• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Callisto Protocol Devs ask for patience... and deserve none

Quality mode and it works beautifully on my PS5. Never tried performance.
do it jewish GIF

GymWolf

Lol. Console gamers get the best versions. We don’t need to complain about anything. What a cheap shot with that Low Ass StandardsTM bullshit. GTFO with this PCMR trolling.

Quality mode and it works beautifully on my PS5. Never tried performance.
Dude i troll the master race as everyone else, i don't save bullets for anyone, calm down.

You didn't tried perf mode but you want to tell me how should i feel? Please...

I don't give a damn what you people consider the best version, perf mode on ps5 is still pretty shitty so for me, sorry if this make you angry.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

Imagine simping for a videogame developer.

"It's their first game, they tried their best, it's a nice throwback to simpler times, works fine for me"

Meanwhile these assholes have no problem a) selling you their broken game for 60 bucks, and b) shoveling out season pass DLC bullshit before the game is even out. And don't get me started on the actual quality of the game's design.

The sheer audacity of taking your hard-earned money, give you a broken game in return and then [and only then] say "yeah we know our game is broken but please have some patience with us". How can anyone be okay with this? I swear to god this only happens in the videogame industry. Imagine buying a music album and the first 4 songs are busted and they go "yeah well you know, we're gonna fix it at some point, just give us some time okay. But thank you for your purchase".

Their entire objective is to make as much money as possible. All the bullshit about "The first AAAA-game in the world", pure nonsense. They are not our friends, all right? And then you have guys like this who say "go easy on them". Man get outta here.

Have some standards.
i feel so good when i see people that still use their brain , its a rare thing these days

WoJ

They are trying something new and it's their first time doing it. In the landscape of modern gaming its not a huge deal even if it sucks there are performance issues. I've asked for the game for Christmas and if I don't get it will pay full price for it to support devs making this type of game. I used to think people were overreacting when they would say gamers were entitled spoiled brats. But then I started reading threads like this every other day it seems. Don't be pissed when, as others have said, the dev makes a F2P Battle Royale next.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nothing will change because gamers have no self esteem, self respect, or self control to actually be capable of holding companies to a higher standard by not buying their shit games. Eventually everyone caves and pays for this garbage while rationalizing it in their own heads with stupid explanations like "well, it might not be very well polished but I like it, I guess"

If the same situation happens every single time, where a highly anticipated game sells like hotcakes despite being barely playable and sparking huge controversies, then how is anyone even surprised anymore that it became a standard? Publishers realized that they could sell us bottled piss water as long as it was hyped up enough before release, and we're just gonna cry about it for a few days on twitter, and then bow our heads in shame and buy it anyway, like junkies who wish they could kick the habit but are incapable of doing it.
I started buying games on consoles and there are less problems. And even if there are, the box was only 500$.
So I can feel better about myself.
On a 3080 (not high end anymore pc), My ass hurts from being gaped open. I feel like a fool when problem like this happen

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is a mess even on ps5, i forgot the last game with so many hiccups just by turning the camera around, the other games are perfect so it is not my ps5 dying or some shit, i'm currently on patch 1.6.

Console only player really have low ass standard if this shit is acceptable\good, if this is the best version i dread thinking about the other 2.
I do not believe you or you have other issue.
Playing quality mode here and it's perfectly smooth.

GymWolf

I do not believe you or you have other issue.
Playing quality mode here and it's perfectly smooth.
First, i give 2 fucks and a half if you believe me or not, i have nothing against the game because i'm not a child nor i work for EA, and i played the game on console like you, i'm not some smart ass like other people who is waiting to see if the game is gonna be fixed, devs already had my money in full, second i played in perf mode, maybe read the damn post 2-3 times before calling people liars.
(Third i tried other 2 perf mode in 2 other games to see if something was off with my ps5 but both hfw and ragnarock are pretty much flawless)

It must be way easier to keep looked 30 over locked 60, have you stopped thinking that?

Even on pc locking to 30 is usually the solution to run almost any game if 60 are unachievable because the game is broken.

The shader compile shit was 90% solved by switching to dx11 before any patch, you can watch by yourself on the cohhcarnage stream where he goes from totally unplayable to 90% perfect, you don't have to believe me, digital F probably didn't covered that.

The game had 7 fucking patches on ps5 since the day one 3 days ago, and they were all to fix performances since no review ever talked about game breaking bugs or graphical glitches to fix, all the patches are to iron out performances, gtfo with this dev apoligism of my ass, i payed the game and i don't have to care about your feeling when i comment on it on a forum, devs probably released 7 patches just because they had nothing to do, right? :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Tbf like i said previously, the hiccups are more noticeable not during combat (mostly) but just during exploration and panning the camera so they are not super annoying, but it's the worse perf mode on console since a while, completed the game on version 1.6, now we are 1.7, maybe 7 times is the charm...

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
They are trying something new and it's their first time doing it. In the landscape of modern gaming its not a huge deal even if it sucks there are performance issues. I've asked for the game for Christmas and if I don't get it will pay full price for it to support devs making this type of game. I used to think people were overreacting when they would say gamers were entitled spoiled brats. But then I started reading threads like this every other day it seems. Don't be pissed when, as others have said, the dev makes a F2P Battle Royale next.

You should be fixing your broken game, not posting in GAF

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
First, i give 2 fucks and a half if you believe me or not, i have nothing against the game because i'm not a child nor i work for EA, and i played the game on console like you, i'm not some smart ass like other people who is waiting to see if the game is gonna be fixed, devs already had my money in full, second i played in perf mode, maybe read the damn post 2-3 times before calling people liars.
(Third i tried other 2 perf mode in 2 other games to see if something was off with my ps5 but both hfw and ragnarock are pretty much flawless)

It must be way easier to keep looked 30 over locked 60, have you stopped thinking that?

Even on pc locking to 30 is usually the solution to run almost any game if 60 are unachievable because the game is broken.

The shader compile shit was 90% solved by switching to dx11 before any patch, you can watch by yourself on the cohhcarnage stream where he goes from totally unplayable to 90% perfect, you don't have to believe me, digital F probably didn't covered that.

The game had 7 fucking patches on ps5 since the day one 3 days ago, and they were all to fix performances since no review ever talked about game breaking bugs or graphical glitches to fix, all the patches are to iron out performances, gtfo with this dev apoligism of my ass, i payed the game and i don't have to care about your feeling when i comment on it on a forum, devs probably released 7 patches just because they had nothing to do, right? :lollipop_grinning_smiling_eyes:

Tbf like i said previously, the hiccups are more noticeable not during combat (mostly) but just during exploration and panning the camera so they are not super annoying, but it's the worse perf mode on console since a while, completed the game on version 1.6, now we are 1.7, maybe 7 times is the charm...
Play with vrr.
John said it rarely drops below 60. So enable vrr...

The game really is not that broken. It's not days gone and people make it sound like it is.
I only have seen 1 patch since I got the game

Last edited:

GymWolf

John said it rarely drops below 60. So enable vrr...

The game really is not that broken. It's not days gone and people make it sound like it is.
I only have seen 1 patch since I got the game
I have vvr always on.

Fun fact, maybe because i played on ps4 pro, but days gone was not heavily bugged for me, but i'm usually very lucky with bugs, even cyberpunk (on pc) was not that bad.

I already finished the game unfortunately, of course the game is not that broken that you can't play it, but it was the less fluid perf mode i tried in a while.

The game had 7 performance patches in 3 days, i'm hardly talking about stuff that doesn't exist, maybe you just picked the game yesterday because i had one patch a day basically since i have the game.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I started buying games on consoles and there are less problems. And even if there are, the box was only 500$.
So I can feel better about myself.
On a 3080 (not high end anymore pc), My ass hurts from being gaped open. I feel like a fool when problem like this happen
It's easy to avoid it, though, even if you're on PC. As long as you don't preorder and just wait a day or two after release to see the reviews and tech analysis stuff.

Chronicle

I didn't pre-order it because

#1 My backlog is already too large to be buying more games that I'm not super interested in
#2 I don't tend to pre-order games unless I don't want to be spoiled on the story and want to play as soon as I can
So did you play it or not? Or are you just crying because you heard something is against your morals.

spookyfish

I wasn’t aware of any performance problems with this game. The repeated complaint has been a potentially good game being irreparably harmed by poor combat design with clunky and unfair combat.

Which is not something that would be fixed by delaying for a couple of months.
This. Playing on PS5, and the game “runs” okay. But enemies walk through solid walls; spawn immediately behind you, no matter where you position yourself; aiming—especiallly with GRP—is EXTREMELY slow;

I mean, it runs fine, I guess, is the best I can say about it.

I've been told it's great on PS5.
I can assure you this game runs fine on performance mode on PS5. There are a few frame drops here and there but they only occur for one frame or so and it only seems to drop into the mid 50's.

Nothing game breaking or immersion ruining.

This game is just really fucking sick too. The gore is great and like other people are saying combat is easy to learn but hard to master meaning that you will die a lot when you're outnumbered.

mdkirby

This. Playing on PS5, and the game “runs” okay. But enemies walk through solid walls; spawn immediately behind you, no matter where you position yourself; aiming—especiallly with GRP—is EXTREMELY slow;

I mean, it runs fine, I guess, is the best I can say about it.
Stunning endorsement :messenger_tears_of_joy:....I'd love to see a game do some self aware and self deprecating marketing. Plastered on a box cover "I mean, it runs fine, I guess" or "I wouldn't call it a terrible game" or "Im sure some people might find it fun"

I love again that people are going in so much harder on this than they are with Game Freak for Pokemon
Right? That game is a slam dance of a joke. At least the devs tried with Calisto. I'm just happy they made their own game and said basically said fuck EA, we'll make our own Dead Space if they won't let us.

I'm happy to support them.

PS5 version got like three 10GB+ patches prior to the release. They just didn't make it in time with fixing the PC version since it's more complex. ;)

I can't say this surprises me, this always happens to December releases because you're rushing it to release the game before the holiday season. Hope it was worth it.
PC runs on DirectX, the most dev friendly ecosystem. Nice try. Time for attempt number 2. Go right ahead.
PC more complex............ Oblivious much?
PC is being neglected because it's uber sensitive to piracy. That's it. Nothing more. "Master race"

Had a good chuckle though, thanks!

Last edited:

digdug2

I know it's been said a million times on here, but I have had it with all of these developers putting out some half-assed shit and baiting people into buying it. I was extremely hyped for this game knowing that it was coming from the creator of Dead Space, but after all the controversy (Glen Schofield glorifying overworking his employees, charging extra to get extra death animations, and all of the performance issues), I sincerely have zero patience for this developer.

PS5 version got like three 10GB+ patches prior to the release. They just didn't make it in time with fixing the PC version since it's more complex. ;)

I can't say this surprises me, this always happens to December releases because you're rushing it to release the game before the holiday season. Hope it was worth it.
3x 10gb!? Sorry thats not patching.
Its reviving a fucking corpse

Top Bottom