• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Can't check out on PSN Canada

i-Lo

I've been trying to buy a few games since the least two days and I've constantly getting this message when trying to 'confirm purchase' subsequent to 2 step authentication process:

"We've encountered an error while processing your order. Please try again later."

My account is linked to PayPal and this problem has happened to me once before but never lasted so long.

Any help would be appreciated.

Was it from the Webstore or the console store ?
Had it multiple time on the webstore where my bank was not accepting the billing address I put on the PSN (missing a space or stuff like that).

How you can try to fix it:
- Check if it works from the console store (that was the case for me, for whatever reason)
- Try verifying your billing address and copy/paste it from your bank's attached address
- Call your bank to see why those requests are refused (Sony does not have the reason apparently)
- If the bank has no info, check with Sony's customer service. I found that calling them is easier than getting an answer by mail or chat.

Note that if you tried more than 5 times, there is a silent "ban" on your account from the webstore for up to 1month (yup, I agree, wtf ?). Was told that by a customer service rep.

i-Lo

Was it from the Webstore or the console store ?
Had it multiple time on the webstore where my bank was not accepting the billing address I put on the PSN (missing a space or stuff like that).

How you can try to fix it:
- Check if it works from the console store (that was the case for me, for whatever reason)
- Try verifying your billing address and copy/paste it from your bank's attached address
- Call your bank to see why those requests are refused (Sony does not have the reason apparently)
- If the bank has no info, check with Sony's customer service. I found that calling them is easier than getting an answer by mail or chat.

Note that if you tried more than 5 times, there is a silent "ban" on your account from the webstore for up to 1month (yup, I agree, wtf ?). Was told that by a customer service rep.

Thank you.

It's the website store. I'll try it via PS4 and see if the result is the same.

I has this happen before too with a card I used weekly on there... suddenly it stops working... I gave up and bought psn cards for like 6 months then tried again and the pos worked again. My bank said Sony kept pushing zero charges at the credit card, Sony kept saying it was the banks fault. Fun times.

I has this happen before too with a card I used weekly on there... suddenly it stops working... I gave up and bought psn cards for like 6 months then tried again and the pos worked again. My bank said Sony kept pushing zero charges at the credit card, Sony kept saying it was the banks fault. Fun times.

For me, apparently my bank decided that I spent there on a weird schedule (not all the time at the same hour) with pretty similar amounts so they thought I may have had my card stolen but they did not call to verify at any point.
On another occurence, they also said that my address was wrong after 6 months with no problem ; it was a space at the end of my address in their files that I had no idea was there.

SystemUser

I thought this was going to be another story about PSN rejecting random credit cards. I have heard a few where PSN just doesn't like a credit card that works everywhere else in the world.

I haven't heard of this problem with paypal accounts before though.

Top Bottom