• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Previously Fake Pittsburgh Burger King At It Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwalker84

2014 foolishness http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews...ves-customers-asking-questions-200136786.html

A burger joint in Pittsburgh’s South Side with a Burger King sign, employees in Burger King uniforms, and a drive through with a Burger King menu, turned out to not be a Burger King.

As reported by WPXI Channel 11 News, customers received fast food from the restaurant in generic packaging. Diner Montanya Crosby told the station her meal didn’t taste the same and, “The food was in a brown paper bag, the fries were in a Dixie cup. I’m like, ‘What the heck is this?’” When asked if the appearance of the restaurant was deceptive, another customer told the station, “Yeah I didn’t know. Actually, I ordered a double Whopper.” He added, “I mean, the cup doesn’t say Burger King on it.”

2016 foolishness http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/south-side-burger-king-customer-claims-burger-was-/npxWk/

A customer at a fast-food restaurant in Pittsburgh’s South Side says a burger he bought for his girlfriend’s 4-year-old son was crawling with ants.

Jairis Davis told Channel 11 News that the burger was purchased at the Burger King on East Carson Street. He said he had gotten food for his girlfriend’s children, and the 4-year-old made the discovery.

“He opened it up and said, ‘Mom I don't want this, there are bugs in it.’ I said, ‘No, there's no bugs in there.’ Then I saw the ants crawling on the bottom bun and I took it right back,” he said.

Davis said the fast-food restaurant refunded his money and offered to make a new order, which he refused.

Burger King denies that the ants came from the restaurant, but the Allegheny County Health Department is getting involved after Davis’ girlfriend filed a report Monday morning.

According to the health department, an investigation into the claim will take about five work days. A decision as to whether an inspection is needed will then be made.

The manager of the Burger King said that there are no ants or bugs in the restaurant and that there’s no reason to believe the ants in a video [CLICK HERE] shared with Channel 11 News came from the restaurant.

The manager added that the fast-food franchise pays for monthly inspections, which have come up clean.

The last inspection was in April.

I had a disgusting burger from there as a youngin' and never went back. Place just looks disgusting walking past.

Anion

Lol I remember going past the original one and a friend telling me that it was fake. Didn't believe it and dang it was. Like seriously lol

NLAX3xX.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why? It's like faking Qdoba instead of Chipotle.

What? Qdoba is better than Chipotle.

Oh wait, BK is better than McD's....I see what you did there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom