer would fix the problem too.

Most Dolby Digital receivers have a setting where you can specify the type of speakers connected to the receiver, usually "small" (like bookshelf speakers, limited range) or "large" (big fullrange floorstanding speakers)...

The idea being that if low frequency material is in the main speakers, but they're too small to handle it, it'll redirect the bass to the subwoofer. If you have large speakers that can reproduce bass, it'll just send the bass to the main speakers (and nothing goes to the sub unless it's encoded in the LFE channel)...

So I guess one way to fix this is to tell your receiver that you have "small" speakers and it'll crossover some of the bass into the subwoofer. This is a pretty annoying oversight on their part, however...

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
You know, I understand the concept of masking loading times at the expense of cut-scenes but personally, I would have liked an option to pre-cache cut-scenes so I could see them in all their glory (if I liked) and then eat the long load times after the cut-scene. I like the story and think the impact of all the cut-scenes is totally ruined by the glitching and build up.

gohepcat

Banned
shpankey said:

You are confuising LOD changes with the pop in. It was all over Halo also. I'm confused that people are noticing it now with Halo 2.

As you move slower to dead bodies you can see the change in nubers of Polygons.. It's in most games actually.

MrparisSM

Banned
shpankey said:

I have a 44 inch HDTV aswell, and the graphics are no where near as bad as you are making them out to be. Everything looks awesome on my tv! :)

Top Bottom