• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 8: Don't Move Here For The Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

daevv

What Canadian site was selling the import physical edition of Dragon Quest Builders for Vita? I cannot remember.

killroy87

FN-2187

One time I saw someone order a Triple Triple, I can't even imagine how sweet that would be

My sister briefly worked at a Tim's and there was a rather large woman who came in everyday and ordered a large "four-by-four" as she would call it. She said the cup was almost half filled with cream.

dem

My sister briefly worked at a Tim's and there was a rather large woman who came in everyday and ordered a large "four-by-four" as she would call it. She said the cup was almost half filled with cream.

I have also witnessed the 4x4

just.. why?

Windam

Scaley member
This EB trade deal worth it for someone with a 1080p TV and no real desire to upgrade to a 4K one any time soon? (I have a PC with an OCed 6600K and 1070, fwiw.)

This EB trade deal worth it for someone with a 1080p TV and no real desire to upgrade to a 4K one any time soon? (I have a PC with an OCed 6600K and 1070, fwiw.)

PS4 Pro makes compatible games look like bullshots on my 1080p TV. I am happy with the upgrade. Others say they can't see the difference though.

If you're happy with PC gaming I don't know if it's for you.

Kyolux

Watch Dogs 2 for $49.99 is tempting. Is there a way to know which SDM sells games? I don't wanna be calling every stores.

I see this and my amazon copy is shipping soon at 78 with taxes.. :( All the reviews made me reconsider getting the game. (had cancelled my 49.99 pre-order)

Tried cancelling.. we'll see.

Will go and try to pick it up after work. Had to go buy some tuck tape too and there's a SDM near where I was going to go.

bbd23

well I tried an amazon prime free trial this summer and I was just able to sign up for another free trial just now..I thought you could only do that once a year?

Banned
I've been less active in this thread since making the decision to go all digital on consoles.

But with the Switch I may return back to retail.

Chatted with Amazon about my Pokemon shipping schedule and agreed to pay to move it up to release day shipping. The order status hasn't shown shipped yet. Ah well. I'll just bother them again to refund the shipping charge and have it by Tuesday. Havent really been impressed at all with Amazon. Couldn't stick to the promo, shipping a mess in multiple ways.

I've been less active in this thread since making the decision to go all digital on consoles.

But with the Switch I may return back to retail.

Potential game size versus storage space is a real issue. I could see myself being heavily physical on the system as well.

right now I am about 60-40 digital these days.

Chatted with Amazon about my Pokemon shipping schedule and agreed to pay to move it up to release day shipping. The order status hasn't shown shipped yet. Ah well. I'll just bother them again to refund the shipping charge and have it by Tuesday. Havent really been impressed at all with Amazon. Couldn't stick to the promo, shipping a mess in multiple ways.

I broke down and decided to order Moon yesterday. I'm not sure when it's going to ship and I'm on Prime. I think their initial allotment is all ordered up.

Lothars

I broke down and decided to order Moon yesterday. I'm not sure when it's going to ship and I'm on Prime. I think their initial allotment is all ordered up.
I ordered pokemon back at E3 and they still haven't shipped but I will be contacting them today to see what's happening with it.

Banned
Potential game size versus storage space is a real issue. I could see myself being heavily physical on the system as well.

right now I am about 60-40 digital these days.

I have this weird OCD thing where I don't like to split my storage mediums. I either want all retail or all digital. Lol.

Vinc

Pokemon is the first game to come out since I changed my shipping address to a Canada Post FlexDelivery address. And Pokemon is the first item in the whole order to not ship on time for release day delivery.

Anyone else in the same situation? I don't care about Pokemon shipping late, but I'll be livid if The Last Guardian does the same.

Moltenix

I've stuck to physical for most of my Wii U and 3DS games so Switch probably won't change things up especially if storage is only handled through SD cards.

Been going heavily digital on XB1 although I do buy discs when stores have good deals. With external HDD support, it's nice having all my games easily accessible including all my EA Access downloads.

Pokemon is the first game to come out since I changed my shipping address to a Canada Post FlexDelivery address. And Pokemon is the first item in the whole order to not ship on time for release day delivery.

Anyone else in the same situation? I don't care about Pokemon shipping late, but I'll be livid if The Last Guardian does the same.

When did you order Pokemon?

True Fire

Pokemon Sun hasn't shipped yet. I preordered it during E3, so consider me less than impressed Amazon. If I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for "release day" delivery :/

I don't think even the US has any deals on the Pro, it's still new. Most sales will be for the Slim this holiday.

Best deal that is not a trade-in is to find it at an SDM or PP on a 20x Points Day. That's 100k points or a bit more than $170 money off other goods at the store (including other games)

Kyolux

Well.. amazon said it was too late to cancel my WD2 order. Don't feel like returning it though so I guess I'll just go along with it and just forget about that SDM deal.

edit: oh damn.. just realized I should order pokemon now for the prime discount. I don't want it. But my gf will and it's her birthday in 3 weeks.. Which should I get? Sun or Moon?

ohlawd

even if you live in the East, it's like 11 AM still. why expect a shipping update? complain when it's late afternoon because that's the normal time shit ships

So I canceled my second PS4 Pro pre order at Ebgames last night (that I ordered online for store pick up) and they were reluctant to return the money back to my credit card. I fought them but honestly I was having a bad day and didn't feel like escalating it and just took the damn store credit.
I buy games through prime so that ends up being an annoyance.
Rarely shop there anymore but now I doubt I'll ever be back (might just gift the store credit).

So I canceled my second PS4 Pro pre order at Ebgames last night (that I ordered online for store pick up) and they were reluctant to return the money back to my credit card. I fought them but honestly I was having a bad day and didn't feel like escalating it and just took the damn store credit.
I buy games through prime so that ends up being an annoyance.
Rarely shop there anymore but now I doubt I'll ever be back (might just gift the store credit).

Did you pay the deposit with credit or store trade?

Edit: NVM. You ordered online. They should refund that shit. You could have given it a shot through their online support.

eyesradar

My Pokemon Sun / Moon dual pack is still "being shipped today" from Amazon.ca.

My f**king JP imported copy has already left HongKong last night. Wth amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom