• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

can i transfer PSP saves from USB drive to ps3?

here is my situation:

1. i had a psp with a bunch of psone save files
2. i sold the psp but i kept the microsd card with all the save files
3. i transferred said save files to my PC

now i want to put these files on my ps3 so i can pick up where i left off and possibly transfer them to vita whenever sony updates the vita to support psone games. so i put the PSP save folder on a usb drive and plug it into the ps3. the "memory card utility" section of the ps3 does recognize the USB drive, but it says "there is no saved data" when i click on it.

i can find my "PSP" folder on the ps3 when i go to the "Music" section. but if i try to "copy" it from there it says there are no music files to copy. how can i accomplish this?

Get the save file itself (BASLUS or something) and put it into the USB drive with this file structure:

PS3/EXPORT/PSV/save file

Get the save file itself (BASLUS or something) and put it into the USB drive with this file structure:

PS3/EXPORT/PSV/save file

hmmm, well here is what i do:

1. click "PSP"
2. click "SAVEDATA"
3. i have 4 file options. 3 appear to be psp game data that was transferred over (monster hunter, castlevania and another game). the 4th says "ULUS10391DAT" which i'm assuming is my psone saves cause there are a bunch when i go into the folder. but the file names are just "000000000", "00000001", etc. i saved a lot because of FF7 and other rpg's.

so do i need to rename these "00000000" files one by one?

hmmm, well here is what i do:

1. click "PSP"
2. click "SAVEDATA"
3. i have 4 file options. 3 appear to be psp game data that was transferred over (monster hunter, castlevania and another game). the 4th says "ULUS10391DAT" which i'm assuming is my psone saves cause there are a bunch when i go into the folder. but the file names are just "000000000", "00000001", etc. i saved a lot because of FF7 and other rpg's.

so do i need to rename these "00000000" files one by one?

So I looked into it and it seems psp uses a different file system for psone games. I assumed they both were .psv. You need to put them in the .psv format for the ps3 to read them and I don't know how to convert them on a computer. I just know if you plug in the psp to the ps3, the ps3 will automatically convert them to .psv when you copy them over.

So I looked into it and it seems psp uses a different file system for psone games. I assumed they both were .psv. You need to put them in the .psv format for the ps3 to read them and I don't know how to convert them on a computer. I just know if you plug in the psp to the ps3, the ps3 will automatically convert them to .psv when you copy them over.

drats! alright, i might be screwed on it :/

Top Bottom