• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III | Review Thread

Predict The Final Opencritic/MetaCritic Scores for MWIII

• 30-39%

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • 40-49%

Votes: 14 6.3%
  • 50-59%

Votes: 25 11.3%
  • 60-69%

Votes: 57 25.8%
  • 70-79%

Votes: 67 30.3%
  • 80-89%

Votes: 34 15.4%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 95-99%

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nemiroff

Gold Member
It was a stpuid purchase because Activision is all COD now and it was only a matter of time until the franchise underperformed and brought down the company.
It hasn't launched yet but has already underperformed..? And Activision is already in smoking ruins..? ..despite MW2 MP and Warzone still doing record revenue..? Huh.., that's interesting..

Last edited:

Red5

Damn MS can't catch a break. I predicted it, since the Xbox purchase, COD will be on a massive downward spiral.

At the end of the day it won't matter it will sell a shiton. People have been asking me for copies where I work for over a month. No one who buys COD annually or plays Warzone daily reads COD reviews or gives the campaign any importance. COD is the highest valued gaming IP along with FIFA.

69 billy well spent 🤣

Some people here are out of touch with the gaming market.

Last edited:

MikeM

4/10 by IGN:
Well deserved.
Man am I glad I'm broke right now. I should just go back to playing the MCC and Titanfall 2 for my FPS needs.
Halo Infinite has good MP and its free to play.

jorgejjvr

They should have priced it at $20 then
Why? When its going to break records at $70? If you are in the business of making money, you dont go out of your way to lose money lol

It has all the OG mw2 maps, people will come in droves for the nostalgia alone.

nemiroff

Gold Member
At the end of the day it won't matter it will sell a shiton. People have been asking me for copies where I work for over a month. No one who buys COD annually or plays Warzone daily reads COD reviews or gives the campaign any importance. COD is the highest valued gaming IP along with FIFA.

Some people here are out of touch with the gaming market.
Well, you know; Plastic boxes over logic..

Last edited:

Tsaki

Why? When its going to break records at $70? If you are in the business of making money, you dont go out of your way to lose money lol

It has all the OG mw2 maps, people will come in droves for the nostalgia alone.
Well yeah it makes perfect sense to milk the CoD fanbase with minimal work. But the reviews shouldn't care for that.

Kilau

MS did a full screen pop up add on my Xbox for a 4/10.

Hd Pursed Lips GIF

Unknown?

It haven't launched yet but has already underperformed..? And Activision is already in smoking ruins..? ..despite MW2 MP and Warzone still doing record revenue..? Huh.., that's interesting..
I'm talking about the future and how stupid it is to put all your eggs in one franchise. Just like Epic, if Fortnite declines, they lose most of their revenue.

Red5

Not everyone is like that. I played cod1,2 , mw, waw, mw2, advanced war, ww2, mw remake , all for the campaigns. I don't have time for multiplayer anymore.

People who aren't sinking in cash on MTX in MP or WarZone aren't the target audience, case in point a campaign that's only 3 hours long, an afterthought.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
69 billy well spent 🤣
Considering Sony is about to sell 10 million+ PS5s this holiday in a bundle with the game which will equate to an insane amount of micro-transaction revenue and engagement I'd say the deal is already well on it's way to paying for itself.

BlueLyria

Define downward trend? Playerbase, profit, ???, which metric?
Until mw2019, both sales and player perception, they have broken profit records since warzone 1 but playerbase sentiment isn't very good since vanguard/caldera, and warzone 2 didn't do much, but I guess that's fine because children keep buying Nicki Minaj operator packs regardless of quality

jorgejjvr

Not everyone is like that. I played cod1,2 , mw, waw, mw2, advanced war, ww2, mw remake , all for the campaigns. I don't have time for multiplayer anymore.
I hope people that buy ONLY for a 3-4 hour campaign arent paying $70 for the game.

If thats all i were to care about, I would wait for $20 or less

I hope people that buy ONLY for a 3-4 hour campaign arent paying $70 for the game.

