• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

Been charged for Overwatch from BB, so it should arrive on Tuesday. Darn holiday preventing me from playing the on 23rd, lol, oh well

I need to finish making a cosplay I've been working on for a while anyhow...

Of course I work Tuesday evening, the first Tuesday evening I've worked in months >_<

Forgot to cancel mine. Guess I gotta return lol.

killroy87

1. Buy them all for $5 each
2. Wait for sale to be over and trade them in
3. ????
4. Profit.

They're usually not dumb enough to have trade in values higher than clearance prices like that. The selling price might go up eventually, but the trade in value is probably stuck at like $1-2 forever now.

Anyone who preordered Overwatch: Origins Edition online (for PC) get their code for the skin for Widow?

I got shipping notification but nothing on the Widow Skin preorder bonus.

c-murph

They're usually not dumb enough to have trade in values higher than clearance prices like that. The selling price might go up eventually, but the trade in value is probably stuck at like $1-2 forever now.

Or are they...?

You could try BBY too or wherever.

And at EB Games, Amazon, Microplay, etc. A last push before Overwatch I guess. It's the first time I have not been able to sell a game on Kijiji. I had it at a good price almost since launch, new...

I saw that and had that same reaction. So fast.

I bought it, then was able to return it because it wasn't really for me. I didn't beat it, though, and regret that since I only had 2 missions left, so when the library gets it I'll borrow it. But there's no way I'd pay $90 for it. That's laughable.

$20 maybe.

1337Sauce

Anyone got a good way to remove sticker residue? One if my books came with an ugly barcode. :|

Had the exact same problem with some blu rays for the first time last month. Bought some rubbing alcohol, and applied a very very tiny bit to the end of a piece of paper towel (Like literally just a dab). Wiped off the sticker residue very carefully, as this was on the cardboard sleeves wrapped around the blu ray, and not the actual case itself.

Worked wonders, and didn't damage the sleeve at all. Try at your own risk because I don't want to be held responsible...but after cleaning all of my blu rays that had previous residue I can't even tell you one time where I had a negative result.

Hazu

Got a brand new Bayonetta 2 first print edition for 40$ at Microplay. Was still 70$ a few weeks ago. :)

1463786599-img-0836.jpg

23qwerty

lol so I got an email from my credit card company this morning about suspicious activity.

My card had been used in Michigan, Europe, and Tokyo all within a few hours. No idea how that happened

kennah

Went to a different superstore today.

New in box Personal Trainer Cooking teal DS for $170.

There was a LOT of other weird classic stuff like Red Steel 2 with Wiimote, Wiifit 1, Multiple Xbox 360s (Arcade and other). Blast from the past man.

And the best part?

All the XBONE and PS4 stuff was on super cheap clearance, but the mega old stuff wasn't.

I heard a rumour that review codes aren't going out until launch day. Don't hold me to it, though.

Vanquish is the only Platinum game I've loved. The others have been okay to disappointing for me. Bayonetta, for instance, is just too silly. I hope this will be good, though, and better than middling Transformers. I've always cared about this IP

Ondore

Can confirm that Beat Buy is giving $15 for Codename STEAM trade-in still. I suspect this won't last past start of business Tuesday.

MarkusRJR

Went to a different superstore today.

New in box Personal Trainer Cooking teal DS for $170.

There was a LOT of other weird classic stuff like Red Steel 2 with Wiimote, Wiifit 1, Multiple Xbox 360s (Arcade and other). Blast from the past man.

And the best part?

All the XBONE and PS4 stuff was on super cheap clearance, but the mega old stuff wasn't.
Which one? I might check it out tomorrow if there's anything left.

Sealtest

Does apple canada offer the out of warranty "battery replacement" ipad repair? Picked up a working 16gb ipad air today for $20 at a yard sale and it doesn't hold a charge. Looking to see if it's worth just paying the $99 USD for the "repair"

Does apple canada offer the out of warranty "battery replacement" ipad repair? Picked up a working 16gb ipad air today for $20 at a yard sale and it doesn't hold a charge. Looking to see if it's worth just paying the $99 USD for the "repair"

Yes. It's a flat fee as I recall.

Air 1 and 2 are amazing.

