• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
FUCK.

Spent a good 2 days downloading on Xbox One. Gives me an 88mb update and what does it do? Deletes the whole fucking game.

hollyshit. Imagine if this happens to someone with MCC. dat 65GB install. I would flip the fuck out.

but seriously, I have never had or even heard of this issue before.

FUCK.

Spent a good 2 days downloading on Xbox One. Gives me an 88mb update and what does it do? Deletes the whole fucking game.

:( RIP, jeez man, that actually happened with me for ghosts but months after i bought it, had to redownload all 50 gbs of that game, or 40 or whatever number

some digital future , prepare yourselves

GavinUK86

Are locations varied? How are the setpieces?

Yeah it seems pretty varied so far. Set pieces are great but COD seems to be good at those every year.

Thank you, that sounds great actually. I loved Blops.

Nice. Black Ops and CoD4 are my two favorite campaigns.

I know a lot people think it was dumb, but I still LOVE the plot twist in Black Ops.

I loved Blops. And yes, I also loved the plot twist. That's what makes Blops my favourite COD.

NuKERxyz

FUCK.

Mine is stuck at 100% Updating for about 30 minutes now. According to my router conection it is downloading something (probably the whole game again ffs..).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
any word on campaign lenght? I assume the usual 4-5 hours, but im always hoping one day it will be something meatier :/

Newlove

Any non-spoilery single player impressions?

It's very familiar to anyone who's played a CoD campaign before. I've completed 3 missions. There hasn't been so much "Follow me as I walk slowly" hand holding gameplay so far, but again it is very familiar. The exo suit and tactical / lethal grenades are an interesting addition that allows you to be a bit faster in engagements, but you still can't go too mad with it by running out in the open. I've had fun so far. The gadgets are cool, as are the missions. The story so far is interesting. I'm on the forth mission and it feels like the real story hasn't even begun. It's been a lot of set up, which is great. So a lot more to come. So far so good.

I was really hoping for a memorable soundtrack since. CoD4, W@W and MW2 really stick out. It isn't too memorable so far though.

Multiplayer impressions:

Hard! In my first game I went on a 12 killstreak off the bat. Great fun while it lasted. Then I just had lobbies full of seemingly god like reaction players all night. I've played so many hours of CoD before. I was really good at Black Ops 1/2, World at War and CoD4. In this game however, I'm dying a lot...like 6 kills 23 deaths. It could have just been a bad night. It could be that these are really hardcore players I'm playing against early...but there are so many people who play CoD now like they're in a MLG tournament. Some reaction levels are insane. I've also been pre-fired a ton around corners. I feel like I'm at a 50% disadvantage for not wearing headphones.

Shotguns are near useless and won't go down well for you. One in particular that has a fast fire rate and rips through the magazine fast. Very, very shot range and you need to hit all your shots pretty much. I used overkill with this shotgun. I can't imagine how much worse I would do if it were my primary. There aren't many close range situations and Assault Rifles dominate with 80% of players using them. Sniping is going to be rough too as the game is so fast now. I might have got sniped myself about twice in 3-4 hours. Which again might show the mentality of players these days to just use whatever is best to win (Assault Rifles).

I actually consistently performed fairly well with the heavy weapon laser. It drops people quicker than expected and is good for short, medium and even long distance engagement if you can control the recoil. That is a fun weapon to use. Hardly anyone else was using it - their loss!

Boost jumping is somewhat discouraged unless you're using a perk to keep you off the radar when activated.

Some loot you earn expires and is stripped from you. Some loot stays. I couldn't see anything to notify which were temporary and which weren't.

Spawns are a lot better as is map design compared to Ghosts.

Tons of challenges and unlocks. The camo challenges are much better than Ghosts. No more laying down 100 times with Sniper Rifles or getting 50 point blank kills. It's headshots, hip fire and medal based. I believe I saw 500 headshots for one camo though, so it will take you a while still.

Overall I did have a lot of fun, and it seems like a solid MP. Not so much camping, no BS to complain about. I died a lot which enraged me a bit, so I can't figure out if I'm just bad at CoD now or if everyone else is trying a lot harder than they used to.

Hip Hop

You're probably just playing the most hardcore fans righ now. I've heard it's a bad thing to play COD early. Wait until all the noobs get on, it will change.

I can use the 23% discount code, but I don't have a 25% code. Thing is...I can't use my amex card with GMG and can only use my bank account's card and I am currently on a tight budget sadly ^^;

I mainly want it for the SP campaign and dat Stacey, the MP would be a bonus.

I tried the 23% off code on the main page and it didnt work. Unless you are using a different code.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I tried the 23% off code on the main page and it didnt work. Unless you are using a different code.

