• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on XB1 has crushed blacks (pop).

jesu

If anything, its actually kinda shocking at how little the issue is being reported on be it dedicated articles or game reviews. This to me is something that should be getting brought up in the reviews of any game that has the issue, its a clear issue and for some odd reason not a lot of attention is being focused on it.

Because it's not as bad as some pictures make it look.

Look at Sangreals NBA pics up there, nothing like Giant Bombs.

Jburton

Banned
It's a real issue but some people are just using it now as an excuse because the ps4 version of cod didn't destroy the Xbone version.

Calling out the issue is great. Drive by one liners is obviously not real concern.

People do the same concern trolling in PS4 threads as well.

Part of the modern condition.

TheIdleMiner

Neo Member
As terrible as NBA Live 15 looks and plays, this is obviously an issue on Giantbomb's end

nbacrush.png

nbacrush2.png

I took a look for myself just looking at clips of the game via upload and it looks fine. Not even close to the crushed black pictures of the game going around.

Because it's not as bad as some pictures make it look.

Look at Sangreals NBA pics up there, nothing like Giant Bombs.

I also find it really annoying when people post overly dark images. It's making fun of the situation rather than providing constructive criticism.

The Cowboy

I also find it really annoying when people post overly dark images. It's making fun of the situation rather than providing constructive criticism.

I can agree with this, i still stand by what i said on that the issue should be getting a lot more attention, but it doesn't help at all when people post exaggerated shots of the issue.

Digital Foundry just commented on the issue in their faceoff.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-face-off

However, on its default brightness setting (matched at 3.3 notches with the PS4 and PC), we notice a native black crush affecting visibility in dark areas. It can be rectified, to an extent, by cranking the in-game brightness up by four points in Advanced Warfare's menu, but the image begins to wash out if we go any further.

Top Bottom