Wedge7

Any of you know how to purchase digital codes off Amazon.com? Not sure if there is a work around or not, just curious as it would be a decent savings. Friends randomly wanted to start playing Halo: MC Collection, and its $20 USD on Amazon.com for a digital download, but its still $60 CDN over here. Just wondering if its even possible to buy it off the US site.

Checked the CDKeys website as well, but its unfortunately sold out.

Any of you know how to purchase digital codes off Amazon.com? Not sure if there is a work around or not, just curious as it would be a decent savings. Friends randomly wanted to start playing Halo: MC Collection, and its $20 USD on Amazon.com for a digital download, but its still $60 CDN over here. Just wondering if its even possible to buy it off the US site.

Checked the CDKeys website as well, but its unfortunately sold out.

yeah make an american address and buy it, I used 123 First Street, LA, California, 90210. Same account as my Canadian, just added a US address to it.

People who have ordered from Ameri-Amazon, could use some help.

I ordered Zero Time Dilemma for the Vita the moment it went up on the American Amazon and got the free limited edition watches that us Canadians don't get, and the order went through since it specifically said that it did ship to my city in Canada at the time.

I checked just now since I remembered the standing order. I looked on the ZTD game page and saw that it was changed to "This Item does not ship to [Your City], Canada", but as of right now my order still stands. Does it say that because the limited Watch Bonus is sold out (The normal game ships internationally)? Am I good to go, or can I expect a last-minute cancellation?

It would be nice to have, but if it gets cancelled, at least I can save 30 bucks and order it here.

chrono01

People who have ordered from Ameri-Amazon, could use some help.

I ordered Zero Time Dilemma for the Vita the moment it went up on the American Amazon and got the free limited edition watches that us Canadians don't get, and the order went through since it specifically said that it did ship to my city in Canada at the time.

I checked just now since I remembered the standing order. I looked on the ZTD game page and saw that it was changed to "This Item does not ship to [Your City], Canada", but as of right now my order still stands. Does it say that because the limited Watch Bonus is sold out (The normal game ships internationally)? Am I good to go, or can I expect a last-minute cancellation?

It would be nice to have, but if it gets cancelled, at least I can save 30 bucks and order it here.
Same situation with me, only I have the Vita and 3DS versions (with the watch) pre-ordered in the same order, and I want to cancel one of them (3DS) and go with the Vita. I'm hesitant to do it, since I'm worried the system will automatically cancel the entire thing, so apparently they no longer ship the special edition here. I could always sell the 3DS version to a friend or something...

Same situation with me, only I have the Vita and 3DS versions (with the watch) pre-ordered in the same order, and I want to cancel one of them (3DS) and go with the Vita. I'm hesitant to do it, since I'm worried the system will automatically cancel the entire thing, so apparently they no longer ship the special edition here. I could always sell the 3DS version to a friend or something...

Well, I suppose we'll see soon enough... Seems to be 5 bucks cheaper on amazon.ca than anywhere else (And for some reason, best buy seems to only have the 3ds version listed, so I can't use my sister's discount on that, darn.)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, someone could ask Amazon.com support to see what they say?

Here's what they said:
my name is Khalil. I'm here to help you today. I am so sorry to hear about the confusion you had regarding your pre-order. Your order definitely still stands and it will be shipped to Canada as scheduled.

Maybe someone else wants to try.

SickBoy

driving across kelowna is slow going right now..

woo may long

Last time I was there was a brief visit in 2009. My one enduring impression was "holy crap the traffic here sucks."

what's the cheapest I can get Uncharted 4 these days? Anything below MSRP?

It's not great savings and might be hard to find, but it seems to be $74.99 regular price at Shoppers. I also saw a bunch of cards for it at Costco recently (which is weird 'cause they're hardly stocking any video game stuff at all)... they didn't have a sign posted, but I'm sure it's probably at least $5 off. $10 if you're lucky.

Hrm, someone could ask Amazon.com support to see what they say?

Here's what they said:
my name is Khalil. I'm here to help you today. I am so sorry to hear about the confusion you had regarding your pre-order. Your order definitely still stands and it will be shipped to Canada as scheduled.

Maybe someone else wants to try.

Woohoo, thanks for checking. I'll definitely ask again once I get home, just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom