• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

But But Elden Ring looks bad

Kuranghi

Arrested Development Meme GIF

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Can't believe I'm playing a bonafide masterpiece by the best developers on the planet right now in a couple of days. With lore and world building written by GRRM. It's a dream collaboration. It's gonna be one of those magical moments you only experience once every 5 or maybe even 10 years.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I said this I personally VASTLY prefer Elden Ring’s visuals over Demons Souls remake. I fucking hated redesign Bluepoints made to that game’s enemies/bosses.

I’m sure most people got in to Souls games because it’s difficulty but for me what attracted me to their games was FROM’s aesthetics which give me heavy Berserk vibe.

Last edited:

Fare thee well

Neophyte
As a Battletech fan, you guys should really appreciate every entry you have in souls-like games. Try not having an official game for nearly 20 years due to stupid corporate lawsuits and greed. Having multiple entries at the same time done by different people for a game style you love? Cherish it.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
As a Battletech fan, you guys should really appreciate every entry you have in souls-like games. Try not having an official game for nearly 20 years due to stupid corporate lawsuits and greed. Having multiple entries at the same time done by different people for a game style you love? Cherish it.

Uh? We just had a Battletech and a Mechwarrior game.

Buggy Loop

I said this I personally VASTLY prefer Elden Ring’s visuals over Demons Souls remake. I fucking hated redesign Bluepoints made to that game’s enemies/bosses.

I’m sure most people got in to Souls games because it’s difficulty but for me attracted me to their games was FROM’s aesthetics which give me heavy Berserk vibe.

I don’t think you can be served any better for a Berserk Dark Fantasy than this game then..

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Uh? We just had a Battletech and a Mechwarrior game.
Yes, around 20 years later as said (well, not counting MWO which was ~13 years later itself, but f2p PVP wasn't exactly what the series was known for previously). Although MW5 still doesn't hold a candle to 4. And there have been no real alternatives in the same style meanwhile. Btech is solid.

I guess there were still the two arcadey action MechAssault games on the original Xbox but again they were not exactly what fans of MechWarrior would be hoping for at the time, very consolised entries, with their own separate segment of fans (and no new entries since then either).

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Crazy how different games look different.

Shark Tank Good Job GIF by ABC Network

Demon's Souls on PS5 is beautiful. Absolutely current gen material (especially when you also consider the audio).

I have no doubt Elden Ring will be amazing as well, but will probably not surpass DS graphically. That isn't to say it doesn't look great from the little I've seen or to bash it in any way, but it is a cross gen multiplatform title, so I would be surprised if the current gen/pc versions really pushed the limits.

Last edited:
I am a little disappointed in Elden Ring's graphics, doesn't look too much better than Sekiro.

But you have to compare it to other From games, I think Dark Souls 1 is still a pretty good looking game (or at least thought so when I played the Remaster in 2018) and Elden Ring is sure to at least look better than DS1.

SeraphJan

I am a little disappointed in Elden Ring's graphics, doesn't look too much better than Sekiro.

But you have to compare it to other From games, I think Dark Souls 1 is still a pretty good looking game (or at least thought so when I played the Remaster in 2018) and Elden Ring is sure to at least look better than DS1.
I think Sekiro's visual is a big step up in the franchise tbh.

Top Bottom