• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island Officially Priced

Tom Penny

Looks Fun

http://www.criteriongames.com/packs/island.php

Today's Breaking News is the confirmed price of the new Big Surf Island expansion for Burnout Paradise.

Not only will Big Surf Island be crammed full of a plethora of new content and gameplay but it will arrive at an extremely competitive price.

Prices will be as follows:

MS 1000 points

PSN $12.99 / €12.99 / £9.99

Island Pete, the official spokesman for Big Surf Island has been quoted as saying 'Big Surf Island delivers the most fun ever had in Burnout Paradise and we wanted to offer our players the best possible value for money'.

Big Surf Island is the most fun, best value for money holiday available anywhere this summer!

The wait is nearly over...

Shurs

I think I'll probably be getting this. I'm actually quite tempted to sell off my physical copy of Burnout:paradise and double dip with the PSN version.

birdman said:
I hope it really is chock full of content.

Trophies:

Drive through 20 Island Smash Gates
Smash 15 Island Billboards
Land 5 Island Mega-Jumps
Jump through Deese's Donut
4.5 seconds of Crash TV Air Time
Complete a 750 yard drift inside the Inspiral Car Park
Complete your first Island Tour
Find all Island Events
Complete all 10 Island Freeburn Challenges
Smash all 45 Island Billboards

Gowans

I'll bite at that, sure there's plenty of stuff.

Am I right in thinking PSN version is a couple of quid out from the Live price with conversion?

Gowans007 said:
I'll bite at that, sure there's plenty of stuff.

Am I right in thinking PSN version is a couple of quid out from the Live price with conversion?

Dunno about what points cost there, but in America it's only 50 cents higher on PSN than Xbox.

Xav

That's weird, they overcharge for all the DLC thus far and when we get to something big like Surf Island it only costs 1000 Microsoft Points? I'm getting the Island for sure, good job Criterion Games.

Gowans

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Dunno about what points cost there, but in America it's only 50 cents higher on PSN than Xbox.

I think that works out to about £8.50 will full retail MS points here, don't see why they couldn't have charged that on PSN too.

Edit:
Any chance of a reminder of what we will be paying for guys?

Again nice to see they have dropped their ridiculous pricing they had for the car DLC.

nli10

1,000 M$ is about £8.50 in UK munnies. Thats a much better deal than most of the add on DLC, and I think worth it as I only paid about £8 for the Ultimate box anyway.

Still not got C&R yet - wonder if there will be a bundle offer? Oh and what is the launch date again?

Xav said:
That's weird, they overcharge for all the DLC thus far and when we get to something big like Surf Island it only costs 1000 Microsoft Points? I'm getting the Island for sure, good job Criterion Games.

It's actually really good price discrimination. Undercharge for the gameplay essentials that lots of people will want and overcharge for the luxuries like extra cars that only the serious players need.

CoilShot said:
This will be my first Burnout Paradise DLC purchase. Am I missing anything good from the other DLC?

That Janser P12 (Delorean) is probably the only thing worth it's price in the other DLC.

Ramenman

OMG WOW

I was totally going to shell out 1600 points for the pack without a problem.

Probably confirms what I theorized they might do. Sell overpriced garbage bonus packs to bring money, and then make a fucking deal out of the only pack that matters.

WOOOOOOOOO ! Huge props Criterion/EA.

nli10 said:
It's actually really good price discrimination. Undercharge for the gameplay essentials that lots of people will want and overcharge for the luxuries like extra cars that only the serious players need.

Exactly my point, it's a very good policy.

UnluckyKate said:
That Janser P12 (Delorean) is probably the only thing worth it's price in the other DLC.

The Jansen P12 (though awesome) is free in the original game, I guess you're looking for the flying one, it's the Jansen Special-88 if I'm not mistaken.

Xater

That's actually cheaper than expected. AWESOME!

But it also shows how they have to rethink the pricing of the car packs. Just compare the cntent of this to one of those...

birdman

beermonkey@tehbias said:
Trophies:

Drive through 20 Island Smash Gates
Smash 15 Island Billboards
Land 5 Island Mega-Jumps
Jump through Deese's Donut
4.5 seconds of Crash TV Air Time
Complete a 750 yard drift inside the Inspiral Car Park
Complete your first Island Tour
Find all Island Events
Complete all 10 Island Freeburn Challenges
Smash all 45 Island Billboards

Ah, looks like it then. Excellent. I've been waiting a while for it to come out.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
SnakeswithLasers said:
Kind of off-topic. I was thinking about re-buying this game (well, I originally game-flyed it). Are the motorcycles awesome and worth it?

