• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burger King to serve burger with ketchup-filled donut buns in Israel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cy-5U0bXcAEn1EE.jpg
As the Times of Israel says,
In a move likely to give one eight days of indigestion, Burger King announced that this Hanukkah it will be offering a version of its Whopper burgers served on a sufgania, the traditional holiday jelly donut.

The American fast food chain said the “Sufganiking” will be on sale at all Burger King chains in Israel starting on December 25, the first night of the Festival of Lights, until January 1st, and it will cost NIS 14.90 ($4.00).

“This matching of two popular Israeli food items was inevitable for us. We’re proud to be able to end 2016 on a creative, festive note,” Israeli Burger King CEO Steve Ben Shimol told Ynet.

Burger King said the normally sweet dough will be transformed into a savory deep fried bun with ketchup topping the creation instead of jelly.

Employees of the fast food chain have tasted the burger and say that it is delicious, the Ynet website said.

On the 8th day of Hanukkah, my true love gave to me a fast food monstrosity.

How much ketchup we talking though? I could go for it if it was not a sweet bun and there was the right amount of ketchup inside and not jam packed with it.

How much ketchup we talking though? I could go for it if it was not a sweet bun and there was the right amount of ketchup inside and not jam packed with it.
I mean, the OP even says it's savory. It's a savory bun with a ketchup filling, so assume it has the same amount filling as a jelly donut.

Chipopo

Banned
I'd prefer it if they had injected the ketchup inside the pastry, like a proper jelly donut, rather than just squeezing it on top like that.

Ideally you would bite into it and a lava of ketchup would spurt out after a couple bites, filling your mouth and also oozing on to the rest of the sandwich for you to enjoy.

I mean, it's a savory bun and not a sweet donut that the article says it's based on.

It's probably decent, but I wouldn't try it. Not a fan of filled pastries in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom