• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Business Insider swears off McD's over #secretsauce

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

I recently got a firsthand reminder of how quickly a company can destroy its brand and future business with an individual customer.

With a restaurant, especially, all it takes is one bad — and badly handled — experience, and the customer may be gone for good.

Around midnight on Wednesday, Sept. 3rd I went to the McDonald's at 946 8th Ave and 56th Street in Manhattan. After my experience there I'll never eat at the chain again.

I_Found_Something_Gross_On-707e8d798257bf968c5cceb8cd0a1590

When the food arrived, I opened up the bun. I'm not sure why. When I looked inside, I saw there was a white substance on the pickles, the bun, and at the edge of the chicken patty.

I knew there had to be a mistake. I've had this meal before and the sandwich is served plain with a buttered bun.

I took the sandwich back to the counter. When I told the cashier without being explicit what I thought the substance looked like, she laughed and said it was "tartar sauce."

I called her back the following Tuesday afternoon when I still had not heard from her.

"I apologize that I didn't get back to you yesterday," said Dunham. "What I did do is I watched some of the product being prepared and you know I don't see– other than occasionally– I don't know whether it's the grease that caused it or something like a little balloon that comes up and sometimes it has a little more white in it, but there's absolutely nothing that we add to that product other than butter."

She assured me that she didn't think anyone did anything intentional to the sandwich.

"I've been in the restaurant industry for 30 some years," said Dunham. "I've never ever ever ever ever known an employee to do something like that. That is ruining number one, a brand. That's also a person's job on the line."

Dunham said that it was a "safe product" and that she'd never gotten a complaint like mine.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/found-something-gross-mcdonalds-chicken-170438548.html

Selected comments:

I've had the SS chicken and it does come with sauce sometimes... I've been asked sometimes if I wanted sauce or not... I think they asked me about Mayo? Othertimes I'm not asked and I get nothing. However yea I don't think they'd do that for nothing, I think she complained or they were drunk (as she said they were drinking?) and making noise or something. People don't just do that to the food, assuming it WAS something other then a topping.

Any time you're trusting a typically angry individual who you have no contact with to slap your sandwich together, you should probably double and triple check your food. My best friend worked in fast food when we were in high school.. oh, the horror stories! I'd visit her. Young men with baggy pants grabbing their crotch as they walked from the freezer to the counter. Bleh. Sneezing into their hands, and then keep working. Dropping food or utensils and continuing to use it. Save yourself- eat at home.

Many years ago my wife broke a tooth at a McDonalds hamburger that had a little piece of bone in it. When we complained to the store, we were told to get an estimate to repair the tooth. The estimate was over three hundred dollars which was paid by McDonalds.
Something can happen at any food store. A woman's son ate at a fancy restaurant and found a roach in the pasta.
I don't usually eat at McDonalds and try to eat mostly home made food.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
this is why you just eat your fast food and don't think what they did to it. you know it's a gamble the moment you step through those doors.

maxcriden

this is why you just eat your fast food and don't think what they did to it. you know it's a gamble the moment you step through those doors.

Ever since a HS friend told me he ordered "cream of sumyunguy" I've felt wary of moo goo gai pain and similar dishes (that is a pretty racist joke on his part, though).

What's up with the awful hashtags today?

Sorry, I amuse myself too easily. I'll chill on the hashtags!

Jado

Banned
I once bit into a McDs cheeseburger with no patty in it. That was a strange sensation, like swinging at air when you expected to connect.

I've been there. That McDonald's really does suck. #hashtag #terrisusisbanned #stopmentioningterrisus #hashtagtitlesneedstobeintheparodythreadurgesthread #hashtagsareannoying

commedieu

Banned
I would have kept it, and some how -- tested it -- It looks like semen sure, but it could very well be a sloppy job on a burger at midnight.

Sue, get some $$ buy a bunker. Live out the race riot in subterranean peace.

I once bit into a McDs cheeseburger with no patty in it. That was a strange sensation, like swinging at air when you expected to connect.
I must have had your burger then because I once had a cheeseburger with no cheese. Pretty fundamental to the cheeseburger.

MoeDabs

Southern Style chicken sandwiches come with a pickle and butter. What is on his sandwich looks to be butter. Even if it wasnt, there are several other ingredients it could be, like mayo/tartar. That his mind went straight to "they ejaculated onto my chicken" seems a bit over the top.

studyguy

I have to wonder what kind of disgruntled mf has to be able to not only whip it out in a back room of a McD's but also manage to bust a nut on a patty within a short enough span of time without anyone finding out.

Not saying someone did in this case, but I mean... it's a gross thought, no?

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that people who work in fast food do tampering shit like this all the time.

I know I've read many anonymous blogs and whatnot that mention it. I'm sure it's just a small portion of disgruntled employees....

The thing is, any McDonalds that I've been in you can see the food getting prepped. It's on an assembly line. I'm trying to imagine how an employee could grab the burger and sneak off to jizz on it without getting noticed. Unless he had the cum in a little squeeze bottle prepared for whenever he needs it?

leakey

We may never know what was in that sandwich, but, then again, isn't that what makes secret sauce so appealing?

I haven't eaten at McDonalds in years, but I sure as hell would check my food thoroughly if I ever am forced to eat there again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That doesn't really look like spooge to me.

Derwind

Well I remember working at mcdonalds back when I was 15. I'd say a cummy burger is the least of your worries. Rats and thier HPS inducing droppings would probably be more worrying.

Be wary of McFlurry toppings.

If you feel the need to look what's under the bun, you shouldn't be going to a fast food restaurant in the first place. Chances are 78% that your burger or chicken is sauced with cum and topped with a dollop of loogie. Do you really want to look? Just fucking go for it.

MoeDabs

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that people who work in fast food do tampering shit like this all the time.

I know I've read many anonymous blogs and whatnot that mention it. I'm sure it's just a small portion of disgruntled employees....

As someone who has worked at fast food(crew and manager), it doesnt really happen that much. It is more like "Oh shit, I just dropped the 10th nugget of a 10-piece order on the ground, Ill just pick it up off the floor really quickly so I dont have to make them wait 5+ minutes for 1 nugget." Or "This person sucks so since they ordered no pickles, Ill bury the pickle in the mayo so they wont know until its too late"

soultron

Banned
She got a second sandwich when she asked about it and it was OK and she ate it. If it was me, the story would've ended there.

There was no reason to launch a scientific expedition into McDonald's customer care territory with this one.

Sapiens

Unless the guy had the sandwich analized for cum at the fast-food cum-analizing department and got a positive match for human cum, I don't see what the fuss is over.

Has anyone actually ever got a cumshot in their food before? I don't know what cum looks like (I'm straight, so I never look at my own cum), but this doesn't seem like cum to me.

MoeDabs

Unless the guy had the sandwich analized for cum at the fast-food cum-analizing department and got a positive match for human cum, I don't see what the fuss is over.

Has anyone actually ever got a cumshot in their food before? I don't know what cum looks like (I'm straight, so I never look at my own cum), but this doesn't seem like cum to me.

This is amazing LOL

Lol not that particular store, but McDonald's. The butter looks like at the beginning of the day and is usually more yellow and clear by the end of it.

Im pretty sure thats just because the butter is refrigerated, so its slightly thicker and white looking. Then as it sits out in the warm kitchen it becomes more yellow and "buttery" looking.

Pete Rock

I can confirm that if you want a pube hair on your roast beef sandwich then you need to go to the Arbys in Wendover, NV. You will be totally stoked about having made it across Utah at 2 AM, but that feeling will soon evaporate with your first inspection of the sandwich - after you have already taken two bites. The manager and the cook were both bald hispanic men, and the hair in question had that particular "curl" to it if you know what I mean. This happened to my friend but I had already eaten my whole sandwich. Oh god. The tears like rain ;_; *shivers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom