• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Butcher Bay:What the fuck am I overlooking?

Odoul

I've been stuck on this game for 3 weeks and Gamefaqs is no help at all. I'm in the mines right after the elevator. I'm at the hallway with the guy offering the tranq gun for 50(I only have 15). In the space with the forklift, I've tried being stealthy and icing the servicemen. I even turned off the rail D system. However when I go forward I gert shredded either by the guard, or the heavysuit. The one time I made it to Valance(with one bar of life) after the convo 2 guards fucking annihilated me. Is there some path or method I've missed? The game was a blast until this part, and it's pissing me off.

Just keep at it, eventualy you'll get it, you just have to be really stealthy, you could also try to take out all gaurds (except the mec) out of servace.

~Black Deatha

belgurdo said:
Can't help you with Butcher Bay, but I have to ask: What's with the mods and these spiteful tags recently?

I have a slight variation to your question, How does one go about getting a tag? Do you have to have a high post count?

~Black Deatha

Stryder

I don't think you can really 'get' yourself a tag as such, by doing more posts or anything (although, I think there is a post limit at which you change from a junior member to a member).

You could always try starting a thread asking for a tag.
(although, this usually baits yourself for a crappy tag, just hang out here often and I think one of the mods will tag you)

Odoul said:
The one time I made it to Valance(with one bar of life) after the convo 2 guards fucking annihilated me. Is there some path or method I've missed? The game was a blast until this part, and it's pissing me off.

Ok....How the hell can you be in that area and get blasted? Once you're past that security area and in the actual mining area with Valance, it should be pretty damn easy to stick to the shadows and never get seen.

There are two ways around. If you look across that hall/walkway just before Valance, you should see some boxes and a ladder you can climb. Climb up there and there should be a ledge you can hand climb all around that whole area and jump right on top of the guard.

The other way is to just stick to the shadows, jump into those rails where those cargo boxes are sliding back and forth and walk all the way across. Hid behind the cargo boxes at the end and there should be enough shadow for you to get a jump on the guard.

Brannon

When you're with Valance, hide and use your eyeshine to see the human guard that wanders in that area from time to time. Take him out, wait for the mechguard to roam to the area you entered from, or pretty close to it, and move up to the area where the boxes are being loaded and unloaded. From there, there is one guard up an incline, next to a grinder (you have to go to the door to the right as you go up) and maybe a guard higher up in an observation area above the grinder. You should be able to fight the guard on your level near the grinder (you know what you have to do...) and enter the door to continue on. Watch out for guards and the like inside that area and you'll finish that objective.

Top Bottom