• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy Edge shaving gel, unlock Assassin's Creed Unity exclusive in-game DLC!

Looking forward to the special Shave your Ass Creed in Unity Bundle!

NHYp9vq.jpg

Smh.

https://www.facebook.com/EdgeShaveG...5701276454941/908468955844832/?type=1&theater

I'm embarrassed for all of us. Like everyone thats on Earth right now.

You might want to get your sleaze detector checked, seems to be busted.

How is it sleazy? Its cross-marketing where there are item unlocks (that can can be obtained without buying this specific product) which are not being artificially inserted into the game world. There are no Edge billboards or adspace in the world. I don't see how this is that terrible. It targets a large demographic of these games by tying together two products they might use in a way that doesn't impact someone else's experience.

allftw

Neo Member
I got pissed when I first saw this thinking they were locking content behind buying a shaving gel but apparently this stuff already comes with the season pass so I don't see the problem.

SmokyDave

Why? Its just an ad. Why is everyone freaking out?
I'm beginning to suspect this is all some sort of surreal performance art. It's a thread re-enacting how aliens might react if they landed on earth totally unfamiliar with product promotions and marketing.

If there was a huge Edge billboard advert in the Assassin's Creed game world, I'd understand. This, though, this is just people throwing a tantrum over a totally harmless promotion.

How is it sleazy? Its cross-marketing where there are item unlocks (that can can be obtained without buying this specific product) which are not being artificially inserted into the game world. There are no Edge billboards or adspace in the world. I don't see how this is that terrible. It targets a large demographic of these games by tying together two products they might use in a way that doesn't impact someone else's experience.

It's harmless enough but that doesn't mean we can't laugh at it. I'd call it cheesy rather than sleazy.

Didn't say you shouldn't, I was questioning more the reaction of people calling it sleazy, and making posts like "How low can gaming go?" Seemed like some odd overreaction going on.

I read those posts as intentional hyperbole but maybe I'm wrong. Personally I just think it's corny but thats marketing for you.

Gruso

It's a bit cheesy, but it's just a company knowing their target market. If you're into this flavour of game, you just have to accept that you're mixing it with the pointy end of the mainstream, and this is how they're rolling now. I'll be horrified if and when we have to use the cross-promoted products in game.

Still, I remember when a free product related game was the ducks nuts. Everything was awesome when you were a kid, and it's a shame we shed that enthusiasm as we age.

KjG1wSX.png

So with CoD Doritos & mtn dew unlocks making some people suggest that CoD fans are hyperactive kids does that mean Assassin's Creed fans are clean shaven?

DryvBy

I'm beginning to suspect this is all some sort of surreal performance art. It's a thread re-enacting how aliens might react if they landed on earth totally unfamiliar with product promotions and marketing.

If there was a huge Edge billboard advert in the Assassin's Creed game world, I'd understand. This, though, this is just people throwing a tantrum over a totally harmless promotion.

Certainly you don't mean I was throwing a tantrum by shaking my head at this.

You're right though. I'd be MORE upset if Edge was in the game. Or Mt. Dew, Dr Pepper, or Doritos.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Karl Hawk

Banned
I can imagine an ad like this:
Be clean
Be sexy
Be United.

Buy an Edge shaving gel and get an exclusive in-game DLC for Assassin's Creed Unity. Available on November 11.

Skux

They should have done a promo with cut throat razor blades, like people would actually use in the era.

Whoever is brave enough to shave themselves with it, and not shed a drop of blood, gets the DLC.

I wonder how the female gamers feel about this ? Will they buy the mens shaving, will they abandon it ? Find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z !

FeiRR

Banned
I wonder how the female gamers feel about this ? Will they buy the mens shaving, will they abandon it ? Find out on the next episode of DRAGON BALL Z !
Actually I know some women who buy men's razors because they're cheaper and the only difference is they're not pink.

astroknight

Neo Member
Ubi please

Now this years content and dlc spreadsheet will probably include exclusive gear with toothpaste or axe body spray too.

NewGame

Banned

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Top Bottom