• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can we acknowledge that Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was a great game and under appreciated?

ungalo

It was underrated for sure and the last truly authentic Rare game.

I don't know if it was great, i think it had unfulfilled potential, some challenges were really tedious.

I said this elsewhere, but the people who slag on N&B were typically the ones who didn't have the cognitive ability to solve the more creative levels in that game.

The game was ace--it just didn't satisfy the fanbois at all, so it was needlessly slagged on. It's a great game and deserves praise.

I said this elsewhere, but the people who slag on N&B were typically the ones who didn't have the cognitive ability to solve the more creative levels in that game.

The game was ace--it just didn't satisfy the fanbois at all, so it was needlessly slagged on. It's a great game and deserves praise.

Only big brains were able to appreciate this absolutely abysmal game

Derp GIF by 43 Clicks North

Calverz

I enjoyed my time with it. The intro was really well done imo. I enjoyed the vehicle creation system in the game. I think in some ways it was ahead of its time. It should have had more platforming segments though. Too much focus on vehicles.

Mohonky

Eh, a lot of people shit on this game and Rates output in general, but imo they had a lot of really good games in the Xbox and 360 era; Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo, BK Nutz and Bolts, Viva Pinata, Conker.....I really enjoyed all of them.

I know people wanted a more traditional BK, but that sort of game had sort of run its course, Yookalalee or whatever it was called was a game in a very similar style, but the age of collectathons was done and I'm kind of glad with that.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Kameo was better though OP. Low key, Kameo is the only game they’ve released post acquisition that was on par with their N64/SNES stuff. Maybe because development started out way before their eventual downfall.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Didn’t Reggie say he got the idea for Tears of the Kingdom from N&B?

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Too big, a lot of stuff showing, but empty. Boring in the sack

Banjo Tooie was a first sign of bigger and not better, but still great. Nuts and Bolts doesn't have the soul of the series

MagnesD3

Kameo was better though OP. Low key, Kameo is the only game they’ve released post acquisition that was on par with their N64/SNES stuff. Maybe because development started out way before their eventual downfall.
I disagree, the abilities in cameo where very unfun and it felt really sluggish to move (played 4 hours and dropped it).. When was the last time you played it?

The last good game series Ive heard rare making was viva pinata.

Last edited:

BlakeofT

Hated the idea of it when it came out because I desperately wanted Banjo Threeie. I ended up getting it day 1 because it came with a download code to the XBL version of the original. Hated Nuts and Bolts when I first played it, and it stayed like that for a long time. For some reason I eventually went back to it and loved it to death. I still can't stand how your vehicle turns 90 degrees whenever someone taps into you during a race though.

chlorate

N&B definitely inspired the new Zelda, but it kind of lacks all the BotW gameplay on top of the vehicle sections that balances everything out.

Naming the hub world “Showdown Town” makes me wonder if British people don’t know what a sundown town is, or if they do and decided to reference the term anyway

ungalo

I disagree, the abilities in cameo where very unfun and it felt really sluggish to move (played 4 hours and dropped it).. When was the last time you played it?

The last good game series Ive heard rare making was viva pinata.
Same. Kameo is mid, alright at best, but i think the beauty of the game for the 360 launch lineup was its biggest quality.

Nuts & Bolts is far better in my opinion. Unfortunately the more you play the worse it gets. Each world is better than what follows. And the best thing about the game is the incredible main hub.

Top Bottom