If thats all i were to care about, I would wait for $20 or less
Oh absolutely. Last cod I bought full price was ww2. It was the last one I played extensive multiplayer on too. The campaign and both mp modes were excellent imo. It also was before the woke and fortnite shit crept in.

Every other cod outside of cod2, mw, mw2, waw and ww2, I haven't got at launch or paid full price for. Those I did but were worthy of it.

jorgejjvr

Oh absolutely. Last cod I bought full price was ww2. It was the last one I played extensive multiplayer on too. The campaign and both mp modes were excellent imo. It also was before the woke and fortnite shit crept in.

Every other cod outside of cod2, mw, mw2, waw and ww2, I haven't got at launch or paid full price for. Those I did but were worthy of it.
In the future I guess gamepass will also fix the campaign only crowd

Dexero

Making « campaign reviews » for what is essentially a multiplayer focused game were most of the content and interesting moments are outside of it (multi maps, zombie mods, warzone integration) reeks of click baity titles when everyone knows that 99% of the playerbase doesn’t even touch it.

Is the MP good? Are Zombies great? If so that’s all that really matters.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I thought Mac was going to rip it to shreds, but he…liked some of it?!! Score: 6.5

Meaty gunplay with excellent sound, great optimization, and some fun missions.

Damn, I might consider it when it hits $20.

Last edited:
DLC parading as a full game? Yeah, this one is going to get reamed. I think 70 might actually be too high, but I'm sure some are going to give it decent scores just because the multiplayer game play is going to be good.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
DLC parading as a full game? Yeah, this one is going to get reamed. I think 70 might actually be too high, but I'm sure some are going to give it decent scores just because the multiplayer game play is going to be good.
There are some odd story decisions that prove it was DLC. It doesn’t wrap anything up.

I hope they take a year or two off. We probably won’t hear anything from Activision even if this game keeps reviewing poorly.

Making « campaign reviews » for what is essentially a multiplayer focused game were most of the content and interesting moments are outside of it (multi maps, zombie mods, warzone integration) reeks of click baity titles when everyone knows that 99% of the playerbase doesn’t even touch it.

Is the MP good? Are Zombies great? If so that’s all that really matters.
why spent dev time and budget in a campaign then?

Wake me up when the MP reviews are out.

LOL @ campaign missions on single player WarZone. That’s fucking funny.

I skipped MW2. Is that campaign good? The MW1 reboot campaign was top notch.

Grechy34

For all the hate CoD gets, absolutely no one has come and knocked it off its perch for literal decades now. Reviewers have tried even through the bad ones (Ghosts/IW) and the thing still sells like bonkers.

For all the hate CoD gets, absolutely no one has come and knocked it off its perch for literal decades now. Reviewers have tried even through the bad ones (Ghosts/IW) and the thing still sells like bonkers.

Battlefield always felt like garbage to me

CoD isn't my kind of game, but the controls felt way better. Very snappy.

I just wonder when this TYPE of game just loses its luster or if it's timeless. Plenty of other types of games have fizzled out (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero, etc)

Dexero

why spent dev time and budget in a campaign then?
Because people complain to high heaven when it’s missing (BF5 and BOPS4 come to mind)

People also want their spectacle that they will go through once and never touch again. It makes little sense to invest tons of money into something few people really care about. This is as meaningful as people reviewing mmos for the leveling experience, it completely misses the point

SABRE220

This is kind of surprising cod has never come close to reviewing this badly, I mean its the same boring rehashed formula but at least it was extremely polished.. don't know what happened here. That being said people thinking this will change things are not realistic, aslong as the multiplayer is similar to earlier games this will sell insane amounts regardless of the terrible sp reviews. The COD franchise is basically a multiplayer warmachine that is too big to fall.

I did something that I haven't done in a while and ordered MW2 from the library. Just to play the single player.

It seems though that I don't have to touch this steaming pile of shit.

Riky

$MSFT
I don't see the point in reviewing what is essentially less than half a game.
I'll still be buying it for the multiplayer regardless.

Top Bottom