• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can I tip pizza delivery guy with my debit card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhineBuyM3

I normally tip with cash, but I just realized I gave my available cash to a relative earlier today, but I'd still like to tip the guy/gal.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you bought the order with a credit card you'll have a thing to sign and it'll have a spot for a tip.

DJ_Lae

Their mobile machine usually prompts you for a tip immediately after you hit ok the first time, either for credit or debit. Don't worry, they won't let you forget to tip.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Is this like a grubhub order or something?

could just give him a random object from within your home as a tip.

"Hey buddy, here's a lamp as compensation!"

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is this like a grubhub order or something?

could just give him a random object from within your home as a tip.

"Hey buddy, here's a lamp as compensation!"

I was given gummy bears mixed with change as a tip before.

People suck.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Give a very valuable piece of life advice for a tip.

"Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Just remember the rule.

10% if you weren't completely satisfied.

15% is the average.

20% or more if you felt the guy/girl did an exceptional job.

50% or more and I don't think I even wanna know what the person did to earn that good of a tip :p

At any rate, I wish I knew debit card tipping was an option over a year ago, when a friend and I were about to head to the convenience store to literally get change to tip the pizza guy, and we wind up backing up into the pizza guy as he was pulling up the driveway. The irony left me paralyzed in laughter and I felt terrible the whole day because of it.

The pizza guy was a gentleman and scholar about the whole thing. :)

Shauni

What pizza delivery guys are carrying around mobile credit swipers? Just curious, I worked at a Pizza Hut as a delivery man for almost two years, and we just brought the receipt to sign, they paid over the phone.

You get a lot of weird tips delivering pizza. I once got an older but functional stereo and a toy train set once at a house. Nothing beats getting a grocery bag filled with mixed change with the guy's promise that it's a good tip. In fairness, once it was actually $30 when I finally sorted it all out the next day. The other time I had that happen it was $3.75 and a shoelace.

knkng

I'm surprised so many people are mentioning writing the tip on the receipt. I haven't seen that in like 15 years. Usually the machine automatically goes goes through an extra step to add a tip with the option of -$ -% or -No Tip.

What pizza delivery guys are carrying around mobile credit swipers?
All of them? Where do you guys live?

He just gave me a bag full of change, and at the bottom was a shoelace. He may not have even realize it was there, I dunno.

Now the question is, why would a shoelace be removed and placed in a bag.

Maybe he was raising awareness of the aglet. That's the thing at the end of a shoelace, btw.

Just remember the rule.

10% if you weren't completely satisfied.

15% is the average.

20% or more if you felt the guy/girl did an exceptional job.

50% or more and I don't think I even wanna know what the person did to earn that good of a tip :p

I´ve given 50% several times even if the service was average. But that's because I suck at math.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Having to tip for Pizza delivery is bullshit especially when you already get charged a ~$2 delivery fee.

I´ve given 50% several times even if the service was average. But that's because I suck at math.

50% of $1 is 50 cents.

You should be able to work it out from there.

the average cost of a large pizza is like $20. 50% of $20 is $10.

Sometimes, for some people, it's not a matter of percentage though. There's plenty of people that just tip $5 regardless of the percentage/service.

OuterLimits

Having to tip for Pizza delivery is bullshit especially when you already get charged a ~$2 delivery fee.

That usually goes to the pizza place though to cover drivers expenses I think?

I usually tip the delivery person well. Especially since I'm being lazy and not driving to get the pizza myself.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
That usually goes to the pizza place though to cover drivers expenses I think?

I usually tip the delivery person well. Especially since I'm being lazy and not driving to get the pizza myself.

I know. It should go to the drivers, but it doesn't. I'm not gonna tip on top of that though.

It would turn a $10 Pizza to a $16 dollar one. I'm not about to double my cost because companies can't be bothered to pay their employees reasonable wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom