• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie are upsetting the fan base with Destiny 2

cross post from Destiny community.

Myself said:
Having a discussion with my clan about Patrol instance size for D2. what do you guys feel is the right amount and how could they work the instances to behave better than having 3 fireteam slots and nothing more? Im really hoping to see players way more often than we currently do.

bachikarn

cross post from Destiny community.

You probably already know this, but The problem with doing the three fire team slot, is that if only one person goes in an instance, they actually take up three slots because Bungie wants to make sure if one or two of their buddies wants to join them, there will always be space. Sounds good in theory, but ends up with a lot of the instances feeling empty.

Hopefully they are increasing the amount of fire teams per instance (I had heard this was capped at 3 due to PS360 support), or not having just one person reserve three spots. If a friend wants to join their fire team, kick them into another instance.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
They've talked about there being a lot more stuff to scan in the environment but have they said if it's still just a few lines of dialogue from your Ghost or if there will be actual write ups and such? I would love for some of the cool written works from the Grimoire to be earned from scans.

border

Executive Producer says that there's no repetition value in Lost Sectors, but at least, there are a lot of them in each destination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcJ2m2-uL4U

I'd say he just sidesteps the question......he doesn't outright say there's "no repetition value".

Will the Lost Sectors be randomly generated areas that are different every time you play them? Probably not, no. Will you be encouraged to repeat them? Probably so.....either you get a new loot drop every day or every week or they become a part of daily quests.

broony

Am I reading correctly that the PC version won't have recoil on any of the guns, or am I being trolled?
Hold on let me just do some research and....

"For instance, there's no recoil on guns on PC because recoil on the controller feels really good. ‘I'm firing, I'm firing, I'm firing, oh, I'm losing control of my gun a little bit.' That feels great, especially with magnetism and all the magic in the controller that makes you feel it. With a mouse and keyboard, you don't want the mouse moving without you moving it, so recoil doesn't feel good, so there is no recoil on PC. "

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

What?

I don't think these guys know how to mouse. Which makes me.... not so excited about the PC version now.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

What?

I don't think these guys know how to mouse. Which makes me.... not so excited about the PC version now.

It's hard for me to imagine that any game developer doesn't understand how the mouse affects recoil and aiming. I think (hope?) his comments are directed towards the context of the game he is working on. Maybe in their internal testing the game felt bad with recoil on PC? There are plenty of games without it. Not that the recoil in Destiny was anything but negligible to begin with.

Bruh. Have you seen that PvP hud? That thing screams esports.

And that's an assumption. The difficulty of balancing the game as it is with PvE and PvP is already ready ridiculous. Adding esports means you now have to balance between PvE and PvP, along with esports players vs general userbase. Not to mention that Destiny 1 never even made a whisper towards any sort of competitive play. The whole thing isn't exactly unlikely given Acvtivision is the publisher and the game is on Blizzard's new platform which was revamped with esports in mind, but at this point it is still absolutely an assumption with no real evidence at all.

KJRS_1993

What was reason given for the removal of Rumble?

One thing they keep coming back to is that they want PvP to become more "readable", and reduce the amount of chaos. Rumble kind of works counter to that end-goal.
There might be something in that to be fair, getting fried by the same Stormtrance three times wasn't fun.

Too bad for people who did really enjoy it though.

DisgustipatedSA

Neo Member
It has been.

All will be playable in the beta, let alone the main game.

He's talking nonsense, like so many are in this thread.
No it hasn't. There will be 6 subclasses playable in the beta. Striker, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Arcstrider, Dawnblade and probably Voidwalker, but that isn't even confirmed. There has been exactly no mention whatsoever of the TTK classes returning. In fact, the PCGamer Article that came out yesterday said this:
How many subclasses are you planning to ship with?

David Shaw: I don't think we're saying that yet.

Thomas Gawrys: My answer is no, I can't say that.

David Shaw: Yeah. Would I like to? Yes. Can I? [Checks with PR person] No.

So yeah, TTK subclasses are hardly "confirmed"

Marvel

could never
One thing they keep coming back to is that they want PvP to become more "readable", and reduce the amount of chaos. Rumble kind of works counter to that end-goal.
There might be something in that to be fair, getting fried by the same Stormtrance three times wasn't fun.

Too bad for people who did really enjoy it though.
Oh.

Well I hope it returns, liked it in public but also many a DGAF score was settled in private games of the mode lol.

In terms of character creation requests since the first game.. Yes

kotaku.com/destiny-really-needs-beards-1627845173

I'm sorry man, but this whole thread is clickbait (the title, in particular is just bad). The beta isn't for another almost month and you're already trying to mischaracterize the reception to the game.

The majority of people are elated about most of the info that has come out on the game. I can't really quantify this to disprove you but the general feeling I've got from reading a TON of stuff on here and Reddit (daily reader/contributor there) is that the reception is primarily optimistic. The PC port looks great. they're tuning a lot of things based on feedback and allegedly providing a lot more in the way of emergent questlines to recapture the feeling of wonder that characterized the best parts of D1. And really, beards?? REALLLY?

JWiLL

Banned
Removing Rumble is just...silly.

I get that they want to push the 4v4 format, but many of the more prominent Destiny PVPers in the community love Rumble. WishYouLuck literally calls himself "Rumbledore" on Twitter. mtashed spends his time there while others are doing Trials "carries". It's an extremely popular playlist.

Then again...Bungie has never listened to its top players when it came to PVP. It's why the meta has gone to shit and they "balance" with blanket nerfs.

This topic from before I quit the game for good summed it up well: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...begs_and_begs_bungie_to_nerf_snipers_instead/

Lom1lo

No it hasn't. There will be 6 subclasses playable in the beta. Striker, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Arcstrider, Dawnblade and probably Voidwalker, but that isn't even confirmed. There has been exactly no mention whatsoever of the TTK classes returning. In fact, the PCGamer Article that came out yesterday said this:

So yeah, TTK subclasses are hardly "confirmed"

I expect 6 in the main game. The other three per expansion just like destiny 1 -.-

Dynasty8

They really need to add a new element type to the sequel. We have void, solar, and ark. Make the fourth element type Poison/Ravine/Earth whatever.... (Green color) just like how the effect Thorn has on enemies. This will also open the door to a whole new subclass, new supers, and potentially new enemies, and weapons.

Top Bottom