• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Irrational Games. Guess at what we are making!

kamspy

So element, why not just drop consoles and make SWAT 5 for Windows? I mean, sure you probably won't make a return on investment, but you'll be a part of one of the raddest games in the history of games. I like to think that's priceless.

And Irrational internet cred would be like +50.

Zeliard

_dementia said:
Don't you mean 2?

edit: I'm an ass, holy shot there was a second game i didn't know about

Oh man, you missed out on a HELL of a Steam deal last week on the Freedom Force pack. I think it was both games for something absurd like $2. Just a complete steal.

beelzebozo said:
it's fucking retarded there's no usb keyboard/mouse option for games on all the consoles anyway.

Agreed!

wormstrangler said:
Why would I leave a message guessing what you're working on?

And you're not Irrational Games anymore. Sadly.

They changed back to Irrational, thankfully. "2K Boston". Ugh. Let's just destroy any modicum of individuality and reputation these companies have, shall we?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Zeliard said:

this will steer us wildly off topic, but has there ever been any legitimate reason from any of the console makers about why this isn't so? i imagine their company line is something about streamlining the user experience, which makes me want to explode.

Zeliard

beelzebozo said:
this will steer us wildly off topic, but has there ever been any legitimate reason from any of the console makers about why this isn't so? i imagine their company line is something about streamlining the user experience, which makes me want to explode.

The only real obstacle I can see with it is balancing FPS multiplayer between people on gamepads and people on kb/m. Having separate sets of servers, maybe, or indicating via some icon who's playing with what.

How did UT3 on PS3 deal with that sort of thing? It has kb/m support, I believe.

soco

what's the point of trying to guess it by leaving a voice mail? why not just have people guess in this thread so we can all share in?

soco said:
what's the point of trying to guess it by leaving a voice mail? why not just have people guess in this thread so we can all share in?
They're probably going to put the more interesting ones into one of their podcast's. I doubt it's just so the employees can have a laugh.

element

soco said:
It could be used in a future Irrational Behavior episode.

soco

element said:

sounds boring. why not just quote what people wrote on the forums?

i could understand it if you were asking some other question like "what would you improve in a previous game?" or "how would you change" or something more open ended.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
beelzebozo said:
I believe it has more to do with online balancing.

Significant UI changes are also needed and if you're expected to be able to change that on the fly with a controller.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
element said:
So, the number we are calling is a google voice number? How many messages have you gotten yet :lol

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rez said:
I believe it has more to do with online balancing.

Significant UI changes are also needed and if you're expected to be able to change that on the fly with a controller.
That and marketing. M/kb doesn't suggest gaming to the mainstream. It suggests being in an office, working on powerpoint slides and spreadsheets.

El Sloth

Banned
Bioshock: ON THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Seriously though, some kind of Lunar Base/City with Space Big Daddies would be kinda sweet.

JasonUresti said:
Working on a MP focused console FPS, with some RTS elements.

This. It has been confirmed that it is a shooter. But I would suspect more of a RPG element to it. After flirting with the concept in Bioshock, a more robust rpg mechanic could allow for a wider set of combat encounter permutations - a concept that the studio and Shawn are quite fond of.

Top Bottom