• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 - Official 'Open Your Eyes' Teaser Trailer

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 marks 2024's installment in the iconic first-person shooter franchise developed by Treyarch. Take a look at this cryptic teaser trailer for the upcoming game with plenty of hidden messages, easter eggs, and a sentiment that the memory of a better time was false. Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 is launching later in 2024 with more details to come at the Xbox Games Showcase on June 9.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Season 5 Yes GIF by Paramount+

mortal

I'd be more into this sort of marketing if it were meant for another game besides Call of Duty.
All of this intrigue and mystery when it'll just be more or less the same experience as every previous game.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
The only COD campaigns since the original Modern Warfare I haven't played are Black Ops 1-3, but this looks interesting. I'm guessing the trailer is directed towards a sleeper agent that's being activated to do something Gulf War related. I'd be up for a COD campaign that goes smaller scale and full psychological thriller.

Open your eyes and don't pre-order.
Tbh this is probably the first game by treyarch where they had full development time so fingers crossed

ungalo

I don't play CoD anymore so i've been observing from afar but out of the last games the only campaign that didn't seem completely lame to me on first sight was Cold War. And here they go for some old school edgy marketing which i like. I feel current Treyarch is bolder than current IW.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If the game is actually taking place during the Persian Gulf War as rumored, I would be shocked if he wasn't.

Would be interesting to see their take, they aren't shy of using real life stuff especially in the Blops games but modify / fictionalize it a lot.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Would be interesting to see their take, they aren't shy of using real life stuff especially in the Blops games but modify / fictionalize it a lot.

I'm here for Margert Thatcher raw dogging George Bush Sr in the back of a C-2 Greyhound, then parachuting into Iraq with a shotgun to assassinate Saddam.

I'd be there day one for that.

DinoD

I wonder if the game narrative is based on preventing Saddam to activate his "weapons of mass destruction"? :messenger_weary:

Hero of Spielberg

Gold Member
Just got a notification from the GamePass app that this will be on Gamepass Day 1

Went to a dead link, so not sure if it sent out by accident?

Last edited:

DrCheese

If it's on GamePass day one then expect this to be rammed full of DLC extra's beyond a scale not seen before.

wipeout364

Trailer was amazing. Really excited for this one. Black ops have consistently been the best campaigns ( except 4). Black ops 1 and Cold War were both fantastic.

Hopefully they can get zombies back on track as it kind feels like it’s been flailing around a bit.

They are going to struggle to top the current game MW3 for multiplayer it’s pretty amazing right now for COD.

"Open your eyes"

I already did.

That game has terrible hit detection and lack of SBMM made it not fun for me, always just a couple of people completely dominating every game. that was fun 25 years ago when there was a small community and no one had proper matchmaking but in 2024 it’s a terrible experience for players like me who solo and are not high skill.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
That game has terrible hit detection and lack of SBMM made it not fun for me, always just a couple of people completely dominating every game. that was fun 25 years ago when there was a small community and no one had proper matchmaking but in 2024 it’s a terrible experience for players like me who solo and are not high skill.
Have you tried the ranked mode? There should be SBMM there. It's still in the testing phase though. I am an average player who also plays solo like you, but I have a lot of fun. There is always someone dominating the game in every online FPS game, and if you are not playing very well, SBMM might not be able to prevent this.

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
The real Black Ops games always have amazing campaigns (so excluding shitty 3 and 4 lol). Can not wait.

Black Ops Cold War is in my top 3 COD games.

twilo99

amazing how many people care about the CoD campaigns ..

so this took 4 years of dev time presumably because they were working on the single player thing?

lame

wipeout364

Have you tried the ranked mode? There should be SBMM there. It's still in the testing phase though. I am an average player who also plays solo like you, but I have a lot of fun. There is always someone dominating the game in every online FPS game, and if you are not playing very well, SBMM might not be able to prevent this.
I am fine with doing bad for a few games, but with Xdefiant you can never really have a good game since you will always be playing against top tier players, when i win a game its never because of me its because some guy on my team went 60 and 10 and when I lose its the same reason. Honestly it just makes you feel like you are there so somebody else can have a good time. Screw that, I have been more than happy with aggressive SBMM and have not heard one argument against it that stands up to any scrutiny for somebody who has a life out side of playing games 8 hours a day.

edit: I missed your ranked comment. Ranked modes are not fun, they usually have longer play modes , people are assholes and expect specialization, when you lose you get demoted right in fort of your face which is demoralizing and the team shits on you if you played bad. That is not what i want out of SBMM, I am just playing to have fun but I want to feel like I contributed on the scoreboard in a meaningful way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom