• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BYU POLE VAULTER PIERCES SCROTUM IN HORRIFIC ACCIDENT ... Needed 18 Stitches!!!

brap

Banned
"I could see right into my scrotum."

That's probably the last thing you wanna say after a pole vault training sesh ... but it's exactly how BYU athlete Zach McWhorter is describing his pole vs. balls injury.

The 21-year-old was having a pretty typical training session at the BYU track -- recording it to post on TikTok -- when disaster struck.

At first, it seemed like a standard jump ... but McWhorter's pole didn't fall the way it supposed to and essentially impaled his scrotum.

YOWWWCH.

McWhorter told BuzzFeed he was immediately rushed to the hospital by his dad/coach/urologist ... where he needed 18 STITCHES to get patched up.

Luckily, the dude says he only has a scar from the incident. As for any permanent damage, McWhorter says "One day, we'll find out if they function or not."

Ice up, Zach. And, maybe wear a cup from now on??

DESTROYA

32iuKtk.jpg

He's lucky it didn't go up his bum.
Or it wasn’t a woman..........wait

I coached high school track for 11 years. I only ever saw one pole vault incident and it was when a pole broke mid-vault, which is more like an explosion since they are fiberglass

I’ve seen many more accidents with shot put and discus, mostly due to people not paying attention near the throwing sectors despite numerous indicators encouraging spatial awareness

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I coached high school track for 11 years. I only ever saw one pole vault incident and it was when a pole broke mid-vault, which is more like an explosion since they are fiberglass

I’ve seen many more accidents with shot put and discus, mostly due to people not paying attention near the throwing sectors despite numerous indicators encouraging spatial awareness

Hold up.

You taught kids?

H4ze

Good lord, I just felt how my own scrotum tried to get back inside me, this poor bastard, really unlucky.

Top Bottom