VIP discounts dont stack with codes, he must be using it without being logged on or something

angelic

Banned
Headphones are an absolute must these days in cod. Good impressions, so happy to be able to dump ghosts. Will give my copy to a charity shop.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Spawns are a lot better as is map design compared to Ghosts.

Tons of challenges and unlocks. The camo challenges are much better than Ghosts. No more laying down 100 times with Sniper Rifles or getting 50 point blank kills. It's headshots, hip fire and medal based. I believe I saw 500 headshots for one camo though, so it will take you a while still.

Overall I did have a lot of fun, and it seems like a solid MP. Not so much camping, no BS to complain about. I died a lot which enraged me a bit, so I can't figure out if I'm just bad at CoD now or if everyone else is trying a lot harder than they used to.

Sounds good, thanks for the impressions. Glad that the maps and spawns are better than Ghosts. I'm a fairly good COD player, but everytime a new one comes out, I'm complete shit for like the first week and then start getting better quick. So I think a lot of it is learning the maps. Once you learn the layout and flow and where common choke points and firefights occur it becomes easier.

FunkMiller

This is the first COD I've preordered since Blops, and it'll be the first one I've really played since then. Just got bummed out with the way the series was going, so am hoping this one will be good enough to keep me involved.

Face-scanned Spacey <3
209650_2014-11-02_000dju9p.png

Do the items scale with your level? I guess I don't really understand supply drops lol

As I understand it each weapon has 3 variations. My guess is you only get supply drop variants of weapons you already have but I could be wrong. Each variant has different stats and qualities. One may have faster fire rate and more stability but less range for example.

Pastry

Banned
As I understand it each weapon has 3 variations. My guess is you only get supply drop variants of weapons you already have but I could be wrong. Each variant has different stats and qualities. One may have faster fire rate and more stability but less range for example.

Okay cool that makes more sense. It's been so long since I've played a CoD game, the last one I played was Modern Warfare lol.

Newlove

Sounds good, thanks for the impressions. Glad that the maps and spawns are better than Ghosts. I'm a fairly good COD player, but everytime a new one comes out, I'm complete shit for like the first week and then start getting better quick. So I think a lot of it is learning the maps. Once you learn the layout and flow and where common choke points and firefights occur it becomes easier.

Yes this is true, it will take a while to learn the maps and at what pacing to play each one. I will say the maps are a lot better than Ghosts. Really good. Whereas one or two maps might pop up in Ghosts that are well made, all of these are fun to play on.

Brooks2304

Neo Member
Yes this is true, it will take a while to learn the maps and at what pacing to play each one. I will say the maps are a lot better than Ghosts. Really good. Whereas one or two maps might pop up in Ghosts that are well made, all of these are fun to play on.

What platform are you playing on?

FrsDvl

Man I really want to get this game. Too bad I'm broke. Was going to sell my ps4 so I could pick it up for XB1... I guess that's a bit too much. Plus with MCC being out in a little over a week, I don't know if I'd play this ever again after that.

Feels weird not buying cod on launch.

Is the companion app going up tomorrow on the app/google play store? I got the PSN version so I'm not sure if it's an app available to everyone or if it's a voucher type of thing.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Man I really want to get this game. Too bad I'm broke. Was going to sell my ps4 so I could pick it up for XB1... I guess that's a bit too much. Plus with MCC being out in a little over a week, I don't know if I'd play this ever again after that.

Yeah this is going to be tough to balance all these games. COD/MCC/Destiny xpac next month...

JLeack

Banned
FUCK.

It's because you selected 'remove' during the update. I did the same thing with Dead Rising 3. It doesn't just delete everything on its own. You input a command that you didn't mean to.

Jarrod38

Go to Best Buy and sell your PS4 and get $100 off towards a Xbox One.

Are bots available in all the game modes and maps? Do you gain levels in "bot mode", obviously you won't be able to use the same character in real MP.

Tempted to get the Steam version for $42 from Nuuvem and then use a VPN to unlock and start playing today... or I could just wait a couple days and check out more reviews/impressions before taking the plunge. It's crazy how much the potential for early access can affect willingness to buy something.

Azriell

The $99 version on PSN lists a couple of extra weapons it comes with. These aren't exclusive weapons, right? One video I watched said there are 350+ weapons now, and I hear that there are tiers of weapons or something. So are these 2 exclusive weapons just variations of the weapons everyone else has?

I'm on the fence about which version to get. On the one hand, $99 puts the season pass at $40, $10 less than usual (and some other free content). On the other hand, I almost never buy more than one dlc before I so playing these games.

Top Bottom