Funny. I Gamefly'd it and have been considering buying, as well.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Kind of off-topic. I was thinking about re-buying this game (well, I originally game-flyed it). Are the motorcycles awesome and worth it?
Bikes are a good thrill, but honestly, it's a tad light on single player content. Setting street times, and the 24 day/night tracks are all against the clock.

It's good, and if you were to price it, it's a decent size mode like Cops and Robbers, but not game-changing enough if you didn't think the cars were enough.

Lince

Banned
Xater said:
That's actually cheaper than expected. AWESOME!

But it also shows how they have to rethink the pricing of the car packs. Just compare the cntent of this to one of those...

yeah, I'm waiting for the "Burnout Paradise complete DLC pack"

Ramenman said:
The Jansen P12 (though awesome) is free in the original game, I guess you're looking for the flying one, it's the Jansen Special-88 if I'm not mistaken.

You are totaly right. Even I wrote Janser instead of Jansen. Anyway, that Jansen 88 special really delivers and it's worth the buy

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Okay Criterion, you've earnt it.

Dragnet

pseudocaesar said:
Costs Criterion money to put shit on PSN dont forget, maybe thats why.

Yup. Sony have a fee for every piece of content downloaded on PSN that developer/publishers must pay. Criterion need to soften that blow as much as possible.

Anyway, complaining about 50 cents is pathetic. Will buy :D

pseudocaesar said:
Costs Criterion money to put shit on PSN dont forget, maybe thats why.

Don't you mean EA? Criterion is a developer, they don't spend money publishing their games.

As for the extra cents, 12.50 is a weird amount of money by store standards. I guess EA thought they weren't going to charge 12 when they could charge 13.

Ashour

Dragnet said:
Yup. Sony have a fee for every piece of content downloaded on PSN that developer/publishers must pay. Criterion need to soften that blow as much as possible.

Anyway, complaining about 50 cents is pathetic. Will buy :D

Wasn't the rumored amount 16 cents for every Gigabyte, if we assumed that the island is 1 GB (which I think it will be much smaller) then they should have charged 12.65 rather than 12.99, anyways I don't really care I'm just saying.

Will buy in August when the game is one of the first Full 360 game downloads on the service.

If it isn't, I will not be a happy gamer.

(on the leaked image of Full 360 Game dashboard you can see the edge of Burnout Paradise's box art, this is not an unreasonable demand)

Shurs

Ashour said:
Wasn't the rumored amount 16 cents for every Gigabyte, if we assumed that the island is 1 GB (which I think it will be much smaller) then they should have charged 12.65 rather than 12.99, anyways I don't really care I'm just saying.

I assume the download through the Playstation Store will be a key download, just like all other Burnout downloads. They'll have you download a patch this week that contains the isand but you won't gain access to it until you purchase the key. The Playstation Store download (the on that Sony charges the Dev a per GB rate on) should be a few hundred KB of information. The patch (for which Sony doesn't charge anything) will be the big download.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Dragnet said:
Anyway, complaining about 50 cents is pathetic.
neogaf1.gif

crispyben

Gowans007 said:
Any chance of a reminder of what we will be paying for guys?
Big Surf Island / June 11 / 1000 MS Points / PSN $12.99 / €12.99 / £9.99

2lkvfd3.jpg

9 new cars (including the Carson Dust Storm, the Hunter Olympus Governor and the Carson Annihilator Street Rod), a BSI-specific License, 140 new discoverables (45 Billboards, 75 Smashes, 15 Mega Jumps, 2 Gas Stations, 1 Auto Repair, 1 Paint Shop, 1 Junkyard), 12 new Roads to rule in your car & on your bike, 10 new BSI-specific Freeburn challenges that can be completed with 2-8 players online, 15 new offline events (3 Stunt Runs, 3 Road Rages, 2 Marked Mans, 4 Races, 2 Island Tours, 1 Burning Route) now with checkpoints.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I guess the 50 cents makes up for everything else being 1 cent cheaper on PSN

Top Bottom