• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can someone help me identify this weird action figure character from the 90's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKyo

I've had this weird toy since childhood and I can't bring myself to get rid of it just because it's so odd and interesting looking, yet I have no idea what the hell it is or what it's from(the only print on it is some obscure factory brand in china). Was it some kind of obscure toy line? Are there other characters like it?

3msP9sa.jpg

DaOJ5yZ.jpg

It's like a rubbery snail.. looking guy... but he has a suit of plastic purple power armor that clips around him. Surely somebody here has some idea to what he is all about.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I had one too OP. They came with this rubber launcher that you could fold inside out to make it jump.

Psxphile

Snaliens Commercial

- Supersonic Shell Fighters
- Snail Francisco
- Each Snalien is named after a famous US President

OMG OP, your childhood...
TMNT ruined a generation of kids by inspiring a legion of copycat bullshit toy franchises in the early '90s. Every time I hear someone having nostalgia for Street Sharks or Biker Mice From Mars I retch.

I remember that those rubber shells required a loooooot of force to turn them inside out so you could actually use them to pop the mini figure.

Weetrick

Oh shit there's a green armor one up for sale on ebay!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-199...igure-Loose-/161848186444?hash=item25aee7564c

Actually there's quite a few choices up, and some go for a lot in their original packaging lol

I can't believe they named them after US presidents, my god

Is there a Snailbraham Lincoln? Snaildrow Wilson?

I see Roosevelt (Snalien Navigator), Washington (Snalien Commander), Lincoln (Snalien Engineer) and Jefferson (Officer). The evil Lunartick is named Armorkillo!
This franchise is ripe for a reboot. Only $200 for that Ebay lot! Hahaha

Oh and the backstory printed on those figurine boxes is incredible:

On a planet known as Crust-Station 7, live a colony of stellar snails called Snaliens.

They receive a distress call from their Earth boung snail mates that Intergalac-Ticked off Lunarticks are invading the Earth!

The Snaliens take off on the space frigate, S. Cargo, to battle with the tick infestation of Earth and save Snail Francisco!

DarkKyo

So many terrible puns, it's amazing. I'm assuming they thought since TMNT used famous historical names then doing the same schtick with the Snailiens would be just as